Jump to content

Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


The Run Home



Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

Do you make charts or graphs for a living?

I couldn't do it and wouldn't have the patience either.

Well done. 

Thank you.

It is the simplest Excel Table possible.  Takes no time at all.

Just a reordering of the AFL Fixture in Ladder order, using the 'copy/paste' function.  Then add red and blue and some random colours for highlights.

Same approach for the 'Contracts' Table.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2023 at 11:33 AM, dl4e said:

We are not playing well. I think we may struggle to make the 8. See what happens this week against Carlton.

Negative post of the season, you should be Captain Coach of Demonlanders  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2023 at 1:17 PM, Sydney_Demon said:

I'm surprised that we are ranked so highly in those team rankings. Having said that, I think that our losses to Port & Fremantle and the closeness of our game against Carlton were significantly due to poor goal kicking. Assuming a reversion to the mean I'm hoping that wil turn around!

For me St Kilda are currently not trending well but will go ahead of us if they beat Sydney and we lose to Collingwood. Both those games are 50/50 I think. Our percentage is a big factor because we should be ahead of whoever finishes on the same number of wins as us at season's end. I agree with you that finishing 2nd would be brilliant as we would be playing either Port or Brisbane in Melbourne and then if we win Port or Brisbane again in a Prelim. Also I don't think Brisbane or Port are unbeatable away in a Qualifying or Preliminary Final.

Check the ladder please SD  If we lose to Pies and Saints win (no great certainty) then our % would still have us above them.

Granted they would have a match in hand but its no certainty that they will take advantage of this. Crucial game at Marvel vs Saints might be decider for Top4 later in season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 58er said:

Check the ladder please SD  If we lose to Pies and Saints win (no great certainty) then our % would still have us above them.

Granted they would have a match in hand but its no certainty that they will take advantage of this. Crucial game at Marvel vs Saints might be decider for Top4 later in season.

Sorry 58er. I was getting a bit ahead of myself. St Kilda would need to beat Richmond in R14 to get a game clear. So they need to win the next 2 weeks and we need to lose against Collingwood. I agree St Kilda are no certainty against either Sydney or Richmond. I don't see St Kilda as our biggest threat long-term.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm almost certainly alone with this, but I think a team with a talented list like ours can win the flag from outside the top 4 if they get their preparation right.  I actually think with the current finals structure, there is very little difference finishing 4th to finishing 5th and 6th.  Nailing the preparation fitness wise, being in form and having the right players available is more important than ladder position.  I certainly won't be giving up hope of a flag if we don't make top 4.

Edited by Vipercrunch
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2023 at 10:19 PM, WalkingCivilWar said:

What’s logical to one person might be illogical to another. Perception being reality, who’s to say which of these two people are right?

From now on you want to be called Loretta right?

 

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sydney_Demon said:

Sorry 58er. I was getting a bit ahead of myself. St Kilda would need to beat Richmond in R14 to get a game clear. So they need to win the next 2 weeks and we need to lose against Collingwood. I agree St Kilda are no certainty against either Sydney or Richmond. I don't see St Kilda as our biggest threat long-term.

I don't either Syd but beating them at Marvel would be a great fillip for the Top4 positions available.

I am very bullish after Frid night. Players that looked and played best and looked back to 2012 form and who are crucial to our cause were Fritta (very lively and jumpinh high for marks Would have got 4/5 goals if kicked straight. Should have handballed to Kyle for proper team play.

The others were Maysie and Rick Lever. Both looked in touch and obviously 3 genuine talls give them both much more confidence. Also Salo looked in good touch and his disposal was nearly back to its best. And Maxy came good in the last quarter and made sure we wouldnt lose.

Very impressed with both Judd and Rooy. Will be very disappointed if one or the other is not the Rising Star this week.  hard for them to perform at that level but both are at their stage and age fantastic chouces from JT and AL and both look like special players for our future.  Rooy is a generational player in the making IMO as he is so competitive and has so many strings to his bow.

Judd is just like Bowser he hardly makes an error and is a great team man and attacking player form our defence. He just won't stay still once he has the ball and plays on to our advantage.  They are two AA players of the future and future leadership options as they develop more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dino rover said:

From now on you want to be called Loretta right?

 

I have no idea what this means. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 minutes ago, Vipercrunch said:

I'm almost certainly alone with this, but I think a team with a talented list like ours can win the flag from outside the top 4 if they get their preparation right.  I of course hope we do finsih top 4, but I actually think with the current finals structure, there is very little difference finishing 4th to finishing 5th and 6th.  Nailing the preparation fitness wise, being in form and having the right players available is more important than ladder position.  I certainly won't be giving up hope of a flag if we don't make top 4.

