POSTGAME: Rd 21 vs North Melbourne

Demonland

Just watched the mini replay as I wasn’t able to watch the game live.

1. Petty is a sharp shooter and bloody good judge of ball flight. He doesn’t need to be the brute KPF, that is JVR. They’ll be the next forward duo for many many years. I have no doubt. His injury looks significant. Hopefully it is just a really bad sprain and it’s one of those that are back next week. 

2. Kozzy has to have kicked the most first-goal-game-GOTY-contenders. I reckon that is his 3rd for this year alone.

3. The umpiring from what I saw was atrocious. 2 of Norths first 3 goals were absolutely jokes, marks not paid, HTB, throws you name it , it was horrendous. If that is what was on show for the 10 minute highlight package then I’m guessing the rest of the game was equally worse. 

4. Trac probably only gets the 2 votes as I’m sure so rather innocuous player will get the 3 and you know Bont just has to step foot on the ground to get noticed. 

5. We will beat the Blues. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Just watched the mini replay as I wasn’t able to watch the game live.

1. Petty is a sharp shooter and bloody good judge of ball flight. He doesn’t need to be the brute KPF, that is JVR. They’ll be the next forward duo for many many years. I have no doubt. His injury looks significant. Hopefully it is just a really bad sprain and it’s one of those that are back next week. 

2. Kozzy has to have kicked the most first-goal-game-GOTY-contenders. I reckon that is his 3rd for this year alone.

3. The umpiring from what I saw was atrocious. 2 of Norths first 3 goals were absolutely jokes, marks not paid, HTB, throws you name it , it was horrendous. If that is what was on show for the 10 minute highlight package then I’m guessing the rest of the game was equally worse. 

4. Trac probably only gets the 2 votes as I’m sure so rather innocuous player will get the 3 and you know Bont just has to step foot on the ground to get noticed. 

5. We will beat the Blues. 

There should be a moratorium on umpire comments aroind here or a group action taking the AFL to court .

We know( every clubs supporters know)that umpiring is difficult and sometimes they are "shockers" but... fmd they don't pick on the MFC.

Grow up..it will be more fun watching the games .

Pathetic  much 

• Like 5
  • Clap 3

6 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:
1 minute ago, IRW said:

There should be a moratorium on umpire comments aroind here or a group action taking the AFL to court .

We know( every clubs supporters know)that umpiring is difficult and sometimes they are "shockers" but... fmd they don't pick on the MFC.

Grow up..it will be more fun watching the games .

Pathetic  much 

I think people can make the comment as part of a post. 

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

Honestly thought that was a pretty good win. JVR came up with a huge clutch goal on the HT siren (with some thanks to Jayden Stephenson). North should have gone in with a decent lead at the break but instead they went in with almost none. They were never a chance after that. 
JVR doesn’t have the best technique I’ve ever seen, but he like, doesn’t miss ever? So good. 

• Like 1

First quarter and a bit - lazy, half arsed efforts by the whole team bar maybe one or two. Was extremely frustrating and North were playing with genuine intent.

After that we pulled out fingers out, for the game on our terms and probably should've ended up with a 50 point win but for some inaccurate/wasteful ball use.

Overall it was a good game, tough contest early but we won our easily in the end through hard work, class and maturity. But this game is tainted because of the injury to Petty, how bloody frustrating after the form he had shown last week and today - he was leading, marking and kicking well, everything you want from a key forward. Bloody annoying, let's hope he can get back this year but if not he and JVR will be a formidable duo up forward for the next 7-10 years.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DutchDemons said:

Well we won, but finishing 3rd by percentage is going to make me very sad.

It’s quite plausible we finish on top too. Collingwood May only win one of the last three. I reckon there’ll be three teams on top and percentage splitting the three.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Bang Bang Bang said:

Honestly thought that was a pretty good win. JVR came up with a huge clutch goal on the HT siren (with some thanks to Jayden Stephenson). North should have gone in with a decent lead at the break but instead they went in with almost none. They were never a chance after that. 
JVR doesn’t have the best technique I’ve ever seen, but he like, doesn’t miss ever? So good. 

I thought it was a good win too and you are very correct.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, old55 said:

I thought Harmes was pretty good, and our midfield limited LDU who has been on fire recently.

ANB and Hunter were very good.

Thanks. I'll watch again on Harmes Alert.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, old55 said:

I thought Harmes was pretty good, and our midfield limited LDU who has been on fire recently.

