Christian Petracca

1 hour ago, Norm Smith's Curse said:

Are you kidding? Literally NOTHING he claimed has been verified by Tracc, his manager or family members. 

People keep getting secondary sources whispers and what they want to believe is accurate with actual demonstrable facts. 

Of course they’re not going to verify that. Because it’s negative. What do you think they’d say if asked? 

“Nah, I’m sick of the club, the culture is trash and I want out”?

Dreaming. 

You have to go with what multiple people report and if there are similarities in the stories that different people tell, then the odds of that being true rise quite dramatically.

Morris’ account of the trac fiasco matched Goodwindees (and others)’ mail to an absolute tee. So based on the balance of probabilities, you can draw the conclusion that there is likely a reasonable degree of truth to it.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dees189227 said:

At what date did he do this camp last year?

Mid November.

Though to put that in context, we were playing finals. Equally, he may feel that it's better in terms of kickstarting  his recovery to get onto it sooner rather and later.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

This is an awful take.

Embarrassing being a Melbourne supporter reading this kind of tripe from you and other Melbourne nuffies on twitter having a cry because all he's done was report facts.

Do you have to constantly denigrate people by calling them nuffies.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Foopy on the telly said:

Of course they’re not going to verify that. Because it’s negative. What do you think they’d say if asked? 

Dreaming. 

You have to go with what multiple people report and if there are similarities in the stories that different people tell, then the odds of that being true rise quite dramatically.

Morris’ account of the trac fiasco matched Goodwindees (and others)’ mail to an absolute tee. So based on the balance of probabilities, you can draw the conclusion that there is likely a reasonable degree of truth to it.

The notion that the Petracca family and vested interests are infallibly correct in their perceptions of the club is a shallow reading of a complex set of circumstances. Christian is a very good footballer. I believe the club will continue to do its utmost to retain and develop our very good footballers. That’s what we all expect. Just for a moment, consider this possibility: Everything Christian has said, on the record, in club and media publications, is actually the truth! He is his own man, he does speak the truth does he not? 

• Clap 2
  • Vomit 1

19 hours ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

The media have stooped to new lows on this, and they're really [censored] me to tears.  How dare they take a positive story of him getting to the stage where he is able to train to full capacity, wants to go the extra mile to get himself mentally and physically in the best shape he can be for 2025 and speak positively on his role in the future direction of the club, and all those [censored] leeches want to go on about is how he's missing the Best and Fairest?  FFS, they're the absolute pits, the lowest form of humanity, the absolute scum that I dread to scrape off the bottom of the shower recess.  I truly hate them.  

If Trac went to the B&F, Cornes would have come out with “he should be overseas getting as fit as possible for next season”.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, waynewussell said:

The real problem with the MFC's culture is that we have a multitude of 'supporters' who hate the club, hate the club leaders, hate the coach and hate the fact that we aren't the club depicted in the media narrative!

We might call such 'supporters' detractors.

'I've been a detractor of this one great club since the 70s.

And i have been staunch in my criticism -  disco blue jumpers, the stupidity of sacking Stan Alves, falling for the messiah complex with Barrassi, Vinny Cottagio, Crosswell, Balme as coach, David Cordner, whites board Wednesday, soft Watts, of course Gerard healy quit the club, Gutnick,  Goodwin, - the list of our failings is endless!'

Edited by binman
  • Haha 4

I see what you've done there, @binman:

Alves;

Balme, Barassi;

Catoggio, Cordner, Crosswell;

Gerard, Goodwin, Gutnick;

Watts, Whiteboard, Wednesday.

Elegant as well as eloquent.

• Haha 3

We are forever the whipping boy of the Alf by the journos & other supporters! 
its not ideal that Trac isn’t at the b&f but I’m sure the timing is in line with his recovery process and I’d be surprised after what’s occurred that the club and players are across the reasons. He looked a lot healthier both physically & mentally compared to seeing him at the G on the last game.. Everyone needs to back off and will take strong support from the footy dept inc our president Green to support him as he has a long road back 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Really? How is it an awful take? Personally I think it’s an awful take to twist a positive of him being given the green light to train to his full capacity for the first time in months, him expressing in a heartfelt way how he’s looking forward to be the best he can be, how he wants to get his body and mind 100% to where he wants it to be for the start of preseason to give himself the best chance he has to have the best 2025 he can, and by doing the camp like he’s done for the last 3 years is his way to go that, what’s it matter if he’s missing a night in the grog to do that? Is it really a big deal if he misses the B&F? Is it such a bad thing to call out the unprofessional behaviour of a media hack with a long history of being a slimeball? 

