What They Are Saying at Kardinia Park

Lucifers Hero

Big Footy

Little confidence among their fans.  Lots of criticisms of Cameron.

• Just play the kids now, we don’t have the spark to do any damage this year that’s a given.
  • Season gone time to get games in as Port did last year.
  • Season buster.  Hard to call in Rd 15 but here we are.
  • Firstly, let's just admit that the season is already gone. Things become a lot clearer and less distorted this way. 😅
  • We lose Dangerfield, they‘ll get Oliver back-it’s how the year has gone.  I expect they will be favourites, still,
  • I quite like us for this. Comon cats -we can win this.
  • Melbourne on an off day aren't really any better than Bulldogs on an average day though, such as when Essendon and Freo beat them by 5 goals. We beat the Dogs by a few goals under the roof so it's not irrational to think we can take Melbourne all the way with a stronger side.
  • With Danger and Bruhn likely out, and with others no sooner to return, I don't see this being particuarly close.  Reckon they'll give us a relative spanking.
  • Come on Clayton, give your body the extra week's rest it needs.
  • Melbourne's midfield is elite. Even if Oliver doesn't play, there is Gawn, Petracca and Brayshaw.  It's hard to win games with such a second-string midfield. It will be a great win if they find a way.
  • We’re screwed
  • if we dont win not losing % is crucial as it will be significant in the fight for 8th spot.
  • A player doesn't get a pass for playing poorly because they've just had a child, that's ridiculous.
  • I think night games in Geelong in general are no good.  The weather + traffic makes it worse to get out of than the mcg.
  • Accusations of laziness or softness - against the individual or the team - are the laziest intellectually that we see here. They are hunches fuelled by resentment and, i suppose, disappointment.
  • Do we really know that the team partied too hard, returned to training unfit, are satisfied with last year's triumph, and thus are coasting etc etc? No we don't. The fact is from time to time any team can appear to lack intensity for a quarter, half or entire game.
  • Ive heard some Geelong people complain that the noise from the crowd after we kick a goal interupts their reading/knitting time, if we do anything well it is having a whinge.
  • I'm really worried about this one, Melbourne's strength is their midfield, not exactly something we are excelling with at the moment, they get goals out of the midfield as well, we will need to keep a serious eye on Petracca and Fritsch who seems to get heaps of opportunities to score
  • Don't think Melbourne are that terrifying. Good team, but they've been up and down and a little like the Dogs (in a different way), their forward line can let them down. If they had a truly gun key forward they'd be much tougher. Don't see why this isn't winnable.
  • If Tomahawk takes a pack mark they'll need a couple of ambulances ready to transport whoever he lands on, maybe a priest as well.

My Favourite

• Our best if good enough to win it all still - but having only being able to deliver it for about 35 secs this season wont cut it .

Dees by 6-8 goals but we will probably take our foot off the accelerator and win by 3 or 4.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Just now, rpfc said:

I was just about to remark about the lack of internet in the Geelong area, but I think they got a govt grant for that…

Once again, you’re missing the set up of they would need internet to be on a footy forum…

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, rpfc said:

I was just about to remark about the lack of internet in the Geelong area, but I think they got a govt grant for that…

They were very slow putting up their 'Preview' thread - only went up Monday morning but they played the previous Thursday...

...so maybe you are right about the lack of internet down there.🤨

As an aside I laughed and laughed re the comment that the noise, post goals interupts their reading/knitting time!!

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Haha 5

Two comparisons to the Dogs. Bizarre. I rate the Dogs but given the comparisons were meant as an insult, I'm convinced the water in Geelong is laced with something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Don't think Melbourne are that terrifying. Good team, but they've been up and down and a little like the Dogs (in a different way), their forward line can let them down. If they had a truly gun key forward they'd be much tougher. Don't see why this isn't winnable.

Really? Our accuracy can let us down, but that's forwards and mids. And having a gun key forward is great, but equally makes you more predictable and easier to stop. I'd much prefer a system-based forwardline, with some x factor like Kozzy, Fritta and a resting Trac.

It's no wonder opposition fans buy into this idea of our forwardline struggling, when all they've heard from the media is we can't connect.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, A F said:

Really? Our accuracy can let us down, but that's forwards and mids. And having a gun key forward is great, but equally makes you more predictable and easier to stop. I'd much prefer a system-based forwardline, with some x factor like Kozzy, Fritta and a resting Trac.

Very true. 

While their gun forwards have served them well, Carlton's gun forwards aren't doing much good without the ground level support.  Too easily defended.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Big Footy

Little confidence among their fans.  Lots of criticisms of Cameron.

