GAMEDAY: Rd 23 vs Hawthorn

Demonland

2 hours ago, Roostwo said:

Wake up to game day nerves.  I hate my MFCSS. 

I hear ya Roosty. Waking up on GameDay is never pleasant. I recommend you do what I do… say a lil prayer to the footy gods as you down *two coffees and a 600ml can of Red Bull. Works every time! Yes you’ll hit a wall just as the match starts but that’s when you initiate part 2 of Operation Pumped… sugar! Lollies and lots of ‘em! Any kind will do (I personally go with Skittles and Killer Pythons).

*three coffees minimum. I’m currently waiting for my third which will be ready once Vikram, the 7/11 guy cleans the machine.

Cheers!

GO THE MIGHTY DEES!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

Laurie has been playing well for Casey, but I am surprised we picked him for this game.

Maybe we want to give him a chance to see if he stays or goes, maybe we wanted someone with good foot skills, or maybe we just wanted something a bit different, to see if it gives us a spark.

In other words I haven’t got a clue.

Fair enough. Thanks.  We may know by tonight

Gates open earlier than usual today (midday) because the Field Of Women takes place starting at 12:45. Y’all look out for me… I’ll be the one wearing pink. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Love 7
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 2

9 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I hear ya Roosty. Waking up on GameDay is never pleasant. I recommend you do what I do… say a lil prayer to the footy gods as you down *two coffees and a 600ml can of Red Bull. Works every time! Yes you’ll hit a wall just as the match starts but that’s when you initiate part 2 of Operation Pumped… sugar! Lollies and lots of ‘em! Any kind will do (I personally go with Skittles and Killer Pythons).

*three coffees minimum. I’m currently waiting for my third which will be ready once Vikram, the 7/11 guy cleans the machine.

Cheers!

GO THE MIGHTY DEES!!!

Are/were you an élite athlete? That’s a pretty impressive and strict diet regime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

image.gif

That’s me before the match even starts!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We just need to maintain our defensive structures reasonably well, and win more than our share of contests (just like we have for every other game this season except vs Essendon in Adelaide), and we beat the Hawks by 20 to 30 points.
Simple, but why the Hell am I so nervous?

• Like 1

Come on boys, get it done 🔴🔵

🤞🏻for a big crowd for Max 200 and Nibs 150. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Mitchell is showing all the signs of being a very astute coach, and this will not be an easy game. But I see a very tight first half, Dees slip ahead in the 3rd quarter, then continue the increase in the 4th quarter to win by 25 - 30 points.

Our full ground defensive set up will thwart their running midfield, and our mid sized and small forwards will be too much for their defence.

And we MUST NOT let Sicily play his won game. Smith to play on him, make him accountable in the air and on the ground. 

Edited by Maldonboy38
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Taking the dog for a walk always calms the nerves. 

Win today and the double chance is ours and we are up to our eyeballs in this premiership race. 

What does the dog think?

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, In Harmes Way said:

Are/were you an élite athlete? That’s a pretty impressive and strict diet regime.

Elite? The MOST elite! Those players have it easy compared to us. We make them look like they’re  having a relaxing stroll in the park. 

5 minutes ago, Redleg said:

What does the dog think?

The dog’s biased. He’s a hardcore Dees fan. 

• Clap 1

Last home H&A game of the year so bringing the kids and cousins along to this one. Everyone excited.

Sunny and benign conditions expected so looking forward to clean, sharp ball movement. No fumbles please. Goal kicking accuracy would be great as well.

He's in the hunt for coaches' award and Brownlow so I expect a big one from Trac. 30 possies and a 3 goal haul.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, forever demons said:

Dont peak to early

Too late. That ship’s sailed. I peaked at 6am. I’ll be fine for the match though, when I’ll get my 48th wind. 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

If you don’t turn up today and choose to watch on tv instead (and you’re in Melbourne obviously), then shame on you. Final home game of the year. In the race for top 4. Captain Max playing his 200th. Weather is mild. 
Don’t be the sort of Melbourne supporter everyone laughs about. Turn up, make noise, and let’s bury those Hawks!

• Like 5

Memories of our start against North Melbourne, gets me worried.

They want to be up for some contest and tackles. Good chance of a finals like start, with some applied pressure, I reckon.

Cmon Dees, give us commitment and wanting it for 4 quarters, I would hate us to be choosing when to go.

I want to see Tommo cement a spot.

Clarry to boom.

Small forwards to have a day out.

Marks and clean footy, to win it for us, together with forcing turnovers.

Go Dees

• Like 3