PREGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

4 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

18,600 is the lowest MCG crowd between the two sides in the AFL era. That occurred in 1992 on a wet day where we ran away with it in the last quarter.

Is that under threat this Saturday?

I don't think so. In spite of it being a cold night game. The Roos must fancy their chances this week. I reckon about 22k.

• Like 2

I don't think we should play Lever there are still 9 games to go after Saturday. We need to win as many of those as possible. If we cannot beat a side with one win without Lever then the bottom really has fallen out of our team. 

• Like 5

No to Fullarton from me, just don't see what he brings. Has AMW shown enough? I'm still leaning to Lever for Petracca and maybe Taj as the only changes. These guys need to stand up and North will be no easy beats. Lose this week and it'll be  a [censored] around here. God last year disappoints me more and more by the week, 2 Flags would have been so much better than 1.

45 minutes ago, old dee said:

I don't think so. In spite of it being a cold night game. The Roos must fancy their chances this week. I reckon about 22k.

Just realised it's the pink lady match which will increase the numbers. Maybe to 30K.

Can't see many North fans turning up even though they'll fancy their chances as you suggested. They certainly didn't turn up to last year's game.

18 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

North at $5.50 is very good value considering their performance on the weekend. I might just do a small bet to cheer me up in case we slip further into the abyss.

Jump on it while you can. Got a feeling those odds will change.

We definitely need to keep playing the kids.  Turner, Windsor, Taj, Howes, McVee, JVR, Bowey.

No harm in bringing in Kolt and maybe Sestan for a red hot one.

I'm not a fan of Laurie or Captain Terrified (Billings).

BBB looks like he has got to part of his 6-week cycle where he can move, so bring him in to pinch hit in the Ruck and give JVR some help / a rest.

Let the rest know that they need to step up in Tracs absence and not only do some great home cooking, but win the hard ball, set lofty standards and exceed them.

On 17/06/2024 at 17:04, leave it to deever said:

Thanks for the reply Sydee. Appreciate it 

I would argue that Luke Jackson wasn't really much of a loss. He probably is for his ruck craft but we kind of covered that with Grundy.

I  think it's fair to say Jackson wasn't really a good forward.

Gus I believe is a big loss. And Oliver while playing this year hasn't been his best for sure.

Trac is only recently out.

I don't mean to be argumentive but I don't feel we have found cause for the drop off. 

I think our forward line has deteriorated even more this year and our mids have been well below their best. 

And without Petty and Lever starring in our backline that too has been ordinary lately.

All fair points but I always considered LJ as another midfielder 

His loss plus Brayshaw together with injury and poor form to others has decimated a once powerful midfield rotation IMHO 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Thanks Bingers.

I didn't know he had said that. Im guessing it was a while ago and that he likely regrets it.

You're absolutely right. You're guessing. 

7 hours ago, Ted Lasso said:

lets get Taj, Bowey, Rivers and Windsor into the midfield rotation

And watch our defence fall apart - and then come on here post-match complaining about Goody playing players out of position.

On 17/06/2024 at 12:30, Sydee said:

If you consider the players that started our comeback in the 21 GF quite a few are either no longer there (LJ , Harmes) injured (Petracca, Lever , Viney?) terribly out of form (Oliver), early retirement (Brayshaw) or simply a few years older and not at their peak

Its a significant shift and one that I think people overlook 

Take Brayshaw, Jackson, Petracca, Oliver and Lever out of the 2021 GF team and I’m 100% sure we don’t win 🏆 

Agree - don’t forget James Jordan

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ted Lasso said:

lets get Taj, Bowey, Rivers and Windsor into the midfield rotation, if we don't have the star power we once had, perhaps the best tactic is to share the load and change the look of that area. 

