POSTGAME: Rd 19 vs Adelaide

Demonland

51 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Langdon bombing in the last minute, when you need to keep possession, wow.

Our disposal is still a real worry and the bombing into F 50 oh dear.

But, we won and still in top 4.

Viney just a bull. Gus was good and I thought Tommo was very steady.

Kozzie best game this year and with Kade kicked valuable goals.

That game from Kade means we won't see Spargo any time soon.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Stiff Arm said:

If I have to explain it to you then there's something wrong.

All good teams will get the better of you at some point in the game.

A better team will not easily give up a decent lead. A good team will come back from 4 or 5 goals down in the last.

We need to be consistent more often to win the flag this year. As we were in 2021

Pies give up a massive lead against Adelaide too and conceded 7.1 in a quarter to them. 
We came back from 5 goals last week against Brisbane.

Why oh why are the Pies the most amazing team to ever exist when they claw their way to win, and we are no good when we do? 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Clap 4

24 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

What difference is that?

Is it like how Collingwood led Adelaide by 35 points at the G a month ago and then won by a point?

Coll aren't 4th and haven't lost to Freo, GWS and Essendon 

The context and comparison aren't the same. False equivalence 

That's the difference 

Edited by Stiff Arm
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stiff Arm said:

If I have to explain it to you then there's something wrong.

All good teams will get the better of you at some point in the game.

A better team will not easily give up a decent lead. A good team will come back from 4 or 5 goals down in the last.

We need to be consistent more often to win the flag this year. As we were in 2021

I’m not sure you’ve thought this argument all the way through. 

On your logic it’s better to be bad for 3 quarters then good for 1, than the other way around. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sydney_Demon said:

Frankly, who gives a FF what happened when you played? Is it in any way relevant? What's (self-)indulgent is you posting this [censored]. Did it cross your mind for one moment this might be what the players want? 

surprised by the many fired up responses to my comment. sure they may have talked about babies and toddlers being in the song. obviously i’m not aware of that. just expressing my opinion. 

• Like 1

Great game by Viney again.

Chandler really putting his hand up.

Those that wanted Koz dropped are a little mad.

Gee we've had some lapses over the last two games.

Hunter's disposal is about as clean as a uni student's share house fry pan.

Still happy we've banked the points and we're generally improving at the right end of the year.

• Like 3

We just dropped away any time we had the lead consolidated, in the second, third and to start and end the last.

As usual our mids were held like crazy out of stoppages when meant we got short entries, and their super dangerous half backs went to town on slow or inexperienced half forwards.

Wingers got targeted all day and gave up 5000 marks, and the crows looped around to take advantage of those marks.

Backline had a stinker to start the last and May needs to get his head out of backside and just play the game on merits. Tomlinson started like a house on fire then ended like a house burnt to the ground.

• Like 4

On the way home and think we didn’t play that badly. We had moments of brilliance which was pleasing to see.

We just don’t respond well to teams with  pace, especially those that rebound quickly. May and Lever simply look like deers in headlights at the moment when the ball comes on quickly and hits the ground.

The forward line still needs work I’m just not sure how to work it. While Brown didn’t do a lot and got subbed, he straightens us up. He also takes the best key back which today allowed JVR to step up. Petty down back is just so important. 

I’ll take the win and hope like hell Oliver returns soon. Sadly we are unconvincing right now. 

• Like 4

I loved today.  Still don't have our best team on the park, but when we need to, we stand up.  My only real concern is our lack of composure and that even when we are in the clear, we can't hit a target further down the field.

I'll take that win anytime and I can only hope we are building towards the finals and our 'A' game comes to the fore when it really matter.s

• Like 5

Nobody is saying Adelaide are a bad side. What some of us are saying is that we played poorly at times, even when not under pressure. Poor decision making, bombing into 50 again, passing into the pockets earlier in the game, 1m handballs and lack of tackling pressure. We are still a work in progress which was evident for half a game last week as well as other recent games. It's always the same issues. Anyway, hopefully things gel for longer periods very soon. Great last quarter by Viney and you cant doubt the spirit of the players not to give in, its just skill errors and execution.

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

1 minute ago, Jaded No More said:

Pies give up a massive lead against Adelaide too and conceded 7.1 in a quarter to them. 

Why oh why are the Pies the most amazing team to ever exist when they claw their way to win, and we are no good when we do? 🤷‍♀️ 

i totally agree with you

but am personally happy to let the Pies take all the pressure and expectation into finals. 

no doubt in my mind the the Pies fear us most 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

This isn’t necessarily a bad thing. 

We won’g win it if we can’t learn to score from our defensive half and if that means we relax the forward press a bit and learn to accept a game that isn’t played entirely in our forward half, I think that’s ok.

Oh I don’t disagree. Defensive perfection is not an ideal I would shoot for, but tell that to Goody and May because that’s what they seem to pride the team on.

We are defensive first and foremost and then willing from there - if this is that changing then I am all for it because - playing to your personnel aside - I don’t like footy like that. 

1 minute ago, Jaded No More said:

Ridiculous hyperbole, or do I need to explain that as well?

The closer to the finals, the more important the context. And we are faaaaar from comparable to Collingwood 

3 minutes ago, Beetle said:

The forward line still needs work I’m just not sure how to work it. While Brown didn’t do a lot and got subbed, he straightens us up. He also takes the best key back which today allowed JVR to step up. Petty down back is just so important. 

For the people in the back

3 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Great game by Viney again.

Chandler really putting his hand up.

Those that wanted Koz dropped are a little mad.

Gee we've had some lapses over the last two games.

Hunter's disposal is about as clean as a uni student's share house fry pan.

Still happy we've banked the points and we're generally improving at the right end of the year.

Analogy of the year to Brownie, mods, with the uni student cleanliness drive by

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stiff Arm said:

Coll aren't 4th and haven't lost to Freo, GWS and Essendon 

The context and comparison aren't the same. False equivalence 

That's the difference 

Circular argument. 

They’re where they are because they’ve won 5 games when behind at 3QT (including, funnily enough, to Essendon).

But if you didn’t like that example how about Port being 3 goals up on Essendon with 10 minutes to go and then needing a goal after the siren to win?

• Like 2

• Demonland changed the title to POSTGAME: Rd 19 vs Adelaide