Petracca on 360

Demonsone

4 minutes ago, Abyssal said:

Late last year I was concerned about the apparent  ‘never ending’ Premiership celebratory caravan that toured the State.

Recollect it went into the new year (?)

Should been done and dusted by the start of November  (for the players/coaches at least) 

Agree, unfortunately with covid & lockdowns December mcg celebrations just seemed to carry on on too long & sportsman’s nights players were doing.. ultimately the review will highlight & there’s a real concern on our fitness was it their program by Griffiths or player behaviour?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Demonsone said:

Listening to Trac on 360 seemed as though the players may have taken their season for granted??

That's not really what I took any of that as, at all.

Seemed more like he was saying they took the good times last year for granted, not this season. He said they trained harder than ever this year - not something you'd do/say if you were taking the season for granted.

Think you're trying to create something that isn't there.

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Abyssal said:

Late last year I was concerned about the apparent  ‘never ending’ Premiership celebratory caravan that toured the State.

Should been done and dusted by the start of November  (for the players/coaches at least) 

How do you propose they had it 'done and dusted by the start of November' when there were still lockdowns up until what, February? The fans all missed out, the fans that had waited 57 years, and you want the celebrations to wrap up before the fans in the heartland even get a chance to celebrate? Ridiculous call.

I don't recall the players and coaches touring the state either, that was club reps and the premiership cup as far as I can recall.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I didn’t interpret any of this as taking anything for granted.

I love the way Tracc says ‘versed’ when he’s talking about teams we’ve played against. Reminds me he’s just a big kid. He’s a good guy.

I also like that he refers to himself as an optimist. That’ll stand him in good stead for life.

All that video reminded me is that we’ve got a ripper.

• Like 17
  • Love 2
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

How do you propose they had it 'done and dusted by the start of November' when there were still lockdowns up until what, February? The fans all missed out, the fans that had waited 57 years, and you want the celebrations to wrap up before the fans in the heartland even get a chance to celebrate? Ridiculous call.

I don't recall the players and coaches touring the state either, that was club reps and the premiership cup as far as I can recall.

Can we just accept that we were good this year, just not good enough.  The standard across the board in the AFL was the best I've seen in decades. As a club, we had a fair bit to do with that as teams copy the way Premiers play. We were also studied by the opposition and tactics were developed to counter our strengths.

A drop off in a fanatical desire to win is usually sub concious. You truly believe you are doing everything the same but that 'first' has been achieved. It is not a matter of lacking the want, or a character flaw as such, and it's certainly not because the club did the right thing by members by taking the cup on tour.

This year the players knew we can win it, not just have a belief. The fact we didn't will be the strongest motivating factor going forward. I suspect they will give us what we all want again in '23

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

1. My recollection differs, I believe it was a group of six or so players at a time with Goodwin included sometimes.

2. Perhaps try reading what I said more carefully,  ie “done and dusted” by November (((( for the players/coaches at least ))))  The celebrations could have continued without them. The cup being centre of attention.

3. Whilst the Premiership was coveted even more than normal, considering 57 years of disappointment for long suffering fans, myself included, I don’t recall other premiership clubs going to the same  public extent of celebration.

3. If it had any affect on the outcome of 2022  [ mindset ] ( I believe it may have ) I’m quite sure that most fans would have happily forgiven the players for cutting short their celebrations/ commercial venture ( I suspect ) instead of now having the strong sense of disappointment and feeling the club under achieved this year.

PS .   Everyone has , and is , entitled to their opinion. In the infrequent / minimal number of posts I’ve submitted, I don’t believe I’ve told someone their opinion was a “ridiculous call”. I believe I have been respectful of others , and will continue to do so,  you being the exception however.

PS. Don’t bother ‘face palming’, if you have something to say it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Abyssal said:

1. My recollection differs, I believe it was a group of six or so players at a time with Goodwin included sometimes.

Not my recollection at all. The cup toured around with club reps. Goody and co have done numerous sports nights etc, but that's standard fare during any season. Hardly think that would have any impact on their 2022 performance.

2. Perhaps try reading what I said more carefully,  ie “done and dusted” by November (((( for the players/coaches at least ))))  The celebrations could have continued without them. The cup being centre of attention.

Perhaps try reading my reply more carefully. There's a LOT of context around why it couldn't be done and dusted by November. That being said, the cup clearly WAS the centre of attention once preseason got going.

3. Whilst the Premiership was coveted even more than normal, considering 57 years of disappointment for long suffering fans, myself included, I don’t recall other premiership clubs going to the same  public extent of celebration.

There's a Premiership Cup tour every year.

This is clearly an unusual circumstance given COVID.

3. If it had any affect on the outcome of 2022  [ mindset ] ( I believe it may have ) I’m quite sure that most fans would have happily forgiven the players for cutting short their celebrations/ commercial venture ( I suspect ) instead of now having the strong sense of disappointment and feeling the club under achieved this year.

Trac literally said they trained harder than ever this year. It's all in your own mind.

I believe I have been respectful of others , and will continue to do so,  you being the exception however.

Lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Nev said:

Seemed more like he was saying they took the good times last year for granted, not this season. He said they trained harder than ever this year - not something you'd do/say if you were taking the season for granted.

Fair call , maybe taking the good times for granted transferred over to other parts, interested to see if they release any findings of their review in what caused thx fade-outs in 7 games they list the same way after leading at 1/2 time 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demonsone said:

Listening to Trac on 360 seemed as though the players may have taken their season for granted??

I didn’t get that impression at all. The boys trained really hard last Summer and they all turned up to training fit and ready to go. 
This year we had an unsettled backline all year (Salem, Hibbo and Petty all missed large chunks of the year) Our CHF went down and did not return 

Sydney and Jeelong have had luck on their side with injuries this year. 
We had it in’21

I have never questioned the committment of the players 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Lord Nev said:

Come on LN . . . the is Demonland. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Abyssal said:

Partially agree.

However the 'never ending' Premiership celebratory caravan were for the majority of Melbourne people that missed out on seeing the GF and/or experienced the Sunday celebrations.

Had it not been for COVID, it would have been done and dusted by the start of November.

• Like 3

I reckon we played this season as if we had one hand on the cup and it was up to other teams to try to get it off us.

But ... it wasn't last year's cup we were playing for. It was this year's, and no team had any hand on it. It was in a cupboard at AFL house and all teams started equal in the race to get it.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

I reckon we played this season as if we had one hand on the cup and it was up to other teams to try to get it off us.

But ... it wasn't last year's cup we were playing for. It was this year's, and no team had any hand on it. It was in a cupboard at AFL house and all teams started equal in the race to get it.

Ahhh, the ol they were complacent reason.

Just confirming they were complacent at

0-0

5-0

10-0

12-3

16-6

• Like 3

On 9/23/2022 at 2:31 PM, The heart beats true said:

I didn’t interpret any of this as taking anything for granted.

I love the way Tracc says ‘versed’ when he’s talking about teams we’ve played against. Reminds me he’s just a big kid. He’s a good guy.

I also like that he refers to himself as an optimist. That’ll stand him in good stead for life.

All that video reminded me is that we’ve got a ripper.

No learnings thank god.