Welcome to Demonland: Tom Campbell

titan_uranus

No offence Tom, but I hope you don't play a game for the Dees, because that would mean that Max is out injured.

Aside from that, I wish you a long and prosperous career at the club.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

As above a pragmatic addition, we may never see him in the seniors but a better  emergency option that we had his year. Hopefully boost club culture and assist with the development of Verrall as well. 

• Like 4

Welcome the the MFC!

Never want to see JVR and/or Petty as a starting ruck in Gawn’s absence.  Hopefully match committee not too stubborn to play him should the unthinkable happen (Gawn injury).

• Like 2
  • Clap 2

28 minutes ago, Red and Blue realist said:

Very highly rated as a person, I wonder if he's in a semi ruck coaching role with Verrall, Fullarton etc. while offering the big body Max needs to train against, plus offers a break glass in case of emergency option. 

Thank the Lord someone here has finally reealised why we went for Campbell, he will be much more the people think, he will be great for Verrall and is also a great clubman, just what we need right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Welcome the the MFC!

Never want to see JVR and/or Petty as a starting ruck in Gawn’s absence.  Hopefully match committee not too stubborn to play him should the unthinkable happen (Gawn injury).

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't think they were stubborn this season.

I think they just came to the realisation that Fullarton wasn't going to provide us much more than JVR/Petty/Turner already were.

Hence, Campbell.

• Like 1

Welcome to MFC Tom Campbell as mentioned previously you provide a viable option in case Max is hurt, also great clubman which we desperately need at present and also from previous posters you will positively impact our younger rucks as well. Thanks for coming on board and thanks MFC for filling the most urgent hole on our list.

• Like 4

Super happy that we have a backup ruck. A good result.

Hoping he takes the primary ruck spot at Casey and rotating with Verrall in the forward line. Verrall looked decent as a forward at times this year.

If that plays out then we will have a very tall forward line. I'm tipping that Fullarton will be sent to the backline which hopefully resurrects his career. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mo64 said:

No offence Tom, but I hope you don't play a game for the Dees, because that would mean that Max is out injured.

Aside from that, I wish you a long and prosperous career at the club.

I hope he does get a game because we give Gawn a rest. 23 games is a long season for 30+ yo ruck to carry the burden.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

26 minutes ago, BAMF said:

Super happy that we have a backup ruck. A good result.

Hoping he takes the primary ruck spot at Casey and rotating with Verrall in the forward line. Verrall looked decent as a forward at times this year.

If that plays out then we will have a very tall forward line. I'm tipping that Fullarton will be sent to the backline which hopefully resurrects his career. 

Agree BAMF Verrall fwd/ruck rotating with Campbell, Derksen full back, Fullarton CHB will make Casey a lot more competitive.

Edited by DeeZone
Spell checker

Only seen him play twice (live) but from what i witnessed he looked to be as fit and solid as any ruckman running around at either level.

He almost turned the second game i saw him play on its head single handedly out at Sandy last year but i have to curtail any enthusiasm with the knowledge that the AFL is a diff prospect for many.  Even those who sometimes put their hand up at VFL level.  He did run out of puff in the last quarter in that match.

He's a big unit with a big frame who hits packs hard and can take the odd decent grab.  Will certainly make his presence felt whether he's at Casey or the odd cameo upstairs.

He reminds me just a tad of Meek and how he goes about things, albeit alot older.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, greenwaves said:

The club has clearly realised Fullarton isn't good enough 

He isn't a Ruckman or a Key Position type

200cm but plays like a Wing

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sydee said:

Brisbane seemed to cope ok with a second string ruck in the GF 

Unless they are taking contested marks regularly and kicking goals their influence can be overstated imo 

He showed up Grundy and the Sydney midfield

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, seventyfour said:

I hope he does get a game because we give Gawn a rest. 23 games is a long season for 30+ yo ruck to carry the burden.

I suspect the problem wont be if Max is injured it will the 

Fact that he remains the captain

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SthSea22 said:

He isn't a Ruckman or a Key Position type

"Tom is an experienced, competitive ruck, who we are excited to welcome to the club," Melbourne list boss Tim Lamb said.

"He is an outstanding character, and will provide depth and maturity in our ruck stocks, Tim Lamb.

Edited by greenwaves
  • Thanks 3

On 02/10/2024 at 21:05, Norm Smith's Curse said:

Id be ultra surprised if those bloke every plays an AFL game for us. Sorry but this is not exciting. 

Stop trying to ensure your horrible curse still has any powers. 

• Haha 3