POSTGAME: Rd 11 vs Fremantle

Demonland

2 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Ben Brown was nothing short of pathetic. So easily moved off the ball. Weideman not much better and his blunder kick on the 45 angle on the members wing was enough for me to write him off

He needs to tuck into some of TMac’s steaks

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

A lot of the pieces were in the wrong places today. We'll be fine. Reckon Goody didn't try much in the way of moves.

• Thinking 1

Really don't like criticising Demon players but to be honest I would play Mitch Brown or even risk blooding JVR before ever playing Weid again.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1

Our Key fwds were so poor for all 4 quarters. I watched Weed closely as I’ve always backed him. Freo didn’t even have a man within 10m of him. They knew he would do nothing. Brown was just as bad. At least contest guys!!

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

51 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

A terrible day from start to finish. 
Don’t want to panic but last year we didn’t lose to a single top 8 side.

We lost to both GWS and Doggies last year. Both made finals.

It was a bad showing, and we were due for one. Pity it was against a good side but at least the 'when will melbourne lose a game' [censored] is over.

Trac must be injured. 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

So many thoughts. Not only was that a wake up call to the team, we supporters, and the media, it’s a huge reality check. That second half was nigh on uncompetitive. Common impartial sense tells me Premiership aspirants don’t give up 12 goals to 1 in a half of footy. Is it a complete aberration, or are there genuine premiership-killing problems ? We’ll find out, maybe even next week, but I can’t remember seeing a capitulation like that for a long time, and in my gut, it feels like there might be trouble ahead. I’m glad they don’t have to carry the unbeaten tag any more, but the way they shed it genuinely asks enormous questions. 

• Like 10
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Clintosaurus said:

Have we started heavier training loads?

I wondered the same thing.

We were running up and down on the spot in the last.

And this was the point of the season last year that we started to look a bit cooked for a few weeks.

Edited by binman
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Freo didn’t even have a man within 10m of him.

I watched him too, and that quote above is pure nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People still happy we gifted Melksham games to get to 200? Bedford should have had his spot last week and Laurie or JVR should have it tonight. 2 touches in a half is poor. He gave us nothing

not saying he was the reason we lost but it’s like playing a man down. And he has played like this for 2+ years. No surprises 

31 minutes ago, leucopogon said:

Agreed about the dysfunctional tall forwards. JVR is surely a big chance of a debut if the poor form of Brown continues.  Can't wait to see how he goes when his chance comes. 

Surely Mitch gets the nod over Weid now.

Keep blooding JVR in the McGoos till he is truly set for the jump up to AFL.  Might be next season.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

So was at the game with our middle child who did her best to try my patience but was outdone by the Narrm boys! Thoughts….

- Weid was comprehensively and categorically beaten in all but one contest. So often he is beaten before the ball even gets to him. I would much prefer M Brown as he at least competes with more vigor than limp tissue paper.

- Why does a lead up forward (Brown) spend so much time in the middle of the ground or on the wing, only to have to run backwards into the forward line and then try to lead at the ball carrier? It doesn’t work. Can’t we leave at least one of Weid or Brown inside 50 when the ball is down the other end so somebody can lead at the ball?

- That’s the worst game I think I’ve witnessed from Petracca, nuff said

- Thought the crowd size was excellent for a Melb v Interstate team. Anyone know the exact number?

- hope the boys realize they need to pull their finger out now and get serious. Could easily drop a few in the next month if we don’t pull it back together quickly 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Webber said:

So what do you think of his game?

2 minutes ago, Webber said:

Okay we talking about the same bloke.  Was behind the cheer squad so can only attest to Q2 mainly. But I know what I saw 

4 minutes ago, DubDee said:

People still happy we gifted Melksham games to get to 200? Bedford should have had his spot last week and Laurie or JVR should have it tonight. 2 touches in a half is poor. He gave us nothing

not saying he was the reason we lost but it’s like playing a man down. And he has played like this for 2+ years. No surprises 

Thats the problem I can think of 3 non contributors without even trying.

I knw he hasn't had a good few weeks but the delivery did not help brown at all today. The ball just got bombed on top of him and freo players just punched it away. He never got the chance to lead and had players in his way.

I wouldn't drop him for next week. 

On another note it was disappointing to only kick 4 behinds in the final term. 

We didn't man up properly and just gave freo so much space and they led our players to the ball.

I'll be interested to hear Goody's comments after the game. 

Edited by dees189227
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

Our premiership defence and team overall was outscored 1 goal to 12 after half time.

Absolute outlier of a result even missing may and salem.

Freo are kidding Themselves if they think this will happen again. As are we from our side.

25 % of premiership team missing. Have faith for when the cavalry arrive. But we learned a bit more about weid(prior to his compulsory shift to defence) and dunstan.

And play BBB Like the suns did to naughton and He's in a bit of trouble unless We can fix it also.

Mate we still need to fix our entry to FWD 50 that's the main worry at the moment. It is disgraceful to be honest, can't remember more than a couple marks inside 50.

Of course our defence won't be exposed like that again, but if we can't pile up the goals we keep the opposition alive.

In the 2nd we missed at least a couple more goals, should've had a 40+ margin going to the HT. Who knows maybe that would've been enough to dampen Freos spirit.

3 minutes ago, loges said:

So what do you think of his game?

He had a horror, a shocker, just not sure why you need to literally make stuff up to make that point. 

1 minute ago, chook fowler said:

Ben Brown was even worse.

Ben Brown has that much more runs on the board than Weid Can't believe you'd even make that comment. Yes he was probably worse tonight but by what 2 possessions big deal

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, Webber said:

So many thoughts. Not only was that a wake up call to the team, we supporters, and the media, it’s a huge reality check. That second half was nigh