20 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

sure, and minus about 40 goals a season too

Rachele has kicked 30 as a 21 year old, and has a decade of footy ahead.

I'm not advocating that trade, I'm just pointing out that defensive pressure isn't a reason to not recruit someone. And the club could trade Fritsch and we'd be no different on that end.

Edited by John Demonic

I don't think Rachele is as bad defensively as some are making out, but the forward pressure question is different depending on the game style being played.

With a forward half territory game, inside 50 tackles are essential.

But if we look to go a little quicker (think 2018 style corridor footy), hopefully we capitalise on inside 50s and convert them before the ball has a chance to ping out.

• Like 2

If there Is even the slightest bit of unrest with Rachelle at Adelaide we simply have to enquire.  And work it in the ANB trade, we could seriously get a steal here.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Travy14 said:

If there Is even the slightest bit of unrest with Rachelle at Adelaide we simply have to enquire.  And work it in the ANB trade, we could seriously get a steal here.

He sounds a bit flaky but has talent.

He has pulled out of a few contests, which Goody is not a real fan of.

How about ANB and McAdam?

Seriously, he is on a big contract and I wonder how that would play out.

Edited by Redleg

33 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

ANB for Rachele. Take it or leave it, ya crabs. 

They will leave it as they have us over a barrel and it isn’t a fair deal anyway.

I fear we may get screwed in trading ANB, as they know we are committed to helping ANB get home and doing the right thing by him and his family.

If it was Dodoro, he would offer pick 185. Hopefully the Crows will act fairly.

• Clap 1

15 minutes ago, Redleg said:

They will leave it as they have us over a barrel and it isn’t a fair deal anyway.

I fear we may get screwed in trading ANB, as they know we are committed to helping ANB get home and doing the right thing by him and his family.

If it was Dodoro, he would offer pick 185. Hopefully the Crows will act fairly.

I would say that if there wasn't already an in-principle deal, that we wouldn't be so forthcoming with the whole thing and would say "he is seeking a trade home and we will work with all interested parties to see if a deal can be reached".

My best guess, going off absolutely no inside intel btw, is that we have a deal more or less sorted with the Crows.

I reckon we get our second rounder back from them, which means it's essential McAdams for Nibbler, which is not a good trade unfortunately.

• Like 5

Cant blame the kid if he wants out as our media are beyond embarrassing.

Edited by Jibroni

37 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

Cant blame the kid if he wants out as our media are beyond embarrassing.

Robotification Update Installed. 🤖

Please Reboot Season for Changes to take effect.

Edited by John Demonic

Is Ladhams worth a look? Would he be happy waiting at VFL level once again?

Suns would have a few players available i'd say. Joel Jeffrey comes to mind. 194cm HBF/HFF

• Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

I would say that if there wasn't already an in-principle deal, that we wouldn't be so forthcoming with the whole thing and would say "he is seeking a trade home and we will work with all interested parties to see if a deal can be reached".

My best guess, going off absolutely no inside intel btw, is that we have a deal more or less sorted with the Crows.

I reckon we get our second rounder back from them, which means it's essential McAdams for Nibbler, which is not a good trade unfortunately.

That is far from a good trade if true, as we got an injured player who struggles to get fit and might end up hardly playing for us at all.

7 hours ago, Redleg said:

He sounds a bit flaky but has talent.

He has pulled out of a few contests, which Goody is not a real fan of.

How about ANB and McAdam?

Seriously, he is on a big contract and I wonder how that would play out.

This kid has superstar attributes, I don't rate Nick's as a coach.  Looks a bit "my way or the highway" type.  Goody is a players coach.  Recon he coukd get the best out of him.

Attach him to Petraccas hip for a pre-season and watch him after a big pre-season.

It's a pipe dream, but yeh if McAdam is worth a 2nd rounder what's ANB worth.  I still can't believe we went after McAdam let alone paid that for him.  Still makes me angry

4 hours ago, Travy14 said:

This kid has superstar attributes, I don't rate Nick's as a coach.  Looks a bit "my way or the highway" type.  Goody is a players coach.  Recon he coukd get the best out of him.

Attach him to Petraccas hip for a pre-season and watch him after a big pre-season.

It's a pipe dream, but yeh if McAdam is worth a 2nd rounder what's ANB worth.  I still can't believe we went after McAdam let alone paid that for him.  Still makes me angry

Crows are laughing. McAdam is now a pick 23-24 in this draft. He’s a lazy footballer. Cannot kick 35 metres.  Mercurial yes. But two or three efforts a match is lazy!!! 

how we seem to have accepted that anb is leaving to go 'home' without the deal being done is absolutely infuriating 

he has requested a trade; it has not happened yet

he's got two years to go on a very healthy contract

is he going to retire if crom / pear can't satisfy us in a trade?

how we've handled his trade request has been acquiescent 

Edited by whatwhat say what
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Supreme_Demon said:

We desperately need a smooth moving midfielder with excellent kicking skills.

Our field kicking is still atrocious compared to teams like Collingwood and Sydney.

Finn Callaghan is out of contract next year... doesn't help for next season though.

9 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

how we seem to have accepted that anb is leaving to go 'home' without the deal being done is absolutely infuriating 

he has requested a trade; it has not happened yet

he's got two years to go on a very healthy contract

is he going to retire if crom / pear can't satisfy us in a trade?

how we've handled his trade request has been acquiescent 

I wouldn't be sure that we haven't done a deal for ANB already...

• Like 3