So just remind me once again why this tweet is deemed as a negative take on your behalf, to the point that you felt you needed to publicly call him out?? What exactly are you and the rest of the sensitive Melbourne supporters calling him out on? Facts??

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Foopy on the telly said:

Dreaming. 

The 'tracc fiasco'?

Honestly, I've never seen so many people sucked into one persons (ie tracc) desired narrative so unquestionably (outside of America or course).

What exactly is the tracc fiasco?

Tracc fed Morris' his laundry list of complaints, which, combined with inferences people have made from the 'reporting'  can be boiled down to, what:

- Tracc unhappy with how the club dealt with him post injury 

- Tracc unhappy the club not more successful 

- Tracc unhappy being at a club with fewer supporters than the 'big' clubs

- Tracc unhappy with the 'culture' at the club (with the inference widely accepted that translates to a party culture)

- Tracc unhappy with how clarry was 'handled", before and after his dramas

- Tracc unhappy with the 'professionalism' of teamates

Have I missed something?

Notice the common theme - 'tracc unhappy'.

Let's accept that that is how tracc genuinely feels. 

And let's accept that tracc clearly had an agenda in feeding Morris 

That's not the same as those issues being real.

But of course, it doesn't mean they aren't either - to some degree or other.

I can't stand Morris, but don't blame him writing a hit piece based on info tracc fed to him.

He is merely feeding an insatiable demand for gossip, and seemingly for information that confirms many dees 'supporters' henny penny complaints.

Morris is not a journalist, so has no interest in balance.

But it would be great if people did some critical thinking, and rather than just drinking the tracc aid, balanced the 'feelings' of a disgruntled player with some cold, hard undisputed facts (ie not 'joining the dots', conjecture, feelings, opinions or vibes):

-  tracc didn't leave (and I have little doubt absolutely could have if he was prepared to go to any club - which if the culture was so bad he surely would have been)

- unlike say the tigers, who are bleeding players, only one of our best 22 is leaving the club, for family reasons (unlike, say, noble who just wants out of the pies full stop)

- off the top of my head at least 10 players have recommited to the club in the last THREE MONTHS

- this included two first year, first round draft picks, in kolt and windsor, who had no need to do so for another two years

- our president has stepped down

• Like 6

1 hour ago, binman said:

We might call such 'supporters' detractors.

'I've been a detractor of this one great club since the 70s.

And i have been staunch in my criticism -  disco blue jumpers, the stupidity of sacking Stan Alves, falling for the messiah complex with Barrassi, Vinny Cottagio, Crosswell, Balme as coach, David Cordner, whites board Wednesday, soft Watts, of course Gerard healy quit the club, Gutnick,  Goodwin, - the list of our failings is endless!'

hanrahan's

"we'll all be rooned!"

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Really? How is it an awful take? Personally I think it’s an awful take to twist a positive of him being given the green light to train to his full capacity for the first time in months, him expressing in a heartfelt way how he’s looking forward to be the best he can be, how he wants to get his body and mind 100% to where he wants it to be for the start of preseason to give himself the best chance he has to have the best 2025 he can, and by doing the camp like he’s done for the last 3 years is his way to go that, what’s it matter if he’s missing a night in the grog to do that? Is it really a big deal if he misses the B&F? Is it such a bad thing to call out the unprofessional behaviour of a media hack with a long history of being a slimeball? 

It's an awful take because you completely misrepresented what was actually said.

There was no "unprofessional behaviour" in this case.

Best to be fair and accurate whilst accusing others of not being so.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, binman said:

- unlike say the tigers, who are bleeding players, only one of our best 22 is leaving the club, for family reasons (unlike, say, noble who just wants out of the pies full stop)

I'm not necessarily in agreement or disagreement with your post but the quoted part isn't valid to the conversation.

Tigers are in a hard rebuild. Trading those players out is a blessing and nobody is reporting that they are leaving because they are saying the culture is terrible.

Noble is a non event. Bottom six player going to another club. That happens every year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BW511 said:

Glass half full - Christian is going to be working his butt of this pre-season to return to full fitness.

Glass half empty - he’s doing it to seduce his 2026 team which won’t be us

His new team being seduced better bring a new bottle of wine to dinner if the glass is half empty. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FreedFromDesire said:

It's an awful take because you completely misrepresented what was actually said.

Gatekeeping is absolutely unprofessional behaviour.  Perhaps you should read up on agenda setting function theory, there were key elements of the story that he chose to leave out.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

23 minutes ago, FreedFromDesire said:

Here, let me help you out.  I'm sure my VCE Media students could explain it to you. 

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, BAMF said:

I'm not necessarily in agreement or disagreement with your post but the quoted part isn't valid to the conversation.