ANB and Hunter were very good.

Just checked the stats. Harmes was in our top 10. My apologies to Number 4.

• Like 4

Big day today.

First yield from my new hydroponics set up today. 

Tomatoes are so tasty. 

Okay job by the Dee’s today too. 🔴🔵💥

• Haha 7

11 minutes ago, McQueen said:

Big day today.

First yield from my new hydroponics set up today. 

Tomatoes are so tasty. 

Okay job by the Dee’s today too. 🔴🔵💥

Always love your work McQueen, and I'm happy to 'taste-test' the "tomatoes" if you need a second opinion/confirmation... Go Dees 

• Thanks 2

Also, if I could mention Jack Viney again. This bloke used to be a bull in a china shop/ throw everything and anything at getting the ball, but he has become so meticulous and composed at what he is doing now it's not funny. Jack has evolved over the last 10 weeks into a genuine ball-winning machine, that always puts his teammates into attacking positions after he releases it every time. The pressure was on this father/son from the time he walked into the club, and we are now seeing a matured man who knows how to get stuff done.

• Like 13
  • Love 1

Got jumped in the first then once we switched on finally in the second it was pretty relaxing to be honest.

Take this for a scoreworm:

Screenshot_20230806_142121_AFL(1).thumb.jpg.cb67a2115c3977dbf9840648a1b27e94.jpg

Ah whoops, that was when we played a [censored] North in Tassie in 2021 and went on to win the flag.

I'll take that too.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

Watched the game and was going to skip the 1st quarter but didn’t, and as bad as the kicking was something stood out and continued to stand out through the game, and that was the smothers, and leading the way was Chandler, bloody hell the kid must have been a defensive linesman in a past life, gets fully horizontal to try and effect the smother. I think that game had more red hot goes at smothering than I’ve seen before, or maybe it was the total commitment demonstrated. So yes we got chipped in the 1st, but it’s the small things I’m seeing each week (smothers, tackles, and jack viney) that has me amazingly bullish on how finals will go…

/bTW - Am starting to feel Chandler might just be the best rookie draft p/u since Aaron Davey in 2003 (although Judd might give that a shake too)

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Billy said:

He was Okay, not great just okay

He is just a passenger who doesn't cut it at the moment.

I don't recall many if any of his possessions were damaging.

But I do know he made mistake after mistake, as has been the case for years now.

I'll be astonished if he stays in the side.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good to be winning but we are so patchy and pick and choose which quarters to switch on.

Which isn't a great sign. Especially coming up against a red hot Carlton who are missing a host of players but are on fire.

We seem to be limping over the line with bursts of good play but too much bad play throughout games.

I still think we'll lose 2 of the next 3. 

And can't understand why people think the Sydney game will be easy. Or that even the Hawthorn game is a gimme.

The old rose-coloured glasses are on a few too many!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

Good to be winning but we are so patchy and pick and choose which quarters to switch on.

Which isn't a great sign. Especially coming up against a red hot Carlton who are missing a host of players but are on fire.

We seem to be limping over the line with bursts of good play but too much bad play throughout games.

And can't understand why people think the Sydney game will be easy. Or that even the Hawthorn game is a gimme.

So Pies don’t pick and choose which quarter to be switched on? Did they forget to turn the light on the last fortnight? 

Did you watch the first half of the Carlton game yesterday? Hardly on fire. Saints were all over them and I rate the Saints on par with Freo and Hawks right now, but with a better tactical coach. 

Carlton do have a host of injuries that they’re covering really well and credit to them. This will be a hard game. So will the Hawks game, so will the Swans game. Every game is hard now.

We are in better form than just about every contender. Carlton are also in very strong form, but they have beaten sides who are not elite in the contest. This game will come down to the contest and the midfield and I back us to be better in there for longer. Clarry back will help enormously. Viney and Trac played limited minutes in the guts yesterday so should be fresh. Carlton had to fight much harder to win yesterday than we did. We basically switched on for 2 quarters then took Gawny, Jack and Trac off in the last and just held off from any scoring eventuating. 
Very smart way to “rest” players. 

Petty out is a massive blow especially without Fritta. But if Clarry is back then Trac can spend more time forward. Kosi back in hot form also would scare Carlton. He has a track record of breaking their hearts after all. 

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

We’ll comfortably beat Carlton big fella. 

• Haha 2