Oliver Trade Rumours

Oxdee

the role (or non-role) of clarry's management team seems to be escaping any scrutiny given clarry's "special needs".

have they at all times been interested in clarry's mental health issues or just treated him as profitable commodity?

• Like 1

As a couple of posters have implied, Im now moving from "what will we get", into hoping Clarry will be ok. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

So are they on the same page? This suggests they aren’t.

tommy boy setting things up for his next big expose.  he'll be gunning for pert ... i won't mind, but

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

from what i've heard, i don't think that is quite a true picture

If half the stories are true its almost laughable. 

Big Maxie:

'I can share my opinion – which I’m not going to share now – and in fact, I’m getting a little bit annoyed about how many of our opinions are getting out, so that is quite concerning and something we will need to address.'

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

If this comes through, Pert is a genius! Through his crafty manipulation of the variables, we keep a more contrite, four-time B&F, Clayton learns that the Football Dept backed him in, by refusing to sell the farm for $1 we [censored] Geelong off, we satisfy the Petracca family demands, we take immediate action on an internal review concern, and, umm... did I mention we [censored] Geelong off!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, waynewussell said:

If this comes through, Pert is a genius! Through his crafty manipulation of the variables, we keep a more contrite, four-time B&F, Clayton learns that the Football Dept backed him in, by refusing to sell the farm for $1 we [censored] Geelong off, we satisfy the Petracca family demands, we take immediate action on an internal review concern, and, umm... did I mention we [censored] Geelong off!

And lost any appeal to free agents and trade prospects in the process. Genius.

• Like 8
  • Clap 2

5 minutes ago, waynewussell said:

You say some bizarre things but sure this is a genuine pisstake right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, waynewussell said:

We need you on the PR team because this is one helluva spin on this bin fire  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

These reporters better hope that they have dotted their i’s and crossed their t’s if Pert can prove he never did this, defamation lawsuits incoming, especially if Pert’s job is effected, or he’s moved on.

If he did do it then I’d say Perts in huge trouble. 

But let’s just hypothesise:

Geelong have wanted Oliver for two seasons. They saw MFC was weak with the departure of a president, the Petracca saga, a review and CEO Pert unpopular. So they have a conversation with Pert about Oliver then they start a story that Pert is shopping Oliver around through media allies. They then meet with Clayton and his management and try to get Clayton to say he wants to go to them to force MFC to take a low ball trade for him all the while having the footy media push SUPER hard for MFC to do it. 

Not entirely implausible. Geelong senior management are hardly squeaky clean, ask Bomber Thompson.

• Like 2

Why the longterm deal?

All it has done is reinforced the alledged behavioural issues

and alienated everyone else!

We cannot extricate ourselves from this deal

Thank god football clubs have more resources than

the general population. They will need to jettison all of those 

responsible for enabling the unacceptable behaviours.

Its becoming like the americans who divorce their parents FFS!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swooper1987 said:

Heard the same, from a very well known and highly regarded former player who left the club following the 2021 flag. Gawn and Petracca are very much in alignment over the way the Oliver "issues" have been allowed to fester over a period of time. 

Off the top of my head, could only really be Jones Vanders or Nev…

4 hours ago, Swooper1987 said:

Heard the same, from a very well known and highly regarded former player who left the club following the 2021 flag. Gawn and Petracca are very much in alignment over the way the Oliver "issues" have been allowed to fester over a period of time. 

Off the top of my head, could only really be Jones Vanders or Nev…

36 minutes ago, JJJ said:

And lost any appeal to free agents and trade prospects in the process. Genius.

There are literally 2-3 free agents this that have any worth… we haven missed much 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

So are they on the same page? This suggests they aren’t.

Far be it for me to make excuses for Pert, but in the interests of plausible deniability and later fence mending if required, I think this line being drawn is a necessity whether true or not.

• Thinking 1

Clarry to Saints for Pick 8 + swap of F1's? 

2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

But at no stage was he fit enough to play at the elite level, so he is actually letting the team down, and Clarry must take some responsibility for that, as do the MFC. it was ludicrous to play him in the front half of the ‘24 Season 

True

I mean, the depth at Casey was just smashing the door down after all

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Saints now have picks 7 and 8.

Would the Saints come for Oliver knowing that either those picks would get the deal done?

Saints and Bombers have a history of buying damaged goods so it's a distinct possibility.