CASEY: Rd 07 vs Carlton

Liked McAdam’s game, 6 tackles more than outweighs the quiet attacking game. If it brings that pressure and has a day out he’ll soon be in contention.

BBB not next week but at least he’s back moving better.

Solid Kolt game

Kynan Brown messier than usual but I like the way he always fronts up.

Jeffo probably the highlight, stats don’t tell the full story, he was attacking the contest in the air with purpose.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Liked McAdam’s game, 6 tackles more than outweighs the quiet attacking game. If it brings that pressure and has a day out he’ll soon be in contention.

BBB not next week but at least he’s back moving better.

Solid Kolt game

Kynan Brown messier than usual but I like the way he always fronts up.

Jeffo probably the highlight, stats don’t tell the full story, he was attacking the contest in the air with purpose.

Jeffo’s effort was the best I’ve seen from him (I haven’t seen a lot from the kid). It was like he was playing without fear and just gave effort! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, biggestred said:

Pick mitch white up in the mid season draft 

Do you know what I was thinking exactly the same thing but not brave enough to post! Superb tonight, consistent performer and very good user. Surprised to see he is only 28. We could do a lot worse.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, biggestred said:

Would be 2nd time around.

He was drafted in 2015 and played 4 games for us wearing 41.

Big bodied midfielder with heart and a leader. Knows our system. Sticks tackles.

• Like 4

Didn't get to watch the second half. Did Laurie tidy up his disposal? See he was named second best. Good to see Jefferson get some praise as well, was he presenting well on the lead and more involved? Sounds like kolt had a good game as well which will do him a world of good. Seemed down on confidence since demoted but perhaps also playing defensive mid then?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nascent said:

Didn't get to watch the second half. Did Laurie tidy up his disposal? See he was named second best. Good to see Jefferson get some praise as well, was he presenting well on the lead and more involved? Sounds like kolt had a good game as well which will do him a world of good. Seemed down on confidence since demoted but perhaps also playing defensive mid then?

Good questions. Laurie - absolutely got better as the game went on. Played the new Melbourne game style, looked for the centring kick and didn’t blaze away inside 50. 

jefferson - I wouldn’t say leading? That was also some bad delivery and also very Brown focused. Jefferson either played high getting that outlet kick from D50 or he was the deepest forward and it was on his head. He was playing on an AFL defender in Young, who is older, bigger and stronger but wasn’t beaten. 

kolt - white was the driving mid, Kolt still hangs back a little. There were a couple of times in the final quarter where Kolt let the play happen instead of attacking the ball, pushing through the contest and then going for goal - like Trac or Kozzie do. He’s young and I think he’ll get there, but I’d like to see him being more on the move. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, biggestred said:

NO!! he has very average disposal

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

What a disappointing game.  

Disappointing in that I didn’t think anyone stood out as a player to promote.  Lots of ok performances.  
Kolt did 1-2 good things. He needs more time at Casey.  Laurie is slow and whilst his disposal got better, he’s not up to AFL return imv.  Hore was ok but came off for treatment and I don’t think he’s 100%. Kynan scrapped but he’s not ready to debut.  BBB physically not capable.  Kicked 4 points before getting his goal in the 3rd.  I liked Jeffersons game.  Definitely better in the marking contest.  Stuck some good tackles.  Tomlinson defended strongly and kicked well all night, including good 50metre plus clearances. Hunter got plenty of it yet he has slow ball movement.  He’s probably the closest to getting a call up.  

• Like 2

Next game Vs Brisbane next Sunday at 11.05 if the website is correct. Ludicrous time if right!?🤔

• Sad 1

I don't think it was the easiest conditions to play in and pack marks were hard to stick. Jefferson showed a bit and needs time to develop. Fullerton doesn't do enough and Verral is a little undersized IMO. Surprised how many VFL teams have a very tall ruckman.

In fairness no-one stood out to me but the system and team play and emphasis on defence is why we won and is the role that must be taken to the seniors. Kolt, Brown & Sestan need VFL time to develop. Woewodin has speed and dash that I like. McAdam is underdone and Ben Brown kicks straight and gets 6 the narrative changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was watching the scores and player stats on the AFL website and according to the stats for the Blues players we should have been blown out of the water, I think it was Hatley racked up 40 odd disposals plus they won the ruck, there were 4 or five Blues that had a higher ranking than any of our players and yet we were still going goal for goal with them. To be honest I was a bit surprised that we won the game. So must have been a better team effort for our Casey boys.

• Like 1

How old is Mitch White and how tall ? Mitch should've been picked up in the mid season draft by the Dees last year as he has been consistently good in 23 and 24. We need a bid bodied mid who is going to play seniors.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, COOLX said:

How old is Mitch White and how tall ? Mitch should've been picked up in the mid season draft by the Dees last year as he has been consistently good in 23 and 24. We need a bid bodied mid who is going to play seniors.

Mitch's body broke down every year he was on the AFL list. He's been killing it in the VFL for years, if he wanted another crack and the club were interested they probably would've done it by now. He has the footy smarts and skills in any position of the ground but even when he was 20 the sense was he was red lining his body to get to AFL level.

No idea what he does outside of footy but I assume he's quite content with doing that and being a great Casey captain.

• Like 2

There were a few positives I thought. Some of our tall timber looked promising. If BBB kicked straight he would have and maybe should have had 6/7 and he looked to me that he wasn’t going at 100%. I’d say he will just tick along for a while before doing a mini preseason and be ready for tail end of the season. Thought Jeffo and Verral showed signs and hopefully will continue to improve. Kolt had solid game. 
MacAadam looked lively in the last quarter so hopefully he’s getting his fitness up and can have a better game next week. 

Unfortunately I think we are light on in terms of real good talent coming through. Our injury list is very short at the minute too so there’s not many to come back in. 
It’s not surprising- we’ve lost Gus, Smith and Dunstan for various reasons. Traded Grundy, Harmes and JJ and in addition to that we have promoted some of our best talent to the first team. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Nascent said:

Laurie cleaned things up alot in the second half.  A few nice exits out the front at CBAs also.  One resulted in him goaling from the arc and another i believe he hit BB up who also goaled from 35 odd.

Coughed one dodgy HB up at one stage.

That's from the memory bank though which is always a tad shady the next day at my age, especially after a few glasses of 2015 Milton Estate cab.  Not the greatest drop but beggars can't be choosey.

The diff between his first half and second indicated a fair gap between best and worst for mine.

Reckon the FD would like to see the consistency and to clean up those early clangers, especially the ones in transition & middle areas.  A couple of which directly resulted in turnover goals to the opp.

Not alone on the day of course but if we're talking stepping up with the big boys....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, wizardinoz said:

Umpires refuse to ping Carlton players for incorrect disposal.

You could easily have been speaking of Thursday night too. 

16 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

If he (Adams?) ain’t playing afl games in the first 1-2 years, I wouldn’t hold much hope. 

Maybe give the young tall a third year if he headed in the right direction. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

If he ain’t playing afl games in the first 1-2 years, I wouldn’t hold much hope. 

Who is he going to replace? May, Lever or TMac? 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1