Jump to content

  • Podcast:      

  • Podcast:     

NON-MFC: Round 16, 2022



Recommended Posts

Just watching the match now on Fox. What's with the very loud music after every goal. Absolutely deafening.

  • Like 1
  • Vomit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



8 hours ago, The heart beats true said:

David King has made a career out of making simple things seem complicated. If he never spoke about football again no one would ever notice. He offers nothing, except to fill time pretending stats tell a story, and saying the word ‘brand’.

With his laptop in front of him

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


11 hours ago, Lord Travis said:

Dogs can’t win when they don’t win the free kick count 🤣

Also can't win when opposition doesn't allow their midfielders to have a clear run at the footy. If their midfield is even 2% down they are done for. It's why we smashed them in the grand final in the end. We were able to shut down their inside mid work and they fell apart like a cheap suit, because other than an elite midfield, they have nothing else. Their backline is bottom 4 stuff, and their mids only run one way. Naughton is a lone solider up forward, but his run and jump style is really easy to stop if the ball isn't coming in quick. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MT64 said:

Just watching the match now on Fox. What's with the very loud music after every goal. Absolutely deafening.

Some shocking choices for songs. When a Lions player kicks a goal they play a song chosen by that particular player. That’s their after  goal entertainment I guess.

Daniher went with a song from ‘Frozen’, some fans probably want certain players to stop kicking goals so they don’t have to hear the same stuff over and over again.

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Vomit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Some shocking choices for songs. When a Lions player kicks a goal they play a song chosen by that particular player. That’s their after  goal entertainment I guess.

Daniher went with a song from ‘Frozen’, some fans probably want certain players to stop kicking goals so they don’t have to hear the same stuff over and over again.

… which is surprising since he has awesome taste in music. I remember hearing him list bands that he loves and they were all very cool, imo anyways. And I thought, welp chalk that up as his one (and only) redeeming feature. 😁

Actually, not surprising. At least he gave it some thought, unlike most who are spoon-fed their music and go with Top 40 or the most recent winner of The Voice. Or Gold 104 “classic hits.”

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, rjay said:

Before his knee he looked ok & seemed to be on track but just seems to wonder around the ground aimlessly now. When the ball falls into his hands he wonders why his opponents are tackling him. Absolutely no intensity in his game at the moment.

He has been playing well, last night very quiet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, old55 said:

He has been playing well, last night very quiet.

I dunno. I've watched him the last few times and he's super ordinary, might get a cheap goal that's set up by a team mate, but that's about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, old55 said:

He has been playing well, last night very quiet.

I haven't seen a lot of him this year but he didn't do much against us and last night he was very average.

At this stage of his career with his ability and size he should really be imposing himself on games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Actually, not surprising. At least he gave it some thought, unlike most who are spoon-fed their music and go with Top 40 or the most recent winner of The Voice. Or Gold 104 “classic hits.”

Whats wrong with classic hits?  Burl Ives has some great songs

'A little bit of tear let me down, spoilt my act as a clown'.

Now thats a classic.

  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, rjay said:

I haven't seen a lot of him this year but he didn't do much against us and last night he was very average.

At this stage of his career with his ability and size he should really be imposing himself on games.

He was terrific in the first 5 or 6 games I reckon.

Agree, he was average in the last two but.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jontee said:

Whats wrong with classic hits?  Burl Ives has some great songs

'A little bit of tear let me down, spoilt my act as a clown'.

Now thats a classic.

Each to their own, Jontee. 🙂

And this is why I don’t think ANY music should be played at any stage at the footy. Simply because it’s impossible to play music that everyone’s into. So they go the popular route and trot out the same old same old. Just so happens I’m in a minority. The volume doesn’t bother me, it’s the selection that does. And that brings me back to Joe Daniher. It’s refreshing to see a young guy who is keen on alternative/indie music. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, old55 said:

Luke Beveridge is IMO the least effective coach in the AFL with Saints coach not far ahead. I think Bulldogs would be a much better club with even David Noble. And Bevo seems to get worse by the week. How he has survived after some of his crazy press conferences with his eyes darting comically left to right, looking for spies, is astounding.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

And this is why I don’t think ANY music should be played at any stage at the footy.

If they must then it should be aimed at 10 yr olds and younger.  Music from Bluey or Paw Patrol comes to mind.

On a slightly different note I think free kicks went 3+ in the Lions favour.

Has Bevo called for a  Royal Commission?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Jontee said:

On a slightly different note I think free kicks went 3+ in the Lions favour.

Has Bevo called for a  Royal Commission?

They ended up 18-15 in favour of the Lions, but at half time they were 14-7.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mauriesy said:

They ended up 18-15 in favour of the Lions, but at half time they were 14-7.

Ump's looked at the half time stat's and thought "we have gone too far" let's get them back into the game.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hipwood gets off with a fine for intentionally shoving his opponent into the umpire. That intentional act was far worse than lots of intentional in play acts that cause injury due to poor luck and cop suspensions. Absolutely absurd he gets off with a fine. Should have been a suspension.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s a large presence of human detritus in the vicinity of Marvel this evening. I mean, there’s always a lot but more than usual. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saints with a few good ins replacing poor players. Coming off a bed few weeks the Saints will win tonight

Blues can’t keep coping with 7-8 players out and Saints look good every few weeks

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Saints with a few good ins replacing poor players. Coming off a bed few weeks the Saints will win tonight

Blues can’t keep coping with 7-8 players out and Saints look good every few weeks

My wallet hopes your wrong.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Saints with a few good ins replacing poor players. Coming off a bed few weeks the Saints will win tonight

Blues can’t keep coping with 7-8 players out and Saints look good every few weeks

This is the Aints last chance, so you would hope for Ratts sake they show some fight. 
but it’s hard to see where it comes from

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

This is the Aints last chance, so you would hope for Ratts sake they show some fight. 
but it’s hard to see where it comes from

They won 5 in a row against decent teams. Struggle against poor teams

weird

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DubDee said:

They won 5 in a row against decent teams. Struggle against poor teams

weird

They hit rock Bottom over the last 2 weeks. Hard to see them clawing back. 
that Game against Port Adelaide in Cairns ripped them apart 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, MT64 said:

Just watching the match now on Fox. What's with the very loud music after every goal. Absolutely deafening.

And Gill the Dill wonders why there is a big drop off in attendances.  

He seems to think that this sort of crap enhances the "match day experience".  

I guess one doesn't hear it in a corporate box 

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lord Travis said:

Hipwood gets off with a fine for intentionally shoving his opponent into the umpire. That intentional act was far worse than lots of intentional in play acts that cause injury due to poor luck and cop suspensions. Absolutely absurd he gets off with a fine. Should have been a suspension.

Just saw on Fox this incident has now been sent to the tribunal.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...