2024 MFC Indigenous Guernseys

Glad to see the flags added - that's new isnt it?

Reminds me, still want to get my 2021 one signed by May and Kozzie and framed, beautiful top

• Like 4

Personally I'm torn between appreciation of Indigenous representation and dislike of 'love hearts'.

As for the flags being on this year, I suspect that's a product of finally resolving the long and bitter legal dispute about commercial IP 'ownership' of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I believe that we got absolutely everything right in 2021 including our Indigenous Guernsey and that should be our “gold standard” going forward. Once you reach perfection it is hard to emulate.!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On 19/04/2024 at 12:32, roy11 said:

Glad to see the flags added - that's new isnt it?

Reminds me, still want to get my 2021 one signed by May and Kozzie and framed, beautiful top

Long story of the representation of the flags.  In short a few years ago the rights to the flag were sold to a clothing company who decided to exploit it for monetary gain, to the point where they were charging exorbanent fees for the use of the image and not investing it in indigenous programs like they promised. In fact they were threatening to sue people for using the flag without paying for it, which lead to a campaign to reclaim the rights and boycott that company.  AFL were supportive of that campaign and they refused to pay to use the rights.  Last year the federal government bought the rights back and made the use of the flag available for everyone to use again.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

i may have shed a little tear watching that

i was sure that the kid wasn't going to still be with us

fabulous he is

It's such a beautiful story, I'm so glad KC is healthy now.  How amazing is Mali for her paying tribute to her little brother like that!  

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I don't know why we don't wear these jumpers as the default, so much better than the default.  I get the history, but this shows history and progress.  Absolutely love it.

• Like 2

On 19/04/2024 at 12:29, Neil Crompton said:

Love the front, hate the back. You’d think Hertz might get into the spirit and have a logo that worked for this special jumper.

Cannot stand the inclusion of Hertz. If you have time, listen to "The Dollop" podcast when they did a review of the history of the Hertz company.  We really should think a bit more about who we are partnering with as a club!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Here’s hoping we can do these jumpers proud this year. Our recent indigenous jumpers haven’t seen much onfield success. Need to fix that pronto.

p.s. That is a magnificent piece of art by Mali.

Edited by Demon Disciple
  • Like 2

A lovely story and a beautiful design.

Very proud of our players and club.

The Hertz logo looks like dogs knackers on the back though. Imagine how much better it would look if the colours were at least matched up. 

On another note, being interstate, we've had foxtel for years and I've always felt a bit bad about funding the Murdoch's. We've at least dropped back to Kayo now, so less money to them.

That sky news interview with the 18 year old kid that won the million bucks was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen from that channel. And there's a lot to usually choose from.

I'll find it very hard to listen to the fox footy platitudes being laid out thick for the Doug Nicholls rounds when their sister station delivers such dog whistling stereotype racist BS.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brownie said:

That sky news interview with the 18 year old kid that won the million bucks was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen from that channel. And there's a lot to usually choose from.

Ahh good old Sky News. The Australian equivalent of Fox News. They’re soooo far right, they’re almost left 🤣

• Like 1

On 02/05/2024 at 00:22, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Liked it.
Watched video.
Love it!

Same here TeamPlayedFine39, the video explained it beautifully.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.