Angus Brayshaw Forced into Retirement

Demonland

20 hours ago, Ouch! said:

I can't believe that Adrian Anderson, the same guy that managed to get off Charlie Cameron for being a 'good bloke' handled out case so poorly. It was a disgrace, and I'm still disgusted like you are. 

iirc seems Anderson has not won a case for the MFC except for that JVR case last season

• Angry 1

19 minutes ago, In Harmes Way said:

What a load of [censored]. There's lots of reasons why people might not financially support the club, especially these days, but it doesn't mean they don't love the dees any less.

I myself see my family's financial memberships as a charity contribution (esp. over the 2010's decade and my paid up wife rarely ever comes). Does that make my fam. any less of a supporter? Does anyone who doesn't get down to watch training any less of a supporter? If you don't get to every single Melbourne based game, home or away, does that make you any less of a supporter?

his comment was NOTHING to do w financials. read it again before attacking please. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Billy said:

I’m sick to death of all this Maynard stuff & the excuses of certain supporters, harden up & get to the game if you can, the season is on the line, we need all the support we can get. 

Fully agree. There is a lot of rubbish being written on this site & it ought to be shut down.

Sometimes life is unfair & you can endlessly whine about it or get on with it.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

24 minutes ago, DeelightfulPlay said:

iirc seems Anderson has not won a case for the MFC except for that JVR case last season

Uhhuh, and yet after the Charlie Cameron 'good bloke' references everyone was citing him as some sort of genius and if you wanted to front the tribunal, that AA would be your man.

• Like 1

Interesting to read the truth about why Gus disappeared from the boundary after one week in todays Age interview with Goodwin….

The plan was for Brayshaw, after his shock enforced retirement, to remain at Melbourne in a development role, but any hope that Brayshaw could find some fulfilment off the field so soon was dashed after one week at the start of the season working on the interchange bench.

Brayshaw found it too upsetting being so close to the action and has chosen to explore other avenues away from football, including, at least this year, travel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 5

9 minutes ago, Cranky Franky said:

Fully agree. There is a lot of rubbish being written on this site & it ought to be shut down.

You know some people are capable of both?  It's my view I'm putting forward on this forum about how it's hard to move past the incident and how it played out last year, both in the media, the tribunal, but also in how sycophantic the commentary is about how tough a player Maynard is. He's still a thug that snipes people as a defender, he ruined Gus's career, we've lost a player that we sorely need in our midfield at the moment.

I'll still be watching the game as many people will. Others can't seem to bring themselves to, but that's ok too. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Clap 2

23 minutes ago, Cranky Franky said:

Were you an Army Drill Sargent in a past life Cranky?

35 minutes ago, Cranky Franky said:

nothing funnier than people whinging and people who whinge

• Clap 1

1 hour ago, Cranky Franky said:

“Get on with it”??? I’d love nothing more than to be able to get on with it… but I can’t. This whole farce has broken my spirit. From the moment I heard that the filthy thug was free to play, followed by McGuire toasting “ Ladies and gentlemen, justice has been done!” everything has changed. And it’s not going away anytime soon. I saw Gus in the one training session he attended after his forced retirement. What a heartbreaking sight it was. He’s a broken man.

Good on you that you’ve clearly been able to get on with it, but don’t tell others to do the same. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Clap 4

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Billy said:

I’m sick to death of all this Maynard stuff & the excuses of certain supporters, harden up & get to the game if you can, the season is on the line, we need all the support we can get. Imagine how good it will be when we win!!!

Starting with Casey Tommorrow, although if Maynard attends, hnmm a few might find it difficult to hold there thoughts back!

Edited by picket fence

19 hours ago, Superunknown said:

It’s part of the reason I haven’t renewed my membership. 

I’m sure the club will miss your 3 yr consecutive membership.

• Thinking 1

17 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

From the moment I heard that the filthy thug was free to play, followed by McGuire toasting “ Ladies and gentlemen, justice has been done!” everything has changed. And it’s not going away anytime soon. 

I like Eddie, but find watching him on TV is now nearly impossible, with the constant Pies’ references on any topic raised. I can’t believe he doesn’t realise it drives fans of 17 other clubs crazy.

Even talk about the weather and he will raise a Pies’ situation.

It is as bad as Caro’s constant interruptions on Footy Classified and talking over other panellists.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

41 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

“Get on with it”??? I’d love nothing more than to be able to get on with it… but I can’t. This whole farce has broken my spirit. From the moment I heard that the filthy thug was free to play, followed by McGuire toasting “ Ladies and gentlemen, justice has been done!” everything has changed. And it’s not going away anytime soon. I saw Gus in the one training session he attended after his forced retirement. What a heartbreaking sight it was. He’s a broken man.

Good on you that you’ve clearly been able to get on with it, but don’t tell others to do the same. 

I just hope Angus brings the thug and the AFL in front of a court of civil law, he could sue for assault and damages. That's real justice for him and those who have been mistreated by the rot that is AFL House.

• Clap 2
  • Angry 1

35 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I always found (and still do) that there are some who have no emotions and found they were the most difficult to deal with as they did not know when they affected the emotions of others.  Fortunately there are not many with no emotions and those who profess so are usually supressing it for some reason and often have difficulties because of that. We cannot be critical of any as the range of emotions is so broad.

The emotions  the Brayshaw incident arouses (as with most things) depends on how close one is to the issue, how much you have invested in the circumstances. Food o those who have moved on. Good on those who still have deep feelings. WE are all on the same journey.

