Christian Petracca

7 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Wonder if Adam Cerra will come back into trade calculations. 

I think he is one Carlton would definitely throw up.

It would also take Carltons 1st this year and future 1st.... plus we may advise Carlton this year's first needs to be in the top 6-8 so they may have to work a way to do that.

• Like 1

It seems to me people at the club are also feeding the media. eg

• That it was uncomfortable having Petracca at the club function last Sat night.
  • Players are angry at Petracca and want him out ...
  • Petracca asked to be traded at the exit interview.  I assume the only the attendees were Petracca, Goodwin and maybe Richardson. 

That to me doesn't look like a club that wants to mend a relationship. 

Both parties are trying to discredit each other.  Both parties are damaging the club.  Its getting ugly and will become a very messy divorce.

The sooner they both stop feeding the media the better.

imv its time to bring in a neutral mediator and get the differences on the table and talk them out.  I don't have confidence that anyone at the club knows how to do such mediating. 

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 7
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, deegirl said:

Looking at the average AFL career he’s lucky he is to have won ONE premiership. 

Nathan Jones is one example, he gave everything to the club and played the 2018 finals series but missed the premiership that he helped build.

It’s very disappointing that the reported reasons for Trac wanting to leave are mostly selfish.  I had thought better of him. It’s not good to see that all the talk about loving the club only lasted as long as everything was going his way. 

I empathise with his frustration at Melbourne's lack of success since winning the flag.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Colm said:

The reason leaked by Tracs team is that he wants out for a number of reasons- mainly to play for bigger club and builds his brand.

But this is well past just Morris and McLure. 
The age have said the verified it with 3 sources. Lloyd said he has spoken to current players about it.

We have numerous posters with runs on the board saying they have heard it from good sources.  

This is a bit of smoke anymore it’s a proper fire. 
If you want to bury your head in the sand go for it. Gary Lyon said a few weeks ago that until he heard it from Christians mouth he wouldn’t believe it, your entitled to take the same position. 

its not burying head in sand at all, but its more so just rumor mongering thats all. Im all for hearing from Christian first before I make the assertation. The longer it goes on the worse it is for him

• Like 1

Just now, loges said:

In answer to your question. how many platers have extended their contracts this year. plenty seem happy.

From what we can see, that's right. There are likely issues at the club no doubt but the way the story is panning out, it's starting to say more about the player. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I empathise with his frustration at Melbourne's lack of success since winning the flag.

Yeah we all do, but unlike him we are here to stay 🔴🔵

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Lucifers Hero said:

It seems to me the club is also feeding the media. eg

• That it was uncomfortable having Petracca at the club function last Sat night.
  • Who leaked StK pre draft psych test?  Unethical for the Saints to do it.  Petracca wouldn't have access.  Who at the Dees was at the Saints at the time and has the test details? 
  • Petracca asked to be traded at the exit interview.  I assume the only the attendees were Petracca, Goodwin and maybe Richardson. 

Both parties are trying to discredit each other.  Both parties are damaging the club.  Its getting ugly and will become a very messy divorce.

imv its time to bring in a neutral mediator and get the differences on the table and talk them out.  I don't have confidence that anyone at the club knows how to do such mediating. 

That article was written years ago and brought up by someone on X. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, binman said:

Maybe. Maybe not.

The result is the same.

On conners, if he is not responsible for the strategic backgrounding of morris why has he let this play out like it has?

Why hasn't he backgrounded another journo to at least tamp down the noise 'till after the GF?

I mean, he's tracc's manager after all. And if demonland is any guide, tracc's stocks are falling in terms of his reputation.

That's to say, whilst the initial reporting was favourable towards him (ultra pro unhappy with the 'direction' of a club the media loves to hammer), it's swinging the other way - for example the suggestion his teammates are jack of him.

If I was conners I'd be concerned the idea of tracc as an entitled, prima donna taking hold - Australians are allergic to that idea of stars elevating themselves above their team.

And leaving aside the response by fans, if that perception takes hold amongst players at say the pies or blues how keen will they be about a diva coming to their club (probably instantly the highest paid), with all the attendant palaver.

And how will the big stars at either club feel about having to share the spotlight with tracc? 

On my last point, some blues players might already be annoyed with tracc.

Case in point, Harry McKay.

Bloke has just signed on 'till 2030 and is about to play an elimination final.

And out of the blue, the talk (solely based on speculation by mclure) is he is trade bait and his manager has to come out and shut down talk of his club trading him.

Not a great way to build enduring bonds with prospective teammates.

Edited by binman
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Just now, binman said:

On my last point, some blues players might already be annoyed with tracc.

Case in point, Harry McKay.

Bloke has just signed on 'till 2030 and is about to play an elimination final.

And out of the blue, the talk (solely based on speculation by mclure) is trade bait and his manager has to come out and shut down talk of his club trading him.

Not a great way to build enduring bonds with prospective teammates.

i spose he wouldnt be playing with Harry McKay if they were both traded :)

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Thank you. stand corrected.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 2

This is what happens when the I only turn up to games when were winning crew dont turn up to games. And we wonder why this club hasnt had sustained success for decades.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Probably gonna hear a lot of these things now, like a presidential candidate there will be some muckraking. 

• Like 3

Challenging times.  Clarry's decline, the loss of Brayshaw and Nibbler and the possible loss of Trac closes any residual premiership window.