@WheeloRatings has premiership odds for each ladder position as:

1: 31%
2: 24%
3: 17%
4: 14%
5: 5%
6: 4%
7: 3%
8: 2%

Assuming no home ground advantage, each team has equal ability, etc. etc. (i.e. a 50/50 chance for each game) the odds are 18.75% for positions 1-4, 6.25% for positions 5-8. I know Western Bulldogs came from 7th in 2016, but for 22 of the past 23 years (basically the current finals system) the winner has come from the top 3. Whichever way you look at it it's indisputable that there's a huge difference between 4th & 5th. I know there's been a lot of rubbish written over the past 2 years that Richmond can win from anywhere and the same thinking this year for Geelong. Maybe they're exceptional teams but any team from outside the Top 4 has the odds stacked against it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 58er said:

I don't either Syd but beating them at Marvel would be a great fillip for the Top4 positions available.

I am very bullish after Frid night. Players that looked and played best and looked back to 2012 form and who are crucial to our cause were Fritta (very lively and jumpinh high for marks Would have got 4/5 goals if kicked straight. Should have handballed to Kyle for proper team play.

The others were Maysie and Rick Lever. Both looked in touch and obviously 3 genuine talls give them both much more confidence. Also Salo looked in good touch and his disposal was nearly back to its best. And Maxy came good in the last quarter and made sure we wouldnt lose.

Very impressed with both Judd and Rooy. Will be very disappointed if one or the other is not the Rising Star this week.  hard for them to perform at that level but both are at their stage and age fantastic chouces from JT and AL and both look like special players for our future.  Rooy is a generational player in the making IMO as he is so competitive and has so many strings to his bow.

Judd is just like Bowser he hardly makes an error and is a great team man and attacking player form our defence. He just won't stay still once he has the ball and plays on to our advantage.  They are two AA players of the future and future leadership options as they develop more.

Love your positivity 58er! I agree with you about Judd McVee especially. He has been a revelation. He's seems to have so much time, makes great decisions under pressure, and has elite skills. I watched most Casey games last year and didn't see this coming. He's probably proof that different types of players with attributes that make you an AFL player don't necessarily star at VFL level where those skills aren't so crucial. I also agree that JVR's game this week was a big step up. 
    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I have no idea what this means. 

what I want to be a woman from now on I want you all to call me Loretta. what it's my right as a man well why'd you want to be Loretta. Stan. I want to have babies

You want to have babies , you can't have babies

Don't oppress me.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sydney_Demon said:

@WheeloRatings has premiership odds for each ladder position as:



Assuming no home ground advantage, each team has equal ability, etc. etc. (i.e. a 50/50 chance for each game) the odds are 18.75% for positions 1-4, 6.25% for positions 5-8. I know Western Bulldogs came from 7th in 2016, but for 22 of the past 23 years (basically the current finals system) the winner has come from the top 3. Whichever way you look at it it's indisputable that there's a huge difference between 4th & 5th. I know there's been a lot of rubbish written over the past 2 years that Richmond can win from anywhere and the same thinking this year for Geelong. Maybe they're exceptional teams but any team from outside the Top 4 has the odds stacked against it.

I would love to know why any useful analysis of chances of sucsess would make those assumptions.  We spend an entire season to put the teams in order, so why do this sort of analysis with them as equal?  1st playing 4th at home clearly has a better than 50:50 chance of winning, as does 5th playing 8th.

AFL.com only have records going back to 2012, but in 7 of those 11 seasons (64%), at least one team outside the top 4 has made the PF, so ladder position after the H&A is clearly not the be all and end all.  Last year we finsihed 2nd but our fitness and form was way off and we went out in straight sets.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dino rover said:

From now on you want to be called Loretta right?

 

 

50 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I have no idea what this means. 

 

20 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

what I want to be a woman from now on I want you all to call me Loretta. what it's my right as a man well why'd you want to be Loretta. Stan. I want to have babies

You want to have babies , you can't have babies

Don't oppress me.

