2 hours ago, Axis of Bob said:

Yep. The Gold Coast and Brisbane picks will be available but they'll each want very different things in exchange for them. Gold Coast will want future picks and Brisbane will want 2024 points. Luckily we have both. 

If we get 25 for ANB then we'll have pick 5 plus 1976 additional draft points. Brisbane currently have 1281 points in total and would need 2014 points to cover a pick 2 bid on Ashcroft. So they will have to get about 750 points from somewhere (about pick 25 worth) for this draft. 

A deal like 25+38+45+50+61 +F2 for 17+F1 would probably work out for both parties. We'd end up with a top 20 pick this year, plus slide up a round next year, and Brisbane would have enough draft points to cover Ashcroft whilst not destroying their draft hand next year. If that doesn't work then we could keep 25 and just trade some of our late picks to Brisbane for a future 2nd and 3rd. 

The nostaglia has kicked in. Trade week has always been our Grand Final. We've been too focused on winning the damn things the last few years.
Nice analysis AOB. It makes sense to me - and awesome that you've done the 'draft points' thing. What other clubs cou;d offer similar/better in your opinion?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Axis of Bob said:

A deal like 25+38+45+50+61 +F2 for 17+F1 would probably work out for both parties. We'd end up with a top 20 pick this year, plus slide up a round next year,

Agree and all, but any future Brisbane picks are going to be low for what they are given that it's Brisbane/a top 4 side. That F1 could fall into the twenties.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jeremy said:

Latest episode of Gettable - Caleb Daniel to the Kangas if he moves (phew) , Cal impying we won’t be bringing in Membrey with Derksen locked in. Owies linked to Brisbane, no word of any interest from us. Sounds like it could just be a Derksen , Tom Campbell coup this year 😂 Hopefully we at least take three picks to the draft, not sure how we’re looking for list spots though.

They also mentioned we’re one of a few clubs targeting Peatling. 

• Thanks 1

Today has been hard, as if anyone is working. I've been scrolling up and down this thread and other trade ones all day.

Can some of you at least make up some trade rumours, give the people something to read etc?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

I think this trade period will be disappointing but will c what happens. IMO we will be more of the same next yr, just a gut feel. Hope  I’m wrong. . 

Always exciting to land a big name in the trade period, but those trades are comparatively rare especially once you take out the go-home trades. Hunter retiring helps but I don't see that we have the $$$ available to attract any big fish. I imagine the focus will be on the draft - as it probably should be - with some depth players brought in to plug holes and replenish the stocks.

Personally, wouldn't mind a KP Defender. May and McDonald aren't getting any younger. Perhaps that's what they're hoping for out of Derkson.

Edited by bing181
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, layzie said:

Today has been hard, as if anyone is working. I've been scrolling up and down this thread and other trade ones all day.

Can some of you at least make up some trade rumours, give the people something to read etc?

How’s this? Tom Lynch to join exodus from Tigers. Has requested trade to Demons.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, layzie said:

Couldn't agree more. 

5 minutes ago, Roger Mellie said:

Fixed - a decent rumour requires a decent player!

Balta would be amazing. 24, perfect age, swingman. But I think we have other priorities in terms of trade capital and TPP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, layzie said:

This trade season be hard to bear

We trade even and we trade fair

I see three trades but what ye see?

A ruck, a backman or a utility?

*I be drinkin tonight. Arrrrrr

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Young Angus said:

Waterman

Restructured his contract with WC so he is now earning close to $1 million per season for the next five years. IMO that is massive overs for a guy who has had one good season and hasn’t kicked more than 20 goals in any other season.

• Like 3

On 25/09/2024 at 18:41, Travy14 said:

Ollie Lord at Port the latest to been possibly looking for a move.  We should go hard at this kid, really like what he has done in his games at Port.  [censored] year with injuries this year, but a good young key fwd

Hmmm, he signed an extension with Port late last year that sees him there till end of 2026, so we wouldn’t get him until 2027.

Edited by Mel Bourne

8 hours ago, Mel Bourne said:

Hmmm, he signed an extension with Port late last year that sees him there till end of 2026, so we wouldn’t get him until 2027.

That's what trading is for

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 24/09/2024 at 19:40, WERRIDEE said:

I'd be into Parfitt costs us nothing like Campbell good depth we had no depth this year. I know people aren't gonna be rapt about getting 2 delisted free agents and a player we gave pick 50 or 60 for but I don't think it's that bad. You have to give something to get something in the trade period.

It's the draft where you get excited at the draft that's where our improvement is going to come from. We could have picks 5 and 17 or 18. If the Brisbane deal comes through which means we will give up picks 25, 38, 45 and 51.

Our squad could look like this:

B: Lever, May, McVee

HB: Rivers, McDonald, Salem

C: Windsor, Smillie, Langdon

HF: Petracca, Petty, Pickett

F: Fritsch, van Rooyen, Turner

FOLL: Gawn, Oliver, Viney

IC: Bowey, Sparrow, Tholstrup, Chandler, Melksham

Casey

B: Howes, Adams, Brown

HB: Moniz-Wakefield, Derksen, Woewodin

C: Billings, Laurie, Hunter

HF: Spargo, Kentfield, Sestan

F: McAdam, Jefferson, Fullerton

FOLL: Campbell, Hynes, Parfitt

IC: Yze, Mentha, Verrall

We need a fully fit McAdam, he is too good for VFL level

Howes will get his chance again

Hunter is done

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SthSea22 said:

We need a fully fit McAdam, he is too good for VFL level

Howes will get his chance again

Hunter is done

Has that ever happened? Genuinely interested as he always seems to be unfit or injured 

I didn’t follow his career closely while at Crows I admit 

6 minutes ago, Sydee said:

Has that ever happened? Genuinely interested as he always seems to be unfit or injured 

I didn’t follow his career closely while at Crows I admit 

Work ethic would be a huge factor for him. Never looked fit when he made his debut

1 minute ago, SthSea22 said:

Work ethic would be a huge factor for him. Never looked fit when he made his debut

Agree, I was going to suggest that may also be a factor but feared getting abused from some people that seem overly sensitive on here.

Either way you’d hope he realises that his time as an AFL footballer is running out - I’m sure if he doesn’t get fit and focused in 2025 then his career will be over. Ball in his court and I hope this message was conveyed clearly post season 

3 minutes ago, SthSea22 said:

We desperately need someone to step up in the fitness leadership space this preseason in my view. Neal Bullen is gone, Petracca and Oliver will both be more personally focused, Gawn, May and Viney possibly hitting the age now where they will be more managed rather than full bore preseason intensity and I'm not sure how much of a fitness nut Lever is.

I'd be looking for players like Rivers, McVee and Van Rooyen to hopefully take some leadership of the younger group, and hopefully some of the fringe players like Verrall, Sestan, AMW, and Woewodin really drive the competitiveness in training that pushes the group.

I'd love to see someone like Melksham take McAdam aside and pair up with him a bit for preseason training.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, layzie said:

I have a relative who's friend of a friend that is high up in the Red Bull fraternity, it appears that CP5 is still exploring a trade to the pies or carlscum, the deal appears to be Carlton will deal Walsh and Owies plus a F1 for CP5 with the pies trying desperate to top them with a deal including the bloke who retired Gus as well as De Goey and some pick swaps, the bloke who clocked Gus said he owes the Dees, so is willing to come, they are still trying to find the other bloke in L.A. when I get further mail from my sisters girl friend's boy friend, I will post more. Stay tuned as Norf has not given up on Tracc just yet, with the saints still sniffing and Dawks and Bumbers willing onlookers.

• Haha 4