GAMEDAY: SF vs Brisbane

Whispering_Jack

3 minutes ago, praha said:

So is anyone at all confident?

Come on, fess up.

I'm confident we will win this game.

Not as confident as i was last week, or for the round 23 game. But confident nonetheless.

If we win, I'm confident we will beat the cats too.

That said, i feel sick in the guts at the thought of the season ending tonight (and i worry the players might too - which is one reason I'm not as confident about tonight as i was for the round 23 game)

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Me.  Very confident.

Well that has lifted me from despondent to hopeful LH. You are usually a good judge.  

Edited by old dee
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, daisycutter said:

i can see 2, maybe 3 gingers in that pic, wcw. so, which one is the famous wcw?

We're not done yet..? Subliminally acknowledging there's been problems?

It would read differently next week  if they were straight into the Prelim .

Strange...and they haven't mentioned the Queen!

Edited by IRW

7 minutes ago, IRW said:

We're not done yet..? Subliminally acknowledging there's been problems?

It would read differently next week  if they were straight into the Prelim .

Strange...and they haven't mentioned the Queen!

“We’re not done yet” is open to interpretation.  Either we are not dead yet (which is not very positive) or we will do more (which is positive)     Let’s hope the players read it the latter way.  

23 minutes ago, praha said:

Come on, fess up.

I haven't been confident of a win in half a season if I'm being honest.

We are not running out games or dominating anywhere near as much as we were last year. 

Brisbane's poor record at the MCG, in finals  and against us is the only thing that makes me feel hopeful. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, binman said:

I'm confident we will win this game.

Not as confident as i was last week, or for the round 23 game. But confident nonetheless.

If we win, I'm confident we will beat the cats too.

That said, i feel sick in the guts at the thought of the season ending tonight (and i worry the players might too - which is one reason I'm not as confident about tonight as i was for the round 23 game)

Brisbane winning last week and finally getting over their elimination final hoodoo helps us. The pressure is all on us tonight. 

We won't want to go out in straight sets and without Daniher the pressure is even greater on us to win and win well. Hopefully the boys woke up today and realised this is it. Time to pull the finger out because this season is done otherwise, and all the hard work has been for nothing. 

• Like 1

As I said in a few other threads, a win is just simply expected tonight. I can’t remember the last time a finalist was >$4 to win a final. Even we were close to $2 against West Coast in the PF in 2018!

A loss will be a complete disaster for this footy club after starting 10-0 and finishing 2nd.

Just get it done and we’ll be back where we rightly belong - playing in a PF.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Definitely. We would always do a show to both sides if we could. But even if it’s not raining or not too windy, if the grass is wet a show is not likely, which sucks because the pic side of it and/or the non-advertisement side is always facing the race. Therefore not everyone gets to appreciate how amazing it is. 

Love your work WCW

• Like 1
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, praha said:

Come on, fess up.

Hard to be confident when we’ve only won 6 out of our last 13 matches…

We should win tonight. It’s an outright disaster if we don’t. 10-0 to straight sets out of finals with repeat home finals would be trash, Brisbane level trash ironically. Just get it done boys.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, sue said:

“We’re not done yet” is open to interpretation.  Either we are not dead yet (which is not very positive) or we will do more (which is positive)     Let’s hope the players read it the latter way.  

Which is why I distinguished it from a sudden death chance after a loss or an opportunity to go into the Grand Final following  a win and a week off.

Mind you I doubt they bother to read it

Edited by IRW

3 hours ago, layzie said:

I would really like it to NOT be close. A win with minimal effort would be much better. 

Agreed. I'd like to see us so far in front that we play the last quarter with 6-2-4 rather than 6-6-6 with 10 on the bench.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Go those um Demons what.

Ii Geelong bad ...I hadn't read the news.

Anyway without sounding harsh 96 is a good inningsxwhen I think of so many poor mfc players who went so young. 

But vale Que2.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rednblueriseing said:

Geelong will be shivering in their boots in a few hours as we smash the lions with big Max BOG Leading into a prelim 

I hope you wake in time to get to the game tonight!!!!

• Haha 3

I'm glad Joe Daniher's absence is due to his partner going into labour. I had terrible thought it might be Neale getting worse. Hope he's doing well and comes along tonight to cheer the boys. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Bike ride this morning, followed by early afternoon nap. About to have afternoon tea ... tea + orange cake. 

Goin right off in Northcote.

Pre match dinner at Mountain View Hotel ...

Pumped ... 

A loss tonight would be a massive disappointment.

• Love 3