PREGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

20 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Been reading the WC forum on Bigfooty and Waterman  was under concussion protocols and will return this weekend.

Yeo is 50/50 but leaning towards playing.

That automatically makes them a better side.

A 6 goal win would be probably more than satisfactory.

Yeo is not playing. he is 30 with recurring groin issues. They will not risk a 2-3 weeker for a potential season/career ending. They are not challenging for the flag but more blooding the new players. 

I will be shocked if he plays before the mid round bye. 

WC will finish bottom 4. Bottom 4 teams should be beat by flag contenders comfortably. A comfortable win (in my definition) is 6 goals minimum. Logic is logical. 

• Like 2

I would say with Turner and Van Rooyen out it would likely be McAdams and BBB into the team, unless Salem is fit and ready to go

Is Verrall ready?

BBB/Tomlinson could be an option but would prefer BBB and Kolt as I'd like to see him given another go before McAdam and Melk are back. 

that being said Tommo does have a some pros

• Can cover Defensive positions if Tmac goes in the ruck
  • Can also relief ruck himself
  • Won't need to shift Petty about as much so - Petty can get solid run up front for form etc.
  • Prefer BBB to ruck F50 only

• Like 1

There have been 10 rounds less the bye

36 quarters of football.

in 19 of those we have scored less than 3 goals. 
Four with zero goals

five with 1 goals

five with two

and five with 3 goals 

and every game has had one quarter where our scoring has failed for a number of reasons   Not all in the forwards.

of course that leaves 17 that are acceptable.   About 50% players.

But that is not the consistency of scoring for a successful finals team.  No its Melbourne for the past two seasons.

i totally accept that we have been more successful in the past few years than ever before. But we are nowhere good enough to trouble the top 4 sides. 

Perhaps the winning ratio of the last couple of years means I do not want to tolerate mediocrity.

• Like 3

According to the Training report, Disco will join JVR as an out, with a calf injury.

Sounding like Verall might get the call up.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

I know it won't happen but is it worth trying Tomlinson up forward and as relieving ruck? Turner has gone from black to forward. If my memory serves correctly Tomlinson played some time forward for the Giants.  Arguably Casey's best player this year. For mine nothing to lose and he might surprise.  Waiting to be shot down!

• Like 3
  • Thinking 2

5 minutes ago, Deelectable said:

I know it won't happen but is it worth trying Tomlinson up forward and as relieving ruck? Turner has gone from black to forward. If my memory serves correctly Tomlinson played some time forward for the Giants.  Arguably Casey's best player this year. For mine nothing to lose and he might surprise.  Waiting to be shot down!

Back to forward. 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

WC will finish bottom 4. Bottom 4 teams should be beat by flag contenders comfortably. A comfortable win (in my definition) is 6 goals minimum. Logic is logical. 

If only Footy was logical!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 640MD said:

There have been 10 rounds less the bye

36 quarters of football.

in 19 of those we have scored less than 3 goals. 
Four with zero goals

five with 1 goals

five with two

and five with 3 goals 

and every game has had one quarter where our scoring has failed for a number of reasons   Not all in the forwards.

of course that leaves 17 that are acceptable.   About 50% players.

But that is not the consistency of scoring for a successful finals team.  No its Melbourne for the past two seasons.

i totally accept that we have been more successful in the past few years than ever before. But we are nowhere good enough to trouble the top 4 sides. 

Perhaps the winning ratio of the last couple of years means I do not want to tolerate mediocrity.

yr looking at these numbers in isolation tho

of those 19 where we scored less than 3, what did the oppo score?

• Like 1

Kolt might be worth a go in his home state. 

Hasn't dominated VFL but doing ok - get more games into him against lesser teams.

Maybe even get him to tag Harley Reid as a learning experience.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TassieDevil said:

Kolt might be worth a go in his home state. 

Hasn't dominated VFL but doing ok - get more games into him against lesser teams.

Maybe even get him to tag Harley Reid as a learning experience.

Maybe get Harley tagging Kolt as a learning experience 😏

• Like 2
  • Clap 2

With JVR and Disco out, I think we might bring in Tomlinson and push TMac forward.

Brown is another player we might look at in the forward line, but we really need someone to relief ruck. Can we ask Petty to be the second ruck?

Hunter, Laurie and Woewodin (into the starting 22) are worth considering and Salem could be back.

• Like 1

Just now, Fat Tony said:

With JVR and Disco out, I think we might bring in Tomlinson and push TMac forward.

Brown is another player we might look at in the forward line, but we really need someone to relief ruck. Can we ask Petty to be the second ruck?

Hunter, Laurie and Woewodin (into the starting 22) are worth considering and Salem could be back.

Hearing its a Tom Fullarton debut that is on the cards. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, Dannyz said:

That's certainly a possibility.

I would go TMac forward and Tomlinson back, albeit knowing it disrupts our defence.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dannyz said:

Interesting.

So he is not injured as per the training report? 

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

9 minutes ago, Dannyz said:

A Dees fbook site said there was a jumper presentation after training this morning. I guess Fullarton or Verrall.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thinking 2

51 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

yr looking at these numbers in isolation tho

of those 19 where we scored less than 3, what did the oppo score?

and the 16 where we scored 4 or more?

Form is something you do not mess with, especially with T Mac.  He is killing it in defence and is no chance of moving forward unless we literally have no other options.

Perfect time to blood Fullarton.  We are quite tall with 3 tall fwds plus Fritsch so I think we can go in with only 2 talls once one of them can ruck

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

Injuries to WCE in game vs pies:

INJURIES
West Coast: Petrucelle (ankle), Darling (nose), McGovern (internal injury)

• Thanks 1

Whatever our team line up is can they all synchronise their watches.

Turning up to the FIRST bounce might prove effective.....

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

21 hours ago, M_9 said:

Ch 9 news said JvR will not be going to Perth. Last quarter (?) marking attempt fell forward and hit his head on the turf.

And the umpires upset for the missed the opportunity to pay a free against him for dangerous marking attempt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3