The talk of Trac wanting to debvelop his "brand" could be an inaccurate  smokescreen to indict Trac. Clearly Trac's recent injury trauma has probably sharpened his career focus and life priorities to try and facilitate change now.  Sometimes there is no tomorrow.

It has been suggested that Trac attempted to outline his views to the players and club has sought a change of coaching leadership from our tired, failing defensive game plan to something more offensive, ah lah the Pies last year.  If this is the case, he is showing strong leadership.

Some are suggesting he believes he is greater than the club.  Many readers will know how much courage it takes to stand alone against "the system".

I am a Goody fan. A genuine person who's greatest strength is developing player relationships. However, his tactics and game plan have not evolved.

Good coaches are important. Brilliant players (especially midfield) are CRITICAL!

Is it time for Kate to show strong leadership and decide?

Let Goody go or lose Trac.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kent said:

I seriosly doubt Oliver can regain his form. Is Petracca the only one [censored] off at the club? What are the coaching staff doing ? It is a PR disaster. The Nothing to see here crowd are very quiet this morning

How many players have extended contracts this year plenty seem happy

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, layzie said:

Probably gonna hear a lot of these things now, like a presidential candidate there will be some muckraking. 

I'm not on X, it is an absolute cesspool. Tbh I'm not really on any social media that much, it is one of the biggest factors in the downfall of society in my mind.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

43 minutes ago, binman said:

My tip.

This will all blow over and there will be a big redemption, reconciliation patch up job by tracc's team.

Why?

Well, whilst i don't doubt tracc wants our, it appears he's wedged himself.

(I say appeared because whilst there's obviously been some strategic backgrounding to journos, the only info we've got thus far is from peanuts like Morris and McClure - note this a classic move of politcians and player managers alike as it gets the desired message out, sets the narrative but also provides a get out, we never said such stuff, option).

By wedged i mean the suggestion is he wants out, but only to a 'big Victorian club' in the Premiership window.

Realistically that is the pies, blues and a very long stretch the bombers (noting their home ground is marvel).

To get to one of those clubs a mighty good deal would need to be done - one that satisfies us.

What leverage does tracc have?

Well, some might argue his leverage is the dees having a player on the list who wants to be elsewhere and who might be bad for the vibe at the club

Big f deal for one thing. 

But that's basically a threat - one we have clearly signalled (goody's post match presser being the best example) we are not going to be bowed by.

A key point is if things are so bad, and he really, really wants out then suck it up and go to the Tigers, or West coast, or the suns. Or wherever.

Or not, and honour his contract.

Plausible deniability. Could work. The press conference where he clears the air will be box office. Not sure how he walks back some of this stuff but that’s what PR consultants are for.

He has expressly stated Goody is not part of the problem. I’m sure he will be by his side for the public reconciliation. He will have to shield Trac from the public while he is being re-integrated back into the fold and help mend fences with his teammates. Goody is critical to all this

We’re going to have 6 weeks of de-stabilisation ahead of which trac will be totally to blame. It is still a distinct possibility he burns his bridges to such an extent there is no way back.

No matter what way you look at this it is a big mess, and the outcome is still very much up in the air.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

• Who leaked StK pre draft psych test?  Unethical for the Saints to do it.  Petracca wouldn't have access.  Who at the Dees was at the Saints at the time and has the test details?  Who ever leaked the results it is totally reprehensible and betrayal.  It is confidential medical information.

Club may be leaking but I’m not sure it’s an offical move. More just people that were in attendance at the function on Saturday night. 
Season is over now and players that are unhappy with Trac might be more willing to confirm the story with the likes of Lloyd and the stuff coming out of the exit interview could easily be Trac as he tries to force through the move. 

16 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

• Who leaked StK pre draft psych test?  Unethical for the Saints to do it.  Petracca wouldn't have access.  Who at the Dees was at the Saints at the time and has the test details? 

Not so sure on that. All the things coming out are hurting the club in one way or another so I would very much doubt they're doing any leaking. On the above:

- Would have been a large amount of people at the club function. Would be fairly easy to get a quote.
- The psych test article was from back in 2020. It's just resurfaced now in light of what's happening.
- The players want him out one had a little bit of mayo on it: Lloyd said he spoke to a couple of players and thought it was 'probably' best that Christian left.
- Christian would have been in the exit interview, and it does seem most of the leaking is coming from somewhere around him. It would be another way for him to add pressure to his trade request.

I don't believe anything is coming from the club. Even the fiasco about the Friday night interview has come to light and shown Christian being the one creating the mess.

I think the messaging from the club has been pretty consistent  - 'We're not trading you. You're contracted'. I don't think they would then leak things to damage the relationship further.

Managers play a big part in negotiating trade deals, and they don't seem to have a lot of options here, so I imagine it's been extremely difficult for them to put in an official trade request when they don't have many viable options to provide the club with. I may have been cheeky earlier when referencing it, but I believe Gold Coast is not completely out of the question here, although I think the vast likelihood is Christian is held to contract at this stage.

Edited by FreedFromDesire
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

I'm not on X, it is an absolute cesspool. Tbh I'm not really on any social media that much, it is one of the biggest factors in the downfall of society in my mind.

some of the hypothetical trades I've seen floated on X are sensational though.

Think one had North's 2nd and future 2nd getting it done based off his age and injury.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Well, what do you think?

Someone is clearly leaking stuff to the media. It's either him or the club.

Who benefits more from this noise? Ask yourself that question, you'll find the answer.

Someone close to him

• Like 1