TRAINING: Wednesday 8th May 2024

23 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Uhm… thanks? 

😂

Well, reading between the lines 

Melk and Salo are working their way back solidly and getting closer every week. 

Goal kicking practice remains a focus

The 5 day break is being especially considered with the short and light run

Confirmed Bowey is playing (which you actually scooped last week)

No injuries or obvious niggles otherwise I assume you would have mentioned it. 

It was a fine report. Thanks. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Clap 1

30 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Imagine the nerve of people complaining about someone providing them with free info from training that they took time out of their own lives to do. This is not @WalkingCivilWar job, she’s doing it for fun and to give something back to Demonland. 
If you don’t like the content of the thread, don’t read it. 

I swear Demonland has become a collective for complaining. 

Thank you 💖

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Webber said:

Are you descended from Jane Austen, WCW? Delightful turn of phrase. So much better than ‘was crook’. 

I think you'll find Webber that crook is a legitimate medical term. I'm surprised you don't know this, given your profession.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Imagine the nerve of people complaining about someone providing them with free info from training that they took time out of their own lives to do. This is not @WalkingCivilWar job, she’s doing it for fun and to give something back to Demonland. 

I made it very clear sometime ago that I and many others require solid training reports by early afternoon. So please stop complaining about us complaining. 

Edited by Roost it far
  • Haha 9

36 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Does @WalkingCivilWar have a job?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ANG13 said:

Yes she absolutely does, and all the time she gives back to the club and Demonland is done free of charge and in her spare time.

This is up there with the complaint we had about the podcast. Just get on with your life if you don't like the FREE content you are being provided. 

Also @WalkingCivilWar has said many many times before that reporting on the ins and outs of training and specifics is not her forte, and that she is there to provide some light hearted commentary and any inside intel she may get from the players. Last week she told us Bowser will play against Carlton, which was a scoop, and turned out to be spot on. Why people are now complaining about the content of her training reports, is beyond me.
I love a detailed training report as much as the next person, but equally I love the insights and funny anecdotes that we get as well. There is room for both.

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 6

38 minutes ago, picket fence said:

As one who prides himself on some pretty astute reporting from Casey Fields, I find your and others comments somewhat disappointing! Have a look at myself?? Indeed!

PF I enjoy your training reports and I hope you keep going and giving them to us!

Just don't think it is fair for posters to have a go at WCW because she doesn't give the same reports and at a captain's run which is a pretty basic training session as I'm sure you know.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I’ll echo the sentiments of Jaded and add that no one should be complaining about the lack of training reports. No one who provides these reports gets paid or owes anybody anything. 

in any event this is a captains run which is a glorified kick to kick session. All we really need to know is who is out on the field or if it’s easier who is not. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

Insightful,training reports today!!! Not!

I added the ❤️, Picket, just so you could have the record for the most different emojis...

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

While I find it bizarre that anyone would expect anything from a Captain's Run, which is nothing but a loosener-upperer, I was there and have taken it upon myself to fill in the blanks and offer some insight:

- Salem nearly tripped over a sprinkler but didn't

- I definitely saw Harry Petty (or was it Jed Adams?) chew his nails

- the weather was nice

That's a wrap!

• Like 5
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, Ted Lasso said:

Wow. zero need for that picket, and Dazzle clapping you. 

Not cool gentleman

I didn’t see this before I did my 'funny', post, @WalkingCivilWar. Sorry!

So, lest I be 'lumped' for my ❤️, Ted, I hope my sad attempt was seen for what it was? 😬

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Thank you for your contribution WCW and i am glad that you kept Fritta on his toes, i am expecting at least 3 better goals this weekend.

• Haha 8

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ted Lasso said:

Thank you for your contribution WCW and i am glad that you kept Fritta on his toes, i am expecting at least 3 better goals this weekend.

Me, too.

They'll sit well with the 3 or 4 regulation ones. Like the passage of play to, and his completion of, his second on Saturday. Pure football.

Edited by Timothy Reddan-A'Blew
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, Ted Lasso said:

I forgot to tell you what he said when I told him his goal was meh. He very eloquently told me to “Get [censored].” 😂

• Haha 15
  • Clap 1

35 minutes ago, ANG13 said:

I have two jobs. Both part-time and both worked around footy stuff.

#Priorities 

• Like 5
  • Love 6
  • Clap 4

2 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I forgot to tell you what he said when I told him his goal was meh. He very eloquently told me to “Get [censored].” 😂

I can't imagine you saying anything that would require you to get censored, W.

Pure as.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for your efforts WCW, love The name of Kozzie and partners new baby daughter (Bellanie), I hope she is a good sleeper. Bit cheeky with Fritta, that goal was second only to Tracc’s GF dribbler. Lol.!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Surprised and a little offended by PF’s comment, tbh ( does it show?😄). He’s never shown even the slightest disrespect for me before today. NOT surprised at the other one applauding it. The only surprise is that he didn’t ❤️ It. 

Don't worry about Picket, be very worried about Uncle Bitters getting anywhere near you.

What do they do at these Captain's runs, are they just a light kick, handball and a few shots for goal, more of a stretch? 

Do the rest train just after?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Redleg said:

What do they do at these Captain's runs, are they just a light kick, handball and a few shots for goal, more of a stretch? 

Good question.

I used to think it was a quiet jog lead by the Captain.

Does Goodwin and the rest of the training staff attend? If so why is it called a Captain's Run.

Beautiful day for a run through the autumn leaves though

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ted Lasso said:

Personally 3 or 4 just as good might be enough.  Go Dee’s 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, In Harmes Way said:

I think you'll find Webber that crook is a legitimate medical term. I'm surprised you don't know this, given your profession.

To that, way back when working in London, I asked a returning client if he was still ‘feeling crook’. He honestly had no idea what I meant, only if it implied he was a criminal. I suggested he watch more Neighbours. 

• Haha 8