The Run Home

The run home is coined from racing. 

It refers to the race left after turningbthe last turn ( of note ) 

It can vary somewhat from racecourse to racecourse but essentially is the same.

As it's been borrowed... then the reference is simply from wherever you are .... as obviously teams are not horses and seasons not courses.

It's this side of a euphemism . 

Arguably some might consider our real turn for home to occur after the KBW ( has merit ) 

But really...from where we are..   :)

6 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Logic is never flawed 

Logic is subjective, therefore it can be flawed. 

• Like 1

The Run home ?   Dont care anymore.. Melbourne bring their winning game to the table the ladder will do the rest without our exalted input.  OK a fact Melbourne are still treated like bunnies  ie Cattery but who cares. We're good enough to win so do it.  GWS say HI.

Under current circumstances we would of hit two of these three teams Carl Coll Geel  in 21. We still have basically the same personnel. Its good enough. Up to MFC.

Dont waffle about the Pies beating us . We take out Carlton  we can beat Collingwood. Theyre not robots.

Edited by Deebauched

8 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Logic is subjective, therefore it can be flawed. 

Logic is logic 

Its not ever subjective

It is because it is.

19 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Logic is logic 

Its not ever subjective

It is because it is.

What’s logical to one person might be illogical to another. Perception being reality, who’s to say which of these two people are right?

4 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

What’s logical to one person might be illogical to another. Perception being reality, who’s to say which of these two people are right?

No logic is logic 

It's undeniable.

What you refer to might possibly be called ...opinion... that...is subjective

We should win in Mordor in front of those people - so that should be fun.

We are playing ok, we are just sloppy and forever waiting for someone else to ignite us. The disease of ‘why me?’ is a thing in bball teams with star laden teams, maybe there is a bit of that. Hard to say.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Engorged Onion said:

Sincere apologies - it was just a popular response in the 90's! 😍 Were you a Full Forward and was your name Plugger, or Chook?

I prefer a pejorative reference to the Quambatook thirds, thanks!

Fwd and back pocket u16s. Quickly ended after I discovered the joys of sandscrape golf 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

That stove top is red hot.

If I put my bare hand on it, I will be burnt.

Maybe stop drinking and cooking at the same time. 

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2023 at 10:25 AM, Doug Reemer said:

Ross is a good coach. But you can’t polish a [censored] for 24 rds. They new coach smell has worn off and they’ve been figured out.

Fair point and we'll know in a few weeks.  My Saints friends are now off their high and see it your way.

• Like 1

I've seen various posters claim that we have a hard run home (somebody even said we have the hardest) and others say it's an easy run home.

According to this article, we have neither and are right in the middle of the difficult/easy fixture table.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-run-home-which-afl-clubs-have-the-hardest-and-easiest-draws-20230601-p5dd3w.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Demonstone said:

I've seen various posters claim that we have a hard run home (somebody even said we have the hardest) and others say it's an easy run home.

According to this article, we have neither and are right in the middle of the difficult/easy fixture table.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-run-home-which-afl-clubs-have-the-hardest-and-easiest-draws-20230601-p5dd3w.html

Logical

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Demonstone said:

On the coach (presumably fed by CD) said cats hardest, Melbourne 2nd hardest.

Just a minor point about Swans game R24.

In all likelihood its Buddy's last AFLgame which is as big an event as the 1000th goal game against Geelong.

Tricky Gill set us up beautifully.

No tick against a AFL corporate game at SCG. forget it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deebauched said:

Just a minor point about Swans game R24.

In all likelihood its Buddy's last AFLgame which is as big an event as the 1000th goal game against Geelong.

Tricky Gill set us up beautifully.

No tick against a AFL corporate game at SCG. forget it.

Possibly. Or maybe they will be so far off it he calls it quits a few rounds early.

4 minutes ago, rpfc said:

Possibly. Or maybe they will be so far off it he calls it quits a few rounds early.

Steven May could wheel him out in his wheelchair.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

There’s a real opportunity for Essendon to make and lose another final.

Can't they just not make it and then we can bank another 365 days? 😀

Edited by layzie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know Fox Footy's analysis goes a bit deeper than just looking at average percentages of opponents for the rest of the season, but pure averages can be very misleading. In Melbourne's case we have 11 games to go but 6 of them are at the MCG and only 3 interstate (1 of which is a home game in Alice Springs against GWS, 1 is against North Melbourne in Hobart, with the final round of the season against Sydney who probably won't have much to play for).

We have no games in Western Australia, South Australia & Queensland. Other teams will have tough away games against Adelaide, Port Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast & Fremantle . The average percentage of opponents for Melbourne is dragged up by games against Collingwood & Brisbane, both of which we play at the MCG.

I'd say, especially with Western Bulldogs & Adelaide losing yesterday we are very-well placed. Wheelo has us a 96.4% chance Top 8, a 73.5% chance Top 4 as of this morning:

https://www.wheeloratings.com/afl_simulations.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1