As Melbourne supporters our journey will be vastly different to a Pies supporter. I limit my anger by feeling sorry for those who cannot  or will not appreciate the outcome to Brayshaw and our club. I do hope our players can focus and channel their emotions into a solid defeat of the Pies on Monday. I hope our coaches are able to address each individuals circumstances and coaless the range into a massive team performance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ouch! said:

Hmmm, each to their own, but I believe the AFL and AA let down Angus and the MFC on that night. So not sure why that moment caused you to hold back on your membership to the MFC.  

The AFL all but admitted that this needed to be made an illegal action by banning it this year. But they absolutely squibbed that night, the MFC didn't really have much more that they could do, only the AFL could appeal, but again that can only be done on an error in judgement. AA presented a pathetic case. AFL didn't want to detract from their finals series and were not prepared to take on the Pies upon appeal... 

Pert and or Roffey should have made a beeline to the assembled media and proffered in the strongest possible terms condemnation of the act, they should have refuted the football act nonsense from Daicos and Maynard himself and indicated that given Maynard’s comments in the media prior to the game and the way he plays the game and the fact he is unable to avoid the effects of gravity (he was never going to smother that ball) and given that if that was in training or a game and it was Daicos below him he’d have found a way to wrap arms around him to diminish the impact and given Angus was out cold for 2 minutes and given the AFLs purported desire to protect the head then…

Nothing less than 8 weeks would suffice for an obviously intended high impact bump

I would have also said if the AFL is keen to avoid legal cases for not protecting players they will set an example and ensure they bring a strong case with experts to the tribunal 

box them in and set the parameters for the case

we didn’t do that, we should have and we let the culprit himself set the narrative 

Goodwins comments were not sufficient 

The AFLs disinclination to prosecute an appeal just because finals is an absolute abrogation of their duty and Gleesons comments about that dog missing finals should have given rise to deep concern in AFL house. He should have been sacked 

Edited by Superunknown
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

I like Eddie, but find watching him on TV is now nearly impossible, with the constant Pies’ references on any topic raised. I can’t believe he doesn’t realise it drives fans of 17 other clubs crazy.

Even talk about the weather and he will raise a Pies’ situation.

It is as bad as Caro’s constant interruptions on Footy Classified and talking over other panellists.

He did this at the RDB memorial at the ‘G.
For starters, why was he MC??? Whatever the reason… fine, he’s the MC. But he mentioned Collingwood so many times. At first it was cringey and before long it became nauseating. You could feel the nonplussed vibe in the crowd. I mean, the majority of attendees were either Melbourne or Carlton and this self-absorbed clown carried on regardless. Ugh he makes me sick 🤮

• Like 3
  • Clap 3
  • Vomit 1

40 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

He did this at the RDB memorial at the ‘G.
For starters, why was he MC??? Whatever the reason… fine, he’s the MC. But he mentioned Collingwood so many times. At first it was cringey and before long it became nauseating. You could feel the nonplussed vibe in the crowd. I mean, the majority of attendees were either Melbourne or Carlton and this self-absorbed clown carried on regardless. Ugh he makes me sick 🤮

He owns a production company doesn't he? Got too much air time for how little his brain offers to the audience.

• Clap 3

I am truly jealous of those who feel unaffected and unmoved by the whole Gus Maynard incident. 
I am still gutted about it, and can only imagine how Gus, his family and his teammates are all feeling. 

To suggest we didn’t do enough as a club post incident is frankly ridiculous. We had an elimination final to prepare for, and our main concern was and still is for Gus and his wellbeing. Maynard getting suspended would not have changed the outcome, as much as it would have made all of us feel better. 

What that piece of filth did ended Gus’ career, and it also ended our premiership tilt in 2023.

I will NEVER forgive or forget that club, that player, their ex president or the AFL. I wish all of them the absolute worse of luck. And while I never wish injury on anyone, it would bring me great joy and pleasure to watch Maynard sustain a career ending injury… but even for that piece of garbage I wouldn’t wish the brain injury that he inflicted onto Gus. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Suit yourself but don't end up like a Footscray supporter mate who was still banging on about Rod Grinter's hit on Terry Wallace 10 years after the event claiming Grinter should have gone to jail.

Nobody likes what happened to Angus but in the scheme of terrible things that can happen to people it should be kept in perspective.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rjay said:

Do you know him personally 'Red'???

Not really. Have met him and think he is basically a nice guy, but as a Pies fanatic, he doesn’t appreciate that others aren’t and don’t want the Pies rammed down their throats on every conceivable occasion he has a microphone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Cranky Franky said:

Suit yourself but don't end up like a Footscray supporter mate who was still banging on about Rod Grinter's hit on Terry Wallace 10 years after the event claiming Grinter should have gone to jail.

Nobody likes what happened to Angus but in the scheme of terrible things that can happen to people it should be kept in perspective.

Not point, arguing, Cranky we really have some of the softest supporters in the AFL.

The Collingwood supporters are banding together now, they’re got half there team out, but they’ll be there in force, where as some of ours are broken & just can’t do it anymore 

Toughen up people, it’s a game that you’re supposed to enjoy!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Billy said:

Not point, arguing, Cranky we really have some of the softest supporters in the AFL.

The Collingwood supporters are banding together now, they’re got half there team out, but they’ll be there in force, where as some of ours are broken & just can’t do it anymore 

Toughen up people, it’s a game that you’re supposed to enjoy!!!!!

Banding to abuse and assault opposition supporters? They have been exposed many times for what level of, or lack thereof, civility they have.

Thank you but I prefer to distance myself from here to the moon from that lot.

• Like 1
  • Love 1