Oliver Trade Rumours

Oxdee

16 hours ago, Mad_Melbourne said:

Source - My wife’s boyfriend - said that OLIVER will either stay at Melbourne or he won’t. 

to be fair, I think from a Melbourne position we hold him for 12 more months. The main reasons for this are:

Teams don’t get better losing A grade talent. 

I don’t think Geelong will give us what we believe he is worth - trade wise.

We definitely do not need to clear up our books, so his contract is not detrimental to us signing players or retaining players. 

I think that he will return to form with a pre season leading to an increase in form and therefore increase in trade value. If in 12 months he wants to leave then we can shop him around and put him on the market as opposed to just Geelong. if he does not return to form - his value will be what is being offered to us by Geelong anyway. 

I think that there is no real net gain for us to send off OLIVER unless we are able to get 2 x first rounders or something similar in value.
Also if we trade OLIVER we basically go into full rebuild mode. which I’m not sure will be fun 

What a bunch of scum bags, the satellite rural team and them and their bloody posh bumpkins are.

That should get a bite.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, DubDee said:

And we have a new member to the ignore team!

Welcome bowser, enjoy your stay

if everyone else could not reply to him that would be super

I can't help myself

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Why because you simply don't agree with his opinion?? 

Put him on ignore then. Not for you to tell everyone else what they should and shouldn't do.

You just didDD36

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Young Angus said:

Surely there is no way we trade him regardless of what he may want after our FD and president kept saying there’s no way it happens. Club must be able to have the final say. 

Everyone has a price… but yes it’s unlikely he moves because no one wants him as much as we need to recoup from him.

• Like 4

Personally I'd love to see Oliver stay and get back to his best footy with us. This said I also back in our Footy Department to facilitate a trade that gets us back to our best footy and improves the balance of our list over the medium to longer term. Paul Roos always said that every player is tradable and I think the current situation re Oliver is in line with this philosophy. I think us supporters would love a redemption story but also should accept, and back in our Footy Department to make a decision re whether a fresh start might be best for both Oliver and our team.

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, chookrat said:

Personally I'd love to see Oliver stay and get back to his best footy with us. This said I also back in our Footy Department to facilitate a trade that gets us back to our best footy and improves the balance of our list over the medium to longer term. Paul Roos always said that every player is tradable and I think the current situation re Oliver is in line with this philosophy. I think us supporters would love a redemption story but also should accept, and back in our Footy Department to make a decision re whether a fresh start might be best for both Oliver and our team.

It’s wild. 

136 pages in, yet this post would be be perfectly at home on top of page one. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, greenwaves said:

It's getting too late in the trade period for this deal to get done.  He'll be a Melbourne player for at least another twelve months.

imagine how long the tread will be by then! we might have the future record holder on our hands 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, greenwaves said:

It's getting too late in the trade period for this deal to get done.  He'll be a Melbourne player for at least another twelve months.

3 days is still loads of time for anything to happen. 
This Clusterf$&@ should have been sorted out 12 months ago 

That is the lesson to learn 

1 minute ago, Melonmonster said:

No idea wtf the trade whisperer is but 🙌71DE61EA-E213-4F9F-89EE-29566BB769BA.thumb.png.194afd51388f9cd45f7b9cbcdc9015b6.png

It's Tony Sheahan's burner account and he is absolutely full of [censored]. Don't believe a word he says

• Like 3

But it is what we all want to hear!

The club and manager smoke the peace pipe and the leaking stops. 

I am amazed but not surprised how much conjecture and rumour are treated as fact. Why are we all so impatient when there is a deadline soon when we will all know the outcome? I don't like the way the media shake the tree and try to be predictors of the future. I cancelled my HS subscription years ago because of the opinion pieces rather than researched facts, and I am trending the same way sick of McClure and his fortunetelling.

I spoke with Clayton at the BF, and we didn't discuss any of this trade stuff. I asked about his hand as the last time we spoke at a club function, he was fresh from an op, and his hand was so swollen. The good news is that he can now shake his right hand; it is still swollen, and he had a very long metal plate in there all season. I am amazed he could play! The club prefers he plays as he doesn't cope well without the structure and training. Listen to Gus and how much he has struggled when he no longer had his ordered highly planned football career and loss of his sense of purpose.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Young Angus said:

Surely there is no way we trade him regardless of what he may want after our FD and president kept saying there’s no way it happens. Club must be able to have the final say. 

The only reason Oliver hasn’t been traded is because he doesn’t have any takers willing to satisfy Melbourne’s conditions. 

If a club were willing to pay 75% of his salary and hand over pick 15 then Melbourne would have offloaded him. 

As it stands today Oliver is worth $750k per year for 2 years and pick 15-20. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Oxdee said:

The only reason Oliver hasn’t been traded is because he doesn’t have any takers willing to satisfy Melbourne’s conditions. 

If a club were willing to pay 75% of his salary and hand over pick 15 then Melbourne would have offloaded him. 

Is this something you KNOW or is it just your opinion?  I know which one I think it is. But perhaps it is from a source inside the club, such as a paid up member, or a cleaner at the G, or perhaps the bootstudder's assistant?

(Thinking of which, I have thought for a long time that we need a new bootstudder. I am sick of watching our players slip over in the wet)

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Oxdee said:

As it stands today Oliver is worth $750k per year for 2 years and pick 15-20. 

Geelong pretty much offered that by all reports or at least something along those lines so I think it's a bit unders. I reckon he's worth $900,000 and a top 10 pick. That's a deal the I think the club may of been able to stomach.

35 minutes ago, Melonmonster said:

No idea wtf the trade whisperer is but 🙌71DE61EA-E213-4F9F-89EE-29566BB769BA.thumb.png.194afd51388f9cd45f7b9cbcdc9015b6.png

What a load of BS, the Media Personalities are Back Peddling to limit the scrutiny that is coming their way.

28 minutes ago, Ollie fan said:

Is this something you KNOW or is it just your opinion?  I know which one I think it is. But perhaps it is from a source inside the club, such as a paid up member, or a cleaner at the G, or perhaps the bootstudder's assistant?

(Thinking of which, I have thought for a long time that we need a new bootstudder. I am sick of watching our players slip over in the wet)

I’ve been following football long enough to be able to read between the lines. You can pretend all you like that this isn’t the case but you would be either naive or deluded 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1