• Just play the kids now, we don’t have the spark to do any damage this year that’s a given.
  • Season gone time to get games in as Port did last year.
  • Season buster.  Hard to call in Rd 15 but here we are.
  • Firstly, let's just admit that the season is already gone. Things become a lot clearer and less distorted this way. 😅
  • We lose Dangerfield, they‘ll get Oliver back-it’s how the year has gone.  I expect they will be favourites, still,
  • I quite like us for this. Comon cats -we can win this.
  • Melbourne on an off day aren't really any better than Bulldogs on an average day though, such as when Essendon and Freo beat them by 5 goals. We beat the Dogs by a few goals under the roof so it's not irrational to think we can take Melbourne all the way with a stronger side.
  • With Danger and Bruhn likely out, and with others no sooner to return, I don't see this being particuarly close.  Reckon they'll give us a relative spanking.
  • Come on Clayton, give your body the extra week's rest it needs.
  • Melbourne's midfield is elite. Even if Oliver doesn't play, there is Gawn, Petracca and Brayshaw.  It's hard to win games with such a second-string midfield. It will be a great win if they find a way.
  • We’re screwed
  • if we dont win not losing % is crucial as it will be significant in the fight for 8th spot.
  • A player doesn't get a pass for playing poorly because they've just had a child, that's ridiculous.
  • I think night games in Geelong in general are no good.  The weather + traffic makes it worse to get out of than the mcg.
  • Accusations of laziness or softness - against the individual or the team - are the laziest intellectually that we see here. They are hunches fuelled by resentment and, i suppose, disappointment.
  • Do we really know that the team partied too hard, returned to training unfit, are satisfied with last year's triumph, and thus are coasting etc etc? No we don't. The fact is from time to time any team can appear to lack intensity for a quarter, half or entire game.
  • Ive heard some Geelong people complain that the noise from the crowd after we kick a goal interupts their reading/knitting time, if we do anything well it is having a whinge.
  • I'm really worried about this one, Melbourne's strength is their midfield, not exactly something we are excelling with at the moment, they get goals out of the midfield as well, we will need to keep a serious eye on Petracca and Fritsch who seems to get heaps of opportunities to score
  • Don't think Melbourne are that terrifying. Good team, but they've been up and down and a little like the Dogs (in a different way), their forward line can let them down. If they had a truly gun key forward they'd be much tougher. Don't see why this isn't winnable.
  • If Tomahawk takes a pack mark they'll need a couple of ambulances ready to transport whoever he lands on, maybe a priest as well.

My Favourite

• Our best if good enough to win it all still - but having only being able to deliver it for about 35 secs this season wont cut it .

Dees by 6-8 goals but we will probably take our foot off the accelerator and win by 3 or 4.

Thanks for these LH.

And I thought we were a negative bunch.

• Haha 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Interesting their criticism of Cameron. He's a very good player

Yes but he has dropped away significantly in the last 6 games 

30 goals in the first 7 games 9 goals in the last 6 games

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Interesting their criticism of Cameron. He's a very good player

My MFCSS says he will come good this week.

Even if he does we will still win!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1

10 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Hasn’t helped that their midfield has been badly undermanned. A forward can’t kick goals if the mids aren’t getting their hands on it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lucifers Hero said:

My MFCSS says he will come good this week.

Even if he does we will still win!!

Nothing screams MFCSS more than Cameron kicking 10 and Rohan having his yearly above- average performance against us. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Hasn’t helped that their midfield has been badly undermanned. A forward can’t kick goals if the mids aren’t getting their hands on it. 

Surely Hawkins is also close to retirement. Once you remove that second threat forward, it becomes easier to defend against Cameron.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

Their midfield isn't getting any better this week. Guthrie still out, Dangerfield out, Duncan still recovering from a hamstring strain a few weeks back and Stanley may come in but will be underdone.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Surely Hawkins is also close to retirement. Once you remove that second threat forward, it becomes easier to defend against Cameron.

No doubt but knowing them they will probably draft some 195cm guy from Otway who will kick 40 next year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

3 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Got a fair idea who they are missing from the middle and he ain't coming back. The ten metre pass expert.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

And lets keep it that way ....

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Currently 6th in the goal kicking with 34.
Will go around again for sure.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, A F said:

It's no wonder opposition fans buy into this idea of our forwardline struggling, when all they've heard from the media is we can't connect.

Largely spot on, AF. I'd reckon JSmith has the 'go' to surprise ... would like to see him again up forward with just that little bit more game experience behind him, and daring. He's a very good contributor already with forward defence, now for some 'lone ranger' with Tonto (Fritta) both finding spaces. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Nothing screams MFCSS more than Cameron kicking 10 and Rohan having his yearly above- average performance against us. 

Rohan had his yearly performance last week. He's nothing that a steadfast, attentive, pack-entering Lever cannot manage with a punch to clearance and a kneeful reminder or two of whispering pain coming from behind. 

• Like 3