Mclean and Green to play doogies

Dee1987

I went to the after match function today, and PJ was saying both Mclean and Green will be back next week, but Whelan the week after!! Good news on the injury front!

Who do you think will have to make way for green and mclean?

Don't think we will risk Brock next week. Make sure he is fit enough to play. No point rushing him in if he isn't fit, as he will just re-injure his hammy. Cant wait for him to come back though. Take the spirit we player with yesterday, add in Brock and Green to our team, and things are finally starting to look up :D

I am pumped about green and brock coming back, but i would LOVE to see newton have a run againstthe doggies. It wont happen, but he has kicked 11 goals in 2 weeks now. Thats 5.5 goals a game! Gotta give him a try!

Pickett, petterd, bruce are all a chance to miss.

Murphy is most likely out for the Doggies, which is terrible for him, but good for us. He always gives us problems.

So that, plus the fact that everyone escaped suspensions means that maybe our luck is changing.

I would like to see Green and Brock given another week....

Give Buckley and Juice a run against the dogs.... Unless Bruce and/or Petterd don't come up then I would play Green but still leave Brock for a week longer....

Bate must be played off the HFF for the remainder of the year!! He resents well and unlike Miller, can take a contested grab on the run!

mcclean im doubtful on, would they even take him to perth?

I honestly reckon that they will leave him out of this weeks game against the Dogs and as long as Jones is playing the way he is in the middle, they will not risk Brock in Perth either.... It may sound ridiculous to leave our hardest and most inspirational midfielder out of the side when he is quite possibly fit enough to play, but the soft tissue injuries that he keeps re-injuring must really be worrying the club! Let him get cherry rip before we bring him back...

That is my opinion anyway.... I love Brock just as much as the rest of you, but in all seriousness, we are not exactly in a position to play 85% fit players.... We won't be Top 4 like the coaching staff had hoped, so let's not pretend like we are! Bring on 2008 and let's just enjoy the ride for the rest of 2007.... If the boys play with the heart that they did against the Power then we will win more than we lose over the remainder of this season!

It may sound ridiculous to leave our hardest and most inspirational midfielder out of the side when he is quite possibly fit enough to play, but the soft tissue injuries that he keeps re-injuring must really be worrying the club! Let him get cherry rip before we bring him back...

it wasnt a soft tissue injury it was a broken bone so that concern is invalid. if its a bone its either healed or its not. if its healed the issue is fitness. it wont be a worry about reinjuring him...

it wasnt a soft tissue injury it was a broken bone so that concern is invalid. if its a bone its either healded or its not. if its healed the issue is fitness. it wont be a worry about reinjuring him...

But he could do a hammy or a groin if he is pushed to do too much upon his return.

Remember, he has had 6 weeks off where he wasn't able to do any running, kicking etc etc...

I know that he is far far too good to play in the VFL, but it might be good to ease him back. Alternatively, he will be played cautiously for a week or two, which is fine. 60% of game time from McLean is better than 100% of game time from most players.

green is a definite, isnt even listed on the injury list anymore...brock mclean could go either way, but i think if he is fit they will bring him back (i mean both healed and fit). does anyone know how long he has been training for?

opps here is the list...

Russell Robertson - Knee - 3 weeks

Clint Bartram - Knee - 4 weeks

Brock McLean - Foot - Test

Paul Wheatley - Shoulder - Test

Matthew Whelan - Hamstring - 1 week

Isaac Weetra - Wrist - 5 weeks

newton has 3 weeks to get a gig at afl i reckon and then his chances for this season are seriously diminished...

Ward and Green are the ins, with Byron and Petterd missing out.

Yep, that would make sense... except for the part where Ward is getting a run, but we knew that yesterday.

Pickett needs to get himself fit ASAP. He is an important part of the side, when he can run for more than 10 minutes that is.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.