Thanks for the explanation, YearOfTheDees. However, I’m still none the wiser as to what that has to do with anything. Ever the inquisitive one, I’m hoping Dino can…

image.gif.2dbc848419bab55cacf9d0477a4898b2.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

what I want to be a woman from now on I want you all to call me Loretta. what it's my right as a man well why'd you want to be Loretta. Stan. I want to have babies

You want to have babies , you can't have babies

Don't oppress me.

https://www.google.com/search?q=loretta+skit+life+of+brian&rlz=1C1UEAD_en-GBAU987AU987&oq=loretta+skit+life+of+brian&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30.12160j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:81dd24a9,vid:jlo7YZW8vPA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vipercrunch said:

I would love to know why any useful analysis of chances of sucsess would make those assumptions.  We spend an entire season to put the teams in order, so why do this sort of analysis with them as equal?  1st playing 4th at home clearly has a better than 50:50 chance of winning, as does 5th playing 8th.

AFL.com only have records going back to 2012, but in 7 of those 11 seasons (64%), at least one team outside the top 4 has made the PF, so ladder position after the H&A is clearly not the be all and end all.  Last year we finsihed 2nd but our fitness and form was way off and we went out in straight sets.

I'm not saying those odds are correct. I stated them because simple mathematics which anyone can understand produces the numbers. It beats sticking your finger up in the air and taking a guess:

5th to 8th have to win 4 games in a row: 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/16 or 6.25%
1st to 4th win 3 games in a row: 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/8 or lose the 1st then 3 games in a row: 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/16. 1/8 + 1/16 = 3/16 or 18.75%

It overstate the odds of lower teams winning (as you've said). Wheelo's odds make more sense to me. What both show is that  it's very difficult to win from 5th or below because you have to win 4 matches. 

A sample of 11 years is tiny but putting that aside for the moment, every year there are 2 semi-finals, featuring one losing qualifying finalist and 1 winning elimination finalist. There have been 22 games. The losing qualifying finalist would be favourites most times, but even assuming say a 30% chance of the lower team winning (let alone 50%) that produces 6.6 (7 rounded up) winners. So the numbers you have quoted don't surprise me. That doesn't equate to winning a premiership. It means you've won the first 2 of 4 games (the easiest 2 in reality).

I'm not saying statistics are infallible. Obviously some teams finishing 5th to 8th are better than others. Some teams finishing 2nd are worse than others (or have injury concerns). Playing home/away finals comes into it so it depends which teams from which State finish where and who they play. Top 4 sides going out in straight sets would be expected to be pretty common (as there's 4 teams in this category every year, 2 of them lose qualifiers, and play in semis where they can potentially go out even as favourites).

In summary, anyone can win who makes the finals, just like any horse can win that's entered in a race. The reality is in the past 23 years there have been 8 winners who were minor premiers, 7 winners from 2nd, 7 winners from 3rd, 1 from 7th. Lots of lower teams gave made prelims, even grand finals (most recently Western Bulldogs in 2021) but the evidence/statistical analysis s strongly support the fact that a Top 4 finish is pretty much crucial. 

Edited by Sydney_Demon
Typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Thank you.

It is the simplest Excel Table possible.  Takes no time at all.

Just a reordering of the AFL Fixture in Ladder order, using the 'copy/paste' function.  Then add red and blue and some random colours for highlights.

Same approach for the 'Contracts' Table.

They say a genius makes complicated things look simple 🙂

Seriously though it's a good skill to have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, layzie said:

They say a genius makes complicated things look simple 🙂

Seriously though it's a good skill to have.

Love you too, Layzie ❤️💙.

A simple Excel table earns me such undeserved flattery, albeit in jest!.  But I'll take it.🙃

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


16 hours ago, Sydney_Demon said:

Love your positivity 58er! I agree with you about Judd McVee especially. He has been a revelation. He's seems to have so much time, makes great decisions under pressure, and has elite skills. I watched most Casey games last year and didn't see this coming. He's probably proof that different types of players with attributes that make you an AFL player don't necessarily star at VFL level where those skills aren't so crucial. I also agree that JVR's game this week was a big step up. 
    

I think the style of player that he is doesn't really suit the slog of VFL 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a view that after Fridays solid if wasteful game

The Dees will beat Collingwood and easily account for subsequent teams to finish 1 or 2 

Team and Goodwin is timing the run home

Watch this space The Dees will play grand final !!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/5/2023 at 3:31 PM, Redleg said:

Do you make charts or graphs for a living?

I couldn't do it and wouldn't have the patience either.

Well done. 