Tigers are in a hard rebuild. Trading those players out is a blessing and nobody is reporting that they are leaving because they are saying the culture is terrible.

Noble is a non event. Bottom six player going to another club. That happens every year.

I didn't say the tigers were bleeding players due the culture reasons, or any reason. Ditto noble leaving the pies.

I just stated a fact - not my opinion.

And the relevant fact is we have one best 22 player advising the club he wants to leave, whereas, say the tigers have multiple such players (and by the by, there is very little upside for a club in a rebuild losing three of their best 5 players in rioli, Bolton and Baker, all at the peak part of their career. It would have been the equivalent of gawn, tracc and Oliver walking out on the dees in 2017).

It's relevant because it speaks to stability and contradicts the narrative of a club in crisis.

The only facts in Morris’s initial reporting was trac was unhappy.

And even they is open to be questioned because Morris was 'backgrounded' by tracc rather than him having the courage of his convictions and publicly standing behind his concerns, for example with a proper interview.

Edited by binman
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Gatekeeping is absolutely unprofessional behaviour.  Perhaps you should read up on agenda setting function theory, there were key elements of the story that he chose to leave out.

This is simply more mistruth and misleading commentary.

You said: "Last night that Morris scumbag posted a tweet along the lines of "Petracca will not be at the B&F"

This is a misrepresentation of what was actually said.

Morris actually said: "Christian Petracca won’t be at the @melbournefc best and fairest. He’s going to a Red Bull training camp in Austria instead. The club is fully supportive of this."

There is no gatekeeping there. He has reported all the relevant facts. There were no "key elements" left out, and the simplicity of the reporting indicates no intended agenda.

You then said: "And when several Melbourne supporters pulled him up on the video the club put out as to why, and stating he should be posting on the positive, he doubled down on his dickheadedness, putting in laughin emojis etc."

This is on another level to misrepresentation, it's a complete mistruth.

A Twitter User Posted: (Paraphrasing): "He’s been doing it for the last 3 years after the B&F with Trav Boak. He will be at the B&F"

Morris replied: "No he won't (laughing emoji)"

I put that entire exchange as direct links to the source in my initial reply to you, so it's all there as factually correct data.

I actually understand the want to be a feisty supporter base, support our players, even react angrily to the media, but completely making things up, and also the "I truly hate him" comment, do not do your purposes any favours at all.

That you the post complete mistruths and personal attacks and then accuse others of "gatekeeping" and "agenda setting function theory" is completely baffling.

Let's be a feisty supporter base by all means, but let's not be dishonest.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, binman said:

I didn't say the tigers were bleeding players due the culture reasons, or any reason. Ditto noble leaving the pies.

I just stated a fact - not my opinion.

And the relevant fact is we have one best 22 player advising the club he wants to leave, whereas, say the tigers have multiple such players (and by the by, there is very little upside for a club in a rebuild losing three of their best 5 players in rioli, Bolton and Baker, all at the peak part of their career. It would have been the equivalent of gawn, tracc and Oliver walking out on the dees in 2017).

It's relevant because it speaks to stability and contradicts the narrative of a club in crisis.

The only facts in Morris’s initial reporting was trac was unhappy.

And even they is open to be questioned because Morris was 'backgrounded' by tracc rather than him having the courage of his convictions and publicly standing behind his concerns, for example with a proper interview.

I disagree with minor things, but not worth further debate.

I always appreciate your detailed replies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, BAMF said:

if noble was a non-event then there's no way that he'd be getting a 4-5 year deal at gc17 and the filth would be demanding pick 12 for him as an opening gambit

speedy half-backs who can hit targets = the new inside bulls; every team wants two of em

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BAMF said:

I disagree with minor things, but not worth further debate.

I always appreciate your detailed replies.

Ta.

Admittedly, 'bleeding players' was perhaps a bit Tom Morris.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, binman said:

The 'tracc fiasco'?

Honestly, I've never seen so many people sucked into one persons (ie tracc) desired narrative so unquestionably (outside of America or course).

What exactly is the tracc fiasco?

Tracc fed Morris' his laundry list of complaints, which, combined with inferences people have made from the 'reporting'  can be boiled down to, what:

- …

And let's accept that tracc clearly had an agenda in feeding Morris 

That's not the same as those issues being real.

But of course, it doesn't mean they aren't either - to some degree or other.

I can't stand Morris, but don't blame him writing a hit piece based on info tracc fed to him.

Do you have any evidence Tracc fed the story to Morris.  The only public statement Morris made about sources was that the “Brand Petracca” source was fed to him by people at Melbourne and not Tracc.