12 hours ago, Dannyz said:

I don't get as much intel as I once did but the last thing I heard is that Petty is keen to get back to Adelaide. 

They can have him. Never gets the best out of himself ol Harry.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Demon Disciple said:

They can have him. Never gets the best out of himself ol Harry.

Too bad we didn't take the two first rounders last season.

I guess in hindsight with the resurgence of TMac we definitely didn't need him, not if he was going to perform like he has.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dannyz said:

I don't get as much intel as I once did but the last thing I heard is that Petty is keen to get back to Adelaide. 

The last we hear is not necessarily the correct or probable outcome. Playing dorment on your wishes is no crime.  

• Like 1

It's pretty clear that we are lacking a lot of class in our midfield, unsure where we are going to find it at trade time but i hope Tim Lamb and the team get creative, maybe Richmond would move Taranto for another good draft pick?

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Ted Lasso said:

It's pretty clear that we are lacking a lot of class in our midfield, unsure where we are going to find it at trade time but i hope Tim Lamb and the team get creative, maybe Richmond would move Taranto for another good draft pick?

Class? Taranto? Is there a second Taranto at Richmond I'm unaware of

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1

15 minutes ago, Ted Lasso said:

Tarranto is the furtherest thing from being a class player lol.

Absolutely butchers the footy and has zero composure. 

Next.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SPC said:

I think we need another couple of class small defenders. I can see Juddy and Rivers filling our midfield. Windsor also. 

Bowey regaining form, AMW and maybe Woey might solve that.

• Like 3

Mac Andrew out of contract at end of 2025. Doubt he wants to leave gold coast but we've obviously been involved in him through his junior years. If he does want to come home there will be a spot for him down back with May nearing the end.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Nascent said:

Mac Andrew out of contract at end of 2025. Doubt he wants to leave gold coast but we've obviously been involved in him through his junior years. If he does want to come home there will be a spot for him down back with May nearing the end.

will be worth a small fortune

gun

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SPC said:

I think we need another couple of class small defenders. I can see Juddy and Rivers filling our midfield. Windsor also. 

Rioli from Richmond?

• Like 2

Max King? In terrible form for the Saints. Could find himself at Sandringham next week. Obviously lacks physicality but he is better than this. Leading goalkicker at least twice at StKilda averaging two goals a game over his career. Not sure Lyon's system suits him. I reckon a mutual parting of the ways could be in the offing. Not sure what sort of coin he's on but if they pay some and it's a second rounder might be worth the punt. At 23 fair chance some development ahead. 

• Shocked 1
  • Vomit 1

8 minutes ago, Deelectable said:

Max King? In terrible form for the Saints. Could find himself at Sandringham next week. Obviously lacks physicality but he is better than this. Leading goalkicker at least twice at StKilda averaging two goals a game over his career. Not sure Lyon's system suits him. I reckon a mutual parting of the ways could be in the offing. Not sure what sort of coin he's on but if they pay some and it's a second rounder might be worth the punt. At 23 fair chance some development ahead. 

I gotta admit i was coming around to the notion that part of max king's problem is that he's at the aints

it seems players who leave there get better after a few years out of their system

i was thinking whether we should go all in and other him the big contract / them the multiple picks and hope we can sort out his complete lack of competitiveness?

and then i watch him play and remind myself that no, definitely not, we do not want what he brings - which is not a great deal

at half time he had 3 possessions, 0 marks, 0 score involvements

finished with 10 possessions, 3 marks, 2 behinds, and 2 additional score involvements

he's on close to $1m a year

no thanks

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 29/06/2024 at 00:37, ElDiablo14 said:

Too bad we didn't take the two first rounders last season.

I guess in hindsight with the resurgence of TMac we definitely didn't need him, not if he was going to perform like he has.

As bad as Petty has been the alternatives at CHF would’ve been worse. There’s a reason Fullarton hasn’t been picked so far. And let’s not forget round 1 Schache 

And this has been a fun T Mc year but I’m not sure he’ll even be on the list next year (assume he will), could possibly retire or might get a deal to swing over to North for a veteran 2 years or some such thing. 

The move right now is to rehabilitate Petty’s value next year not sell him for parts after a year with no preseason. The last 2 weeks have been a glimpse in to just how well he can still mark even if it hasn’t come together.

We can’t go in to a season with Lever as our only prime age tall and teams almost never give up good ones. Because there’s a chance May and McDonald go sooner than later and we’re stuffed down back and hardly proven up forward.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeeSpencer said:

As bad as Petty has been the alternatives at CHF would’ve been worse. There’s a reason Fullarton hasn’t been picked so far. And let’s not forget round 1 Schache 

And this has been a fun T Mc year but I’m not sure he’ll even be on the list next year (assume he will), could possibly retire or might get a deal to swing over to North for a veteran 2 years or some such thing. 

The move right now is to rehabilitate Petty’s value next year not sell him for parts after a year with no preseason. The last 2 weeks have been a glimpse in to just how well he can still mark even if it hasn’t come together.

We can’t go in to a season with Lever as our only prime age tall and teams almost never give up good ones. Because there’s a chance May and McDonald go sooner than later and we’re stuffed down back and hardly proven up forward.

At least Adelaide has been worse than us, so we still have some leverage on them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

We have Turner as well, he could replace Petty in the backline. What about the kid Adams?

• Like 1

Just now, ElDiablo14 said:

We have Turner as well, he could replace Petty in the backline. What about the kid Adams?

I still see Disco as no more than depth until he puts together a season and preseason for that matter. I’d rather he be the 4th choice key back next year with 3 mature players ahead of him. 2 of which are prime age, not just May, McDonald.

Adams remains in the project player department and might be there forever. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

I gotta admit i was coming around to the notion that part of max king's problem is that he's at the aints

it seems players who leave there get better after a few years out of their system

i was thinking whether we should go all in and other him the big contract / them the multiple picks and hope we can sort out his complete lack of competitiveness?

and then i watch him play and remind myself that no, definitely not, we do not want what he brings - which is not a great deal

at half time he had 3 possessions, 0 marks, 0 score involvements

finished with 10 possessions, 3 marks, 2 behinds, and 2 additional score involvements

he's on close to $1m a year

no thanks

Fair enough but who else? Do we just hope JVR and Jefferson come on? I'm open to suggestions. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nascent said:

Mac could be enticed, surely, given the early loving spoonful of the MFC - territory of which he must have an innate fondness. He'd be a mobile, challenging forward in my view or as suggested, a deep backman. 

• Like 1

Short of a big move for a gun tall I still think we need to chase athletic, aggressive, early prime age role players even if they are lesser names and focus on draft and development for skills. Keep hold of our first pick for a home grown gun mid.

That said, Ro Marshall would certainly get a phonecall. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ANG13 said:

Rioli from Richmond?

No too old and Suns bound probably. This is not our greatest weakness. Solve our forward and mid lines and defence takes care of itself. Match winners needed not match savers !! 

• Like 2

On 29/06/2024 at 00:33, Bowserpower said:

I'm happy for Petty to go, hes really not offering much at all right now.

It’s not always “about now”. Future and 23/24 yo who have been injured and bought in too quick or underdone need time like racehorses. This time nex t year for you want him tendering for Crows or us? 

I believe he will finish this season positively and given another proper pre season will return to his best. 
oh and so will Clarry !! 

• Like 4