Not directly nor even indirectly related but this comment reminds me of one of my pet hates of how poor the typical AFL sports writer is at presenting info.  Sometimes, it is necessary to scroll through reams of data when they could put it into a table and it be so much more easily understood.

eg Fox footy have 15 tipsters fox-footy-afl-tipping-for-round-11-2023-expert-tips and there are about 10 pages on a laptop to scroll through.   Many many more on a mobile device.

How much more meaningful would this be:

image.png.d81ce2724e68d742d7b5058903935b65.png

And that is without making it 'pretty'.

It isn't just Fox - all mainstream AFL outlets do a very poor job converting data to information in easily digestible formats.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Not directly nor even indirectly related but this comment reminds me of one of my pet hates of how poor the typical AFL sports writer is at presenting info.  Sometimes, it is necessary to scroll through reams of data when they could put it into a table and it be so much more easily understood.

eg Fox footy have 15 tipsters fox-footy-afl-tipping-for-round-11-2023-expert-tips and there are about 10 pages on a laptop to scroll through.   Many many more on a mobile device.

How much more meaningful would this be:

image.png.d81ce2724e68d742d7b5058903935b65.png

And that is without making it 'pretty'.

It isn't just Fox - all AFL outlets do a very poor job converting data to information in easily digestible formats.

One of my favourite Ted talks of all time :) - (have I ever mentioned I've stood on the red dot as well?)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

One of my favourite Ted talks of all time :) - (have I ever mentioned I've stood on the red dot as well?)

 

Thank you.  Excellent!! Hadn't heard of him before.  I can 100% identify with what he says.

I guess being a 'visual learner' makes it easier for me to see the info in data and relationships between different sets of info.  Excel and other tools help present it in more digestible formats.

But I didn't hear him speak of the 'red dot'.  A 'red dot' for me is when a piece of art in an exhibition is sold....

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

oBhT2y2.jpg

This looks trickier than your brainteasers, Mr D!

What am I missing about the red dot (when not in an art gallery)??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    TRAINING: Friday 19th April 2024

    They are out for a run just as it starts raining. It didn't last long, ended up a reasonable session weather wise.  Light duties, BBB, rehab Farris-White, Melky, Salem and Spargo, all with private trainers. They are all playing soccer, huge amount of noise. 36-40 (difficult to get a count) in the main squad, biggest I've seen it in ages. Choco is barking out the orders. Goody has intense body language as he observes. Bowey in a lime green cap (no contact), and in the sim

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    ICEBREAKER by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons have broken the ice for season 2024 with a pulsating come-from-behind victory over Port Melbourne in which it took the lead for the first time at the halfway mark of the final quarter. The game played in mild Autumn conditions in neutral territory at Kinetic Park, Frankston, never reached great heights in standard but it proved gripping in character at the end at the Casey Demons overcame the Borough to win by 15 points after trailing badly early in the second half.  P

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    MAULED by Whispering Jack

    The writing was on the wall from the very first bounce of the football. The big men went up, Max Gawn more often than not, decisively won the ruck hit out and invariably a Brisbane Lions onballer either won the battle on the ground or halved the contest and they went at it repeatedly until they finally won out. Melbourne managed the first goal from Alex Neal-Bullen but after that the visitors shut out every area of Demon presence around the ground except in the ruck duels. It was a mauling.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 4

    PREGAME: Rd 07 vs Richmond

    The Demons have a bye next week and have a 13 day break before they return to the MCG on ANZAC Eve to take on the Tigers. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 198

    PODCAST: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 15th April @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Lions in the Round 05. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIV

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 53

    VOTES: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    Last week Christian Petracca retook the outright lead in the Demonland Player of the Year Award from Max Gawn, Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 44

    POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demons 4 game winning streak has come to an end after a disappointing loss against the Brisbane Lions at the MCG going down by 22 points. 

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 505

    GAMEDAY: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    It's Game Day & Demons have a great opportunity to win their fifth game on the trot and go into the bye with 5 wins and one loss when they take on the Brisbane Lions at the MCG on the Thursday night big stage.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 833

    TRAINING: Wednesday 10th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Demon Dynasty were once again on hand at this morning's Captain's Run at Gosch's Paddock to bring you their observations from training. KEV MARTIN'S CAPTAIN'S RUN OBSERVATIONS No-one in rehab this morning, a Captain's run, 26 players. Laurie, Tomlinson, Tholstrup, Chandler, Woey, and Kossie are out there. Rehabbers are out now. Marty, McAdam, Melky, Bowey, Sestan. As a guess for in and outs, I would say, out Laurie, Tomlinson, and W