It's pointless to front up with the same B minus midfield mix and get beaten the same way for the next 8 or 9 weeks, we've got the rest of this season to try a few things, re-establish our identity as a team, work out who is going to help us win our next flag and re-launch for 2025 

we aren't going to win a flag with Petracca out and Oliver and Viney so far away from their best footy. 

image.png.1d993f94d27dfd9b320678e52aeb2259.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Woewodin, Tholstrop and McAdam (sub) in for Laurie, Billings and Petracca.

McAdam can also play VFL on Sunday if he does not get enough minutes.

Rivers into the midfield.

Langdon on the wing.

Turner and Woewod in in defence.

TMac and Tholstrop forward.

Bowey, May, Howes

Salem, Turner, McVee

Langdon, Oliver, Windsor

Picket, Petty, Neal-Bullen

Fritsch, van Rooyen, Chandler

Gawn, Rivers, Viney

Woewodin, TMac, Tholstrup, Sparrow

McAdam

• Like 1

Ever since we lost against Fremantle and Collingwood, I'm very disappointed and upset with the direction we are heading. It's feeling very much like 2019. Giving games to players who are out of form and we will be forced to play players who aren't ready. I be attending the game this Saturday night, however there is a great deal of uncertainty, anxiety and stress watching the game. 

• Like 2

Bowey May McVee
Petty Tmac Salem
Langdon Sparrow Windsor
Fritsch Fullerton Neal Bullen
McAdam JVR Pickett
Gawn Oliver Viney

Rivers Woewodin Turner
  Howes Chandler
  • Like 1

Tom Morris has just reported on Channel 9 that every club is represented at the Hall of Fame except Melbourne is not there. No Kate Roffey or Gary Pert there tonight. Not a positive sign heading into this week's game 

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Storm Boy said:

Tom Morris has just reported on Channel 9 that every club is represented at the Hall of Fame except Melbourne is not there. No Kate Roffey or Gary Pert there tonight. Not a positive sign heading into this week's game 

Is something happening or they just had other commitments?

5 hours ago, D Rev said:

Agree on the 2017 finish, I used that season as a comparison as we were in a similar place; hopefully we do better and  barnstorm to the finals and set a standard for next season.

Unfortuantely that word and the MFC have not really gone together since the last part of 2021 D Rev.  Oh and a large part of the first half of 2022.

And we are a long way off the level of that team at present plus the loss of our equal best player so far for the remainder.

If Simon unleashes the shackles and brings in some new blood.  Some run and carry off HB via Moniz and possibly Woe.

Plus serious Rivers time through the middle.  Melk & Smacca start to show something.

Petty, Chandler, Bowey and Sparrow get replaced.

Alternatively Petty is sent back again till Lever returns and we see a miracle entre from either BBB or Fullo into Petty's role.

Maybe maybe.  Alot of IFs though.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bing181 said:

And watch our defence fall apart - and then come on here post-match complaining about Goody playing players out of position.

Not sure if you've noticed, but not many aspects of our game are in great shape at the minute, we can have the greatest defense of all time and it won't matter if we can't score or win the ball in the middle. 

• Clap 1

1 hour ago, Dingo said:

Agree - don’t forget James Jordan

He was sub and sadly got zero game time that day 

On 10/06/2024 at 18:46, Pirlo said:

FB: Howes May McVee

HB: Bowey McDonald Salem

C: Langdon Viney Windsor

HF: ANB Fritsch Tholstrup

FF: Laurie van Rooyen Fullarton

R: Gawn Oliver Rivers

I/C: Woewodin, Tomlinson, Sestan, McAdam

Sub: Turner

Those italicised should be on notice for playing totally within themselves since the bye. Petracca out maybe saves Sparrow, but I just can't put up with the lack of effort from the likes of him, Chandler and Petty every week. 

It does feel a bit silly throwing in Sestan, Fullarton and Tholstrup but there also isn't much choice unless we want to keep rewarding mediocrity.

Seems you’ve accidentally put McVee in italics.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, old dee said:

Those two words don't inspire me with much confidence given how we often play in anything that smells of slippery, greasy or wet.