Pert and Roffey - The Review Thread

Demons11

5 hours ago, Demonsone said:

Question is what exactly will the external revue from All Blacks Darren Shane reveal, how are external reviews structured, what is their purpose? Is it culture, operations, training, player & coaching behaviours, how deep is it & will their be fallout of personal changes?

A good question, to which we’ll never truly know the answers to if the findings are kept in-house (part of me thinks they should be, but if we want to be fully transparent……..)

5 hours ago, Demonsone said:

Question is what exactly will the external revue from All Blacks Darren Shane reveal, how are external reviews structured, what is their purpose? Is it culture, operations, training, player & coaching behaviours, how deep is it & will their be fallout of personal changes?

The scope would have been determined before the review began. I don't expect the full review itself will be revealed publicly. It's not really how these things are done. I would hope we get told the exact scope and a summary of the findings and actionables they come up with though.

On 28/09/2024 at 10:46, dazzledavey36 said:

Yeah nah.

Factually incorrect and a completely made up from your end.

There are reasons why she left, this wasn't one of them.

Had a lot to do with the timing

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Skuit said:

What if some of the way of your understanding of the club had been planted in the media? We had a bad year, sure. Amid our most successful in half a century. Would you be happy if the club you support was being torn apart by much bigger outside forces due to just money, and you were part of that because you were [censored] at Simon or whatever? 

Is it so hard to believe that the people running the club have not been that great at what they do? Easier to believe in a media driven conspiracy?

Peter Jackson and to a lesser extent Roos laid down the foundations for this club and after 5 years we've [censored] it up against the wall again. They've had a golden opportunity with the '21 flag to grow the club/cement out position and they've wasted it.

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They've had a golden opportunity with the '21 flag to grow the club/cement out position and they've wasted it.

Tough but a lot of truth in it.

In a couple of years I think most will realise we stuffed up what might have been

• Like 4

Would prefer a fully transparent external review. But we shall wait and see I guess?

The 2024 Annual General Meeting for the Melbourne Football Club should be interesting.

Gary Pert and Alan Richardson better be prepared for a lot of angry Melbourne members asking for full explanations as to why we have basically "sh*t the bed" since our AFL Premiership in 2021.

I kind of feel sorry for Brad Green, filling in as the interim President, but he shouldn't be blamed for the current situation we find ourselves in. Hopefully, we find a suitable replacement as President of the Melbourne Football Club for the long term.

52 minutes ago, Supreme_Demon said:

I kind of feel sorry for Brad Green, filling in as the interim President, but he shouldn't be blamed for the current situation we find ourselves in. Hopefully, we find a suitable replacement as President of the Melbourne Football Club for the long term.

Green joined the board in November 2020. 

Since then we've seen two presidents exit and questionable culture take hold of the club.

A portion of blame should absolutely be attributed to him.

Edited by Adam The God
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Demon Disciple said:

A good question, to which we’ll never truly know the answers to if the findings are kept in-house (part of me thinks they should be, but if we want to be fully transparent……..)

With the press and opposition clubs and supporters, you never give a sucker an even break, why expose our short comings to these dingoes to chew over?? Highlight our strengths by all means but never ever flag your weaknesses.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

With the press and opposition clubs and supporters, you never give a sucker an even break, why expose our short comings to these dingoes to chew over?? Highlight our strengths by all means but never ever flag your weaknesses.

Hence why I’m torn over keeping it in house or making it public.

• Like 1

I've been on Demonland 13/14 years - minus a number of bannings. 

Many of my posts have been schoolboy smut ( but quality schoolboy smut ).

A number of my posts have been blatant and intentional insults.

But ..... some of the [censored] on this thread makes me look like a rank amateur .

[censored] me ..... I'm reading and learning - I'll bounce back.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Clap 1

4 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I've been on Demonland 13/14 years - minus a number of bannings. 

Many of my posts have been schoolboy smut ( but quality schoolboy smut ).

A number of my posts have been blatant and intentional insults.

But ..... some of the [censored] on this thread makes me look like a rank amateur .

[censored] me ..... I'm reading and learning - I'll bounce back.

This is the Bitter and pessimistic thread.  Wrong thread for you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, I'va Worn Smith said:

Look at Tom Morris' record, since he was at the MFC as a junior journalist.

Maybe sour grapes, maybe the compelling need to be mercenary.  Either way, it was he who started the rapid descent of the snowball.

Why?

Blame everyone but ourselves, that'll work out well. Shooting the messenger etc

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 28/09/2024 at 08:24, Roost it far said:

I’ll happily admit I get paid to post. However as you all know when reading my posts it’s worth every dollar. 

I'm actually pretty proud to have paved the way for the professional era on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Blame everyone but ourselves, that'll work out well. Shooting the messenger etc

Ahhhh.  That old chestnut.

We used to have journos that checked their facts before 'reporting' messages, for which they checked the facts first, rather than rely on suspect 'leaks', social media and being clickbait junkies, all for the sake of ratings.

The likes of Morris are no more than mercenaries.

• Like 5

On 29/09/2024 at 00:55, Skuit said:

I said I would stand down. But that was kind of an invitation to someone else to also stand down before they got fully exposed. But they keep posting, maybe because it's profitable. 

Some questions:

Does anyone see some similarities between the board challenges at Richmond circa 2016 and the recent Hawthorn one and now ours? Very similar m/o and language. Maybe refined from back in the unorthodox Don Scott anti-merger days? 

Why would Peter spend an estimated $1 million on a campaign to become an unpaid board member from his own pocket? Rich people are rich for being sensible with their money. So just for the love of the club?

I won't use the word stooge. 

The crazy thing, Hawthorn had Dingley and now we have Caulfield when these challenges come up, and I think Richmond might have had $60 million in Punt Rd. redevelopment funds at the time of their challenge. 

It's just such a bizarre coincidence. 

Even more crazy, each of these clubs were undermined with a lot of dirt in the media beforehand. Poor Fagan. 

It would be an especially bizarre coincidence if one of our fans on here had a father who was connected to every one of those board challenges in recent years, in some cases openly. And was also involved in state politics.

I'm taking a snap-shot of this post. I don't think it breaches any Demonland rules, but may get deleted. If so pm me, or if my account is erased you can ask around for my email address. 

Would love a PM as this sounds like some deep cover conspiracy stuff 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, I'va Worn Smith said:

Ahhhh.  That old chestnut.

We used to have journos that checked their facts before 'reporting' messages, for which they checked the facts first, rather than rely on suspect 'leaks', social media and being clickbait junkies, all for the sake of ratings.

The likes of Morris are no more than mercenaries.

Nothing reported has proven to be incorrect, has it? Stop blaming the media and look at the people making decisions at the club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nothing reported has proven to be incorrect, has it? Stop blaming the media and look at the people making decisions at the club.

Neither has ANYTHING that has be reported PROVEN to be CORRECT.  All there has been is scandalous hyperbole.

Support your club, not the media hacks champ.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, FreedFromDesire said:

It seems the board review is already bringing about change with today's announcement via member email.

i didn't get an email? When was this?

• Thanks 1