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

  • Podcast 

  • Podcast 

  • Podcast Stream 


    Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  



  • 2021 Premiership  

  • Social Media 

  • Non MFC Games  

    NON-MFC: Round 06

    Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 06 ... READ MORE

    Demonland | Round 06

  • Training  

    Friday, 19th April 2024

    Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin headed down to Gosch's Paddock today to bring you his observations from training ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 19

  • Latest Podcast      

    PODCAST: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The boys dissected the disappointing loss to Brisbane rueing our poor work at the stoppages, debated the role that fatigue played and lamenting the loss of Christian Salem ... LISTEN

    Demonland | April 16

  • PreGame      

    PREGAME: Rd 06 vs Richmond

    The Demons have a bye next week and have a 13 day break before they return to the MCG on ANZAC Eve to take on the Tigers. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 16

  • Casey Report      

    ICE BREAKER by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons have broken the ice for season 2024 with a pulsating come-from-behind victory over Port Melbourne in which it took the lead for the first time at the halfway mark of the final quarter ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 14

  • Match Report      

    MAULED by Whispering Jack

    The writing was on the wall from the very first bounce of the football. The big men went up, Max Gawn more often than not, decisively won the ruck hit out and invariably a Brisbane Lions onballer either won the battle on the ground or halved the contest and they went at it repeatedly until they finally won out ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 12

  • Post Game      

    POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demons 4 game winning streak has come to an end after a disappointing loss against the Brisbane Lions at the MCG going down by 22 points ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Votes      

    VOTES: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    Last week Christian Petracca retook the outright lead in the Demonland Player of the Year Award from Max Gawn, Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Game Day      

    GAMEDAY: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    It's Game Day & the Demons have a great opportunity to win their fifth game on the trot and go into the bye with 5 wins and one loss when they take on the Brisbane Lions at the MCG on the Thursday night big stage ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Training  

    Wednesday, 10th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Demon Dynasty were once again on hand at this morning's Captain's Run at Gosch's Paddock to bring you their observations from training ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 10

  • Match Preview      

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Good evening, Demon fans and welcome to the Demonland 2024 Grand Final Podcast … It’s been a beautiful last day of September and how sweet it is to bring you our coverage of all things that matter about the great Demon resurgence which we’ve seen over the past six or seven months ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 09

  • Training  

    Sunday, 7th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin ventured down in the rain to Gosch's Paddock for the Demon Family Series April School Holiday Open Training session ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 07

  • Training  

    Monday, 1st April 2024

    Our man on the spot Bendigo Demon traveled to Adelaide for our back to back games in the City of Churches and brings you his observations from the Demon's training session at Hisense Stadium ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 01

  • Latest Podcast  

    PODCAST: Koltyn Tholstrup Interview

    I interview the Melbourne Football Club’s newest recruit Koltyn Tholstrup to have a chat about his journey from the farm to the Demons, his first few weeks of preseason training, which Dees have impressed him on the track and his aspirations of playing Round 1 ... LISTEN

    Demonland | December 14

  • Latest Podcast  

    PODCAST: Jason Taylor Interview

    I interview the Melbourne Football Club's National Recruitment Manager Jason Taylor to have a chat about our Trade and Draft period, our newest recruits, our recent recruits who have yet to debut as well as those father son prospects on the horizon ... LISTEN

    Demonland | November 27

  • Next Match 

    .

    Round 07

       vs   

    Wednesday 24th April 2024
    @ 07:25pm (MCG)

  • MFC Forum  

  • Match Previews & Reports  

  • Training Forum  

  • AFLW Forum  

  • 2024 Player Sponsorship

  • Topics

  • Injury List  


      PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
    Shane McAdam Hamstring 1-2 Weeks
    Marty Hore Thumb 1-2 Weeks
    Charlie Spargo Achilles 3 Weeks
    Christian Salem Hamstring 3-4 Weeks
    Jake Bowey Shoulder 4-5 Weeks
    Jake Melksham ACL 9-11 Weeks
    Joel Smith Suspension TBA

  • Player of the Year  


        PLAYER VOTES
    1 Max Gawn 67
    2 Christian Petracca 55
    3 Steven May 35
    4 Jack Viney 28
    5 Alex Neal-Bullen 27
    6 Clayton Oliver 22
    7 Bayley Fritsch 19
    8 Trent Rivers 16
    9 Judd McVee 15
    10 Kade Chandler 14

        FULL TABLE
  • Demonland Interviews 



  • Upcoming Events 

×
×
  • Create New...