PODCAST: Rd 12 vs Carlton

Demonland

Just thought I’d air a silly little grievance that I have with the club and their communication of injuries to members.

We had 2 classic “Mystery Injuries of the Week” this week.

On Tuesday when they released the injury list there was no new injuries to report yet when the team was released on Thursday we find out that both Hibberd and McDonald are out injured.

No updates on their condition, severity or length of time they’ll be out since. Sure they may have done something on the Wednesday or Thursday but as there has not been any information since so members are none the wiser.

Then TMac puts up an Instagram story of him in hospital with his foot bandaged holding a plastic container with a chunk of bone in it obviously extracted from said foot. Nothing from the club.

I get we need to play the game and keep opposition clubs guessing and I have no idea how it works at other clubs but I find the lack of information to members,  as of writing this post, very poor and frustrating.

Silly rant over. 

Edited by Lefty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Might be a moot point because you've probably discussed Smith tonight and perhaps come to the conclusion that he plays again this week. Hypothetically do you think Schache might be in the discussion given his 9 goals in the past 3 matches?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Deeminion said:

Might be a moot point because you've probably discussed Smith tonight and perhaps come to the conclusion that he plays again this week. Hypothetically do you think Schache might be in the discussion given his 9 goals in the past 3 matches?

Show is tommorow night dee

• Shocked 1

The whole narrative about Fritta being greedy is a joke. No way could he get the ball to Chandler without it being spoiled or having to loop it giving Kemp time to tackle or take possession. He did the right thing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, binman said:

But don't worry i won't be flogging that particular horse tomorrow night. Much. 

😀 Just as long as you remember the loading theory ought also to apply to other teams we play. Looking forward to tomorrow’s episode. Cheers, Binman

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking to King’s Birthday.

I see this as 2 possibilities:

1. There really is a training load factor in which case we will struggle to get the job done against a hard running team as per recent history. Incidentally why would the Pies also not be in load phase?

2. We have been setting ourselves for this game to launch full bore into the second half of the season with a positive kick off.

How do you guys see it?

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Fanatique Demon said:

😀 Just as long as you remember the loading theory ought also to apply to other teams we play. Looking forward to tomorrow’s episode. Cheers, Binman

Pies are pretty flat at the moment too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Fanatique Demon said:

It does indeed- as I point out in my screed. 

On 6/2/2023 at 11:07 PM, Phil C said:

Absolutely love the pod boys but if you guys spend the first half hour telling us how good we are like on last week’s pod I’ll struggle to stay calm! We are very average unfortunately, but on the positive side I thought JVR, McVee and May were great. Max was huge in the last quarter of course. 

I absolutely love the Pod & would be more than happy if you tell us how good we were . We were by no means perfect…that comes closer to finals time but apart from putting  scoreboard pressure on …there were so many positives in that game . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can you see us using Joel Smith to keep Darcy Moore accountable?

Even though he only had 5 touches last week his pressure was the best of the other key forwards we’ve seen this year compared to Brown & Schache 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

I’ve not seen the Pies play but I often read that they bring 2 extras to the stoppage. From what positions do they usually take those players and who therefore is likely to be free for us and how damaging could they be, eg on the turnover/rebound?

In 2021, we tagged I think Libba in our first game against the Dogs. Harmes did the work if I recall correctly. It nullified his influence at the coal face and, IMHO, that win really solidified our contender credentials. Do you think we’ll look to tag/run with Daicos and who could do the job?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gents, love the show. 

My question is regarding our clearance work against the Blues. Whilst not entirely clean we performed much better in this space than previous weeks. Is that a result of a tactical adjustment, greater work rate, the Blues not being very good or something else?  

• Thanks 1

Not so much a direct question, but I thought in last week's game we looked the most "Melbourne" we have in a long time. That classic defence and contested ball formula was back; the team set up a fantastic defensive zone forcing long contests down the line, our interceptors did their job and overall the team looked confident and poised (back of centre at least). Do you think after experimenting with a more high-octane game plan in the first half of the year, Goody and co. are maybe reverting back to the formula that has given us success in the past? And do you think the first half of the year the coaching staff have refused to show their hand which we're maybe starting to see now? I thought apart from some terrible goal kicking and i50s we actually looked really good on Friday, and I feel more positive about that game than some others here. Maybe it was due to the poor quality of the opposition, but keen to hear your thoughts on it anyway!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Loving the Podcast fellas. Love the balance between the 3 of you. Always insightful and your analysis is always backed up by the stats.

Would love to get your insights into our significant drop in accuracy over the past few rounds. I don't have the stats in front of me but I have no doubt you guys will and perhaps shed some light on the cause. Is it loading, fatigue or just plain reverting to old ways and bad habits?

Keep up the great work.

• Thanks 1

Loving all the questions and comments but I'll have to draw the line here. My notes are already almost 6 pages longer than normal. It's already going to be a massive show.

If you must ask something now make it a question re: the collingwood game keeping in mind any other questions already asked. Think we'll have the Blues game covered already.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demonland said:

Loving all the questions and comments but I'll have to draw the line here. My notes are already almost 6 pages longer than normal. It's already going to be a massive show.

If you must ask something now make it a question re: the collingwood game keeping in mind any other questions already asked. Think we'll have the Blues game covered already.

No question, just thanks!  Super keen for a bumper episode!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those listening LIVE we might start a little later tonight as I have a Player Sponsor function that finishes at 7:30pm so it will depend how quickly I can get home from the G and put my youngest to bed. Will keep you posted.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, buddha82 said:

Would love you guys to have a read of this excellently analyzed article and give us your thoughts.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2023/06/02/footy-fix-the-blues-are-rubbish-but-the-dees-were-just-as-bad-and-four-images-perfectly-sum-up-why/

Interesting take, I would also like to hear your thoughts on this.

• Thanks 1

Good to see McVee get some love in the media today and get a big pump up from Leigh Montagna (who is one of very few so called experts that I don't mind).  Have been surprised about the calls for his spot in the side on demonland.

Think we have a real gem there and he is only going to grow more.  Who do you think is our next Judd McVee?

I think it might be Howes, but we never saw Judd coming so who knows. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1