Neitz still the one.

DeeM

What a very strange leadership group!

Yze? Robbo? Miller?

No Green?

It's a very 'old' leadership group, and Green is very stiff to miss out.

Still, Neita being captain and Brock being in the leadership group is all that really matters.

This is probably the first time I have been in disagreement with Bailey. Elevating Yze and Miller to the leadership group reeks of something wrong. Brad Green was probably the most suited for the future role of captain, and his omission from the leadership is surprising and disappointing.

Glad to see Neita staying on as captain for our 150th year though.

This is probably the first time I have been in disagreement with Bailey. Elevating Yze and Miller to the leadership group reeks of something wrong. Brad Green was probably the most suited for the future role of captain, and his omission from the leadership is surprising and disappointing.

Glad to see Neita staying on as captain for our 150th year though.

Led to believe that the leadership group is largely formed on the basis of player vote

Led to believe that the leadership group is largely formed on the basis of player vote

I'd be interested to know whether it's similar to the Hawthorn model, where players are rated by their peers in a number of areas, or it's a straight out player vote. Either way, I'm baffled by the end result. Like Vandenburg, Yze and Miller are borderline to being in our best 22.

This is great news - another poster said that the fact Neita had to think so long for his decision was a bit of a worry - I think the reverse - Neita wanted to assess his body over the summer break to see if he came up ok, and could perform like a captain should. ( think this means 'biffo' when required too !! )

In summary, I am glad he did not just rush into things saying Yeah , I will be captain - he has considered all pros and cons, and made a very consious and committed choice.

GO ( well, I really mean stay!) NEITA - GO DEES.

Is it just me, or is the backline not represented, or is that why miller is there?

From the recent training report, Miller was training with the forwards. Unless Yze plays in the midfield or half back, we'll have 4 permanent forwards in the leadership group. :huh:

Neeta capt !! Shock, Horror..surprise !!! lol.. bit of a yawn really ...nothing to see here..

however... the real surprises are indeed Ooze and Frosty. I'll refrain from my first reaction and consider the 'lateral' Are we going to see a vastly different aspect to these lads this year ? That wouldnt be a bad thing. Ill wait and watch on this one. Is this the start of the magic of Bailey starting to show at Demonland ??

watch this space :)

pick players with eladership qualities, not based on p[osition. if there is no official leader in the backline the coaching staff should pick a player they think could stand up and encourage him to start to lead, but if he isnt a leader yet he shouldnt be in the group.

which defender do you guys have in mind anyway? carrol? the young (and injured all of last year) rivers? the injury prone wheelan? bartram? petterd? frawley? chris johnson or holland maybe?

givin we lost experience in doggy brown and bizzel among others it is no surprise someone needs to step up.

One of the most painful and drawn out topics of the pre-season re - Neitz captaincy.

Yze and Miller back into the leadership group :o

I take it Bailey and Co don't read this forum.

Hopefully Yze relishes this role and puts in a solid 22 game season.

Leadership group is selected by the players, i'm sure the coaches would look and consider it but if they went against the players wishes i'd imagine it would create a bit of a rift.

That said it is very surprising to see them both back in there given that both had a terrible 2007, but who knows maybe they've both had killer pre-seasons. Green is stiff to be left out though.

Green very stiff, yze..........what the F@#k?

Miller, well he has leadership qualities but needs to establish himself as a AFL player and hold a position in the 22.

Weird choice, glad Neitz is still the captain, 1 more year to allow chooka to develop and take over.

Im confused and angry like many. I think neitz should have given away the captancy to a younger player but that doesent really fuss me. Like many Miller and Yze are a shock and as far as i can tell completly unjustified. Yze has been the heart and soul of the club for years but in the past 2 seasons has not put his full effort in, shown by not running after oposition with the ball, going to the ground too easily. No need to elabourate on Miller. Just shows how m,uch DB loves him. It makes me sick

Im confused and angry like many. I think neitz should have given away the captancy to a younger player but that doesent really fuss me. Like many Miller and Yze are a shock and as far as i can tell completly unjustified. Yze has been the heart and soul of the club for years but in the past 2 seasons has not put his full effort in, shown by not running after oposition with the ball, going to the ground too easily. No need to elabourate on Miller. Just shows how m,uch DB loves him. It makes me sick

Good to see another intelligent post on this forum, reminds me of a cold chisel song. standing on the outside looking in.........

Good to see another intelligent post on this forum, reminds me of a cold chisel song. standing on the outside looking in.........

what have i done now to offend you now kitten wings

Makes you sick?

Not getting a fraction carried away?

Can we leave this crap until the season has started......I'm enjoying the positive mood around the club at the minute, and am looking forward to our 150th year being a big one.

Let's try and keep the lid on the negativity bottle until we really need it!

Makes you sick?

Not getting a fraction carried away?

Can we leave this crap until the season has started......I'm enjoying the positive mood around the club at the minute, and am looking forward to our 150th year being a big one.

Let's try and keep the lid on the negativity bottle until we really need it!

it does make me sick that miller is in the leadership group. i think people that disagree are kidding themselves. if anyone can say to my face that miller should be in the leadership group then ill appoligise.

it does make me sick that miller is in the leadership group. i think people that disagree are kidding themselves. if anyone can say to my face that miller should be in the leadership group then ill appoligise.

leadership group no, second chance as fullback under DB yes

leadership group no, second chance as fullback under DB yes

Which is my point. It makes me sick hes in the leadership group. What on earth are u carrying on about. Its my point exacley haha

Which is my point. It makes me sick hes in the leadership group. What on earth are u carrying on about. Its my point exacley haha

Why do you bother to barrack for the club, unless you know the how, where and wherefores of the decisions made you should stop carrying on like a spoilt child, you don't have to like it, but it has been made, so don't get rude about it.