NON-MFC: Finals Week 01

Demonland

1 minute ago, Chook said:

Roo is tiring anyway and IMO is barely best 22. Melksham is a big out but is only good for 1-2 goals per game. 

I don't care who you put in our forward line anyway. Forwards kick the goals but they don't create them. 

I mean they do create them… by taking marks and leading and not missing the lot from 25m out 🫠

10 minutes ago, brendan said:

Blues have a dees 2018 look about them should get through to prelim before the lions give them a hiding, can actually see it all panning out like 2018 where the pies lose to an interstate club in the granny

Reckon Collingwood have a bit of 2019 in them.

Held a comfortable 4 goal lead at 3 qtr time against Geelong in the qualifying final only to go scoreless in the last quarter to fall over the line by 10 points with a score of 9.7.61. Then lost a home prelim final to GWS.

2019 they’ll be likely a hosting a prelim against an interstate side.

Carlton get good value out of their stoppages. Don’t necessarily win lots more than their opposition, but when they do it comes out front quickly and upsets opposition defensive structure. We had that quality in 2021 and would love to get it back. They played a very similar style of game to us. They’re showing tonight how to create a contest and not allow a running team to get out like the Pies did last night. Not sure exactly how they’re structuring up from watching on tv, but it’s impressive and we should study it hard.

1 minute ago, Jaded No More said:

Can we kick goals when we are angry?

Asking for my sanity 

Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

We can't kick goals when we're icy. This team is so timid and "cerebral" it kills me. A bit of fire might actually be a good thing. Think 4th quarter when we had to actually go, and we did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaded No More said:

I mean they do create them… by taking marks and leading and not missing the lot from 25m out 🫠

Give me a good Bowey arrow inside 50 and even I'd kick a goal against Carlton. Give Curnow a rainmaker vs Moore and Howe and even he couldn't do a thing.

5 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Maybe stopping the Carlton hype is our consolation  prize.

More likely to turn it into fever pitch.

Edited by At the break of Gawn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ANG13 said:

Have you never met a Carlton supporter?

Yeah a few have served me pasta over the years. They’re like a Collingwood supporter, but with teeth and still have half a soul remaining.

• Haha 2

We get done by the inbred filth, and now the Blues dominate and will probably win. What a carp start to a weekend of footy. I wonder if re-runs of Blackadder are on the TV somewhere. 

1 minute ago, Maldonboy38 said:

We get done by the inbred filth, and now the Blues dominate and will probably win. What a carp start to a weekend of footy. I wonder if re-runs of Blackadder are on the TV somewhere. 

Plus the storm are getting towelled up. Ugh sometimes I wish I wasn't so invested in teams. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

REMATCH by Meggs

The Mighty Demons take on the confident Cats this Saturday night at the recently completed $319 million redeveloped GMHBA Stadium, with the bounce of the ball at 7:15pm. Our last game of 2023 was an agonisingly close 5-point semi-final loss to Geelong, and we look forward to Melbourne turning the tables this week. Practice match form was scratchy for both teams with the Demons losing practice matches to Carlton and Port Adelaide, while the Cats beat Collingwood but then lost to Essendo

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons

WELCOME 2024 by Meggs

It’s been hard to miss the seismic global momentum happening in Women’s sport of late. The Matildas have been playing to record sell-out crowds across Australia and ‘Mary Fowler is God’ is chalked onto footpaths everywhere. WNBA basketball rookie sensation Caitlin Clark has almost single-handedly elevated her Indiana Fever team to unprecedented viewership, attendances and playoffs in the USA.   Our female Aussie Paris 2024 Olympians won 13 out of Australia’s all-time record 18 gol

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 3

EPILOGUE by Whispering Jack

I sit huddled in near darkness, the only light coming through flickering embers in a damp fireplace, the room in total silence after the thunderstorm died. I wonder if they bothered to restart the game.  No point really. It was over before it started. The team’s five star generals in defence and midfield ruled out of the fray, a few others missing in action against superior enemy firepower and too few left to fly the flag for the field marshal defiantly leading his outnumbered army int

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 6

PODCAST: Rd 24 vs Collingwood

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 26th August @ 7:30pm. Join Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Magpies in the Round 24. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE: ht

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 26

VOTES: Rd 24 vs Collingwood

Captain Max Gawn leads Vice Captain Jack Viney and Trent Rivers in the Demonland Player of the Year. The injured pair of Steven May & Christian Petracca round out the Top 5. Your votes please. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 28

POSTGAME: Rd 24 vs Collingwood

The Dees played insipid, error riddled & uninspiring footy all night and in a lightning delayed match they eventually succumbed to Collingwood by 46 points at the MCG in the final game of the year. Thank God this season is finally over. Bring on 2025. 

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 251

GAMEDAY: Rd 24 vs Collingwood

It's Game Day and in just a few hours age-old rivals Melbourne and Collingwood, with a history steeped in blood, sweat and unforgettable clashes, will run out onto the hallowed turf of the MCG, to ignite the stadium one last time in season 2024. Let the memory of this season burn.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 759

LAST DANCE by The Oracle

Forget the wishful thinking from Magpie fans who think their team can perform yet another miracle and somehow snatch a place in the 2024 finals series when their team takes on the Demons at the MCG on Friday night. It ain’t gunna happen. They can whistle Dixie through their non-existent front teeth but the fact of the matter is that both teams have run their race. The game is a dead rubber — for each of them, this will be the last dance of the season.  And given the history between the two

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 2

RED FACED by Whispering Jack

The wind and the hot unseasonable temperatures together with lights turned on mid game at People First Stadium conspired to leave many Suns players and supporters red faced and gasping for air as the Demons proved a number of points on their way to a nine goal triumph on Saturday afternoon in the Carrara sunshine. Melbourne is the only non-Queensland team to taste victory at this venue in 2024. This surely leaves a number of journalists and media mavens red faced after they rushed to pass

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 3
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!