Christian Petracca

6 hours ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

I'm keen to get people's thoughts, if Trac was keen for a move to Brisbane and they were keen on him (very possible if they don't win a flag again) would posters take Rayner and Bailey for Trac?

I can honestly see a world where we could sway them both to come home with longer contracts and bigger salaries. Plus we could probably offer both more midfield minutes.

Zac Bailey?

Pretty sure he’s from NT. 

Anyway, it would be like them selling the farm. 
The whole trade will only work if whichever team is prepared to give us one of the best players in the league OR a young potentially great player WITH a first round pick.

The other side is that they will only be able to afford the $1.2M-$1.7M pa IF they let a similar amount walk. It’s not small change.

Quite happy if he wants to go to the wobbles or blues for a younger potentially great player AND a first round pick.
Half of the best players in each of these sides will be retired in the next 2 years.

Wobbles do not have an equivalent player that’s not a Daicos…or a pensioner.
Blues have Curnow/Weitering/Walsh.

McCreery/Allan or TDK would need to come with a +R1pick as they are not on the same level and may never be. 

1 hour ago, John Demonic said:

I don't think anything new is being said, just some food for thought from a very good afl writer in Jonathan Horn that probably has no vested interest.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/article/2024/aug/28/from-the-pocket-melbourne-must-leave-buzz-words-and-fan-favourite-behind-to-rise-again

Thanks for the tip-off @John Demonic. Best short summary of the whole situation I've read.

4 minutes ago, Demon Jack said:

FWIW, Petracca apparently made an appearance at Cody Weightman's art gallery opening in Fitzroy tonight doing some cooking demonstrations.

CONFIRMED: Bont coming to the Dees

• Like 2
  • Haha 12
  • Clap 1

Honestly,with this latest article and the Pickett story, Pert needs to a call an all of club meeting and tell everyone to stop talking to the press. This leaking of information is just ridiculous. 

• Like 3
  • Clap 6

1 minute ago, manny100 said:

It may be some players think our window is closed and want out. Same thing happenning at the Tigers

Player contacts need to give clubs more rights to protect against selfish so and so's.

Yep, the Trac stuff happens and you've got guys like Pickett who may wanted to go home later down the track now escalate things - no time like the present

10 minutes ago, Demon Jack said:

FWIW, Petracca apparently made an appearance at Cody Weightman's art gallery opening in Fitzroy tonight doing some cooking demonstrations.

That's not a paragraph you would have read on demonland 10 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 18

1 hour ago, bazza226 said:

There should be an AFL investigation as to why Trac was sent back on field with life threatening injuries!

A paramedic with no more than a stethoscope wouldn’t have allowed him on field. I can’t blame Trac or his family to be p*shed off with club.

If we don’t have full club independent review we will just go down to bottom of the ladder.

i have watched the Club for too long not to have my say.

there was, extensive too.  have you been hibernating?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Disco InTurno said:

So I’m originally from the states (I know, I’m sorry, it wasn’t my choice) and I’ve spent a lot of time watching diva players in sport (NBA in particular), but usually they have some level of leverage and/or only request a trade when they know other teams have the assets and interest to trade for them. 

The thing that gets me about this is I literally cannot see how Trac believes he has any leverage or other club interest at all. As many others have said here, when you combine the massive salary, the likely repercussions physically from the injury, the mental toll he’s discussed, the age, the toxic diva behaviour, and the assets required to get him, burning bridges—no matter how troubled the club is—seems shockingly ill advised. 

This is all just so bizarre and I feel like it’s inevitable that I catch your collective MFCSS after only a few years of membership… 😢

The tragic thing about MFCSS is that there is no cure.

It is like herpes - the symptoms can retreat but it's always lurking in tge system waiting to flare up.

If you are currently dealing with it, I recommend not consuming any football media.

And only read this thread on demonland - it's been years since I've read a thread with so many people agreeing with each other!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, John Crow Batty said:

Posters have been kind of used in the past that what is said on Demonland stays on Demonland. It’s a hot topic and we are being watched from the outside.

I think it’s Google or maybe Elon???

23 minutes ago, Demon Jack said:

200.gif?cid=bdfa2d1fza1lrysey078eo210kca

• Haha 8

23 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Honestly,with this latest article and the Pickett story, Pert needs to a call an all of club meeting and tell everyone to stop talking to the press. This leaking of information is just ridiculous. 

Wouldn't matter. The media will just run some BS story anyway

• Like 1
  • Clap 2

3 hours ago, daisycutter said:

it begins with e and end with o

hint: 3 letter word

What does former name of Tokyo have to with tracc?

Is he branching out to Japanese food?

I guess it's healthy, so a good fit with his brand.

3 hours ago, old55 said:

I think Petracca will end up at Essendon for some combination of pick 8 and two of F1st, Wright, Hobbs, Cox or similar.

The Bombers are a distinct possibility as you'd reckon they'd have the cap space too 

Originally I thought a deal was near impossible but these days, players end up at a preferred destination.  So some sort of deal will be arrived at

And then there's always the grievance tribunal lurking in the background

55 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

So apparently trac is due to be at a father's day event on Sunday at the ringwood rsl. 

You can ask questions. Everyone should just but a ticket & bombard him with questions.  

Or roll up with a crate of rotten tomatoes 

Saturday Morning Cartoons Dnd GIF by Dungeons & Dragons

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Winners at last said:

So much talk about club culture ...

Well, here's Culture Club!

Culture Club Were So Wimpy ...Where to buy Culture Club tickets this ...

Isn't it odd that no one talks about Hawthorn's club culture anymore... even though that nasty issue beginning with R hasn't been resolved fully. Oh yeah, that's right, they're in the finals and are currently everyone's (read AFL & Media) darling!

• Like 2
  • Vomit 1

46 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Agreed. But how will we know it's occurred if the leaking stops? 

Since the smut and innuendo has been removed from Demonland Brand Biffen has taken a serious hit but I never complained about it. Ijust got on with the job of being my usual obnoxious self and found different way to insult and demean inferior opinions for the good of the site. I hope you all appreciate my sacrifice.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8
  • Clap 1

Moved into the ‘Full ( and immediate) Review’ camp.

The board has overseen all of this without significant response.

Let’s act like adults and get ahead of the situation and address it.

Christian has brought it to a head for sure but an independent review can give us the real picture maybe.

• Like 2