Trade Rumours 2023

Nascent

Strikes me that the clubs have lost control of the trade process (did they ever have it). Now it is simply a case of Player X of Club A saying I want to go to Club Y and Club A is forced to deal.

The only buffer is how many years left on Player X's contract but even that seems to count for little.

Were we to remove the need for player consent what would happen. Draftees have no say in where they go. Sure throw in some relocation costs but there has to be another way

• Like 2

If they are not careful and they ‘re-pick up’ a disgruntled player on the draft to spite them this will lead to a ‘restraint of trade’ lawsuit similar to the Bosman ruling that changed world football forever - your contract is up? That’s it- you can go anywhere.

The AFL mediator will step in and sort it out. He’s 28, OOC, not happy, wants to move to a club, more than appropriate compensation has been offered…

It will get sorted.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 7
  • Thinking 2

1 minute ago, rpfc said:

If they are not careful and they ‘re-pick up’ a disgruntled player on the draft to spite them this will lead to a ‘restraint of trade’ lawsuit similar to the Bosman ruling that changed world football forever - your contract is up? That’s it- you can go anywhere.

The AFL mediator will step in and sort it out. He’s 28, OOC, not happy, wants to move to a club, more than appropriate compensation has been offered…

It will get sorted.

How embarrassment for Adelaide if a mediator needs to get involved. You’d think we are dealing with a trade for Marcus Bontempelli for goodness sake. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rpfc said:

It will get sorted.

God forbid the AFL can no longer fabricate the desired outcomes (like Norfs compo)

Actually that wouldn't be so bad.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2023 at 11:00, Half forward flank said:

If we think Petty was the player who might have made the difference in two tight finals for next year at least he is untradeable

That only looks at one side of the equation and in retrospect.

it all depends on what we get in return

• Like 1

Independently, various of the trade journos/experts had us going hard for Lynch but also asking the question of Mckay and Hawkins. Take with a grain of salt of course but these kinds of rumours have been coming up fairly often. Who knows if there's anything in them, but a bit of smoke around.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Thus is interesting..

Pick 1 and Darling for Pick 6 and JVR. Go big on King next year. Have plenty of Cap space. Good chance Curtain will be available for them at P6.

Edited by djr
  • Facepalm 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Vomit 9

9 minutes ago, djr said:

Pick 1 and Darling for Pick 6 and JVR. Go big on King next year. Have plenty of Cap space. Good chance Curtain will be available for them at P6.

I've had a few glasses of wine so will try temper myself. Why the [censored] would any [censored] [censored] [censored] offer JVR up for trade what the [censored] is wrong with you [censored] [censored] [censored]

• Like 5
  • Haha 11
  • Clap 5

11 minutes ago, djr said:

If Petty's going to leave anyway, I'd rather Petty for 10, 20 and McAdam, then pass 6 and 10 and future first to WC for Darling and 1.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Clayton van Oliver said:

I've had a few glasses of wine so will try temper myself. Why the [censored] would any [censored] [censored] [censored] offer JVR up for trade what the [censored] is wrong with you [censored] [censored] [censored]

It’s 8:10am CVO!! Put the bottle down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

13 hours ago, rpfc said:

It will get sorted.

We are a more than generous club to deal with, we don't pontificate and demand ridiculous picks/players like the Essendon, Freo and now the Crows. Stuff them they want a player we don't want give them a player, we've offered a 2nd round pick more than fair. Tell em "they're dreaming".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

31 is not too old. Look at Hawkins. Tex Walker looked done but has just had a career best season at the age of 33.

Let the medical team run the rule over him. If they think he has gas left in the tank and can stay fit for a couple of more seasons, then he could be a good option. absolutely depends on his body. If we think it'll hold up then go for it.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Clayton van Oliver said:

Trying to pick this apart..

So in other words you don't want to trade JVR....?

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, BDA said:

31 is not too old. Look at Hawkins. Tex Walker looked done but has just had a career best season at the age of 33.

Let the medical team run the rule over him. If they think he has gas left in the tank and can stay fit for a couple of more seasons, then he could be a good option. absolutely depends on his body. If we think it'll hold up then go for it.

Yeah I'm not against this.

Fresh start in a new environment could rejuvenate him. 

Trust me, ask yourself, who you would you have rather in our finals this year playing up forward? Tmac or Darling..?

I know who'd i rather..

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 8

Darling should just be steak knives to any deal, so not sure how WCE think it will help bring in a raft of early picks as the headline suggests. I’d give a late 2nd rounder for him at the most. 

Or it could be pick 1, Darling and future 3rd rounder as an example, for pick 6, 11 and future first rounder.

• Clap 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Clayton van Oliver said:

Does this mean you don't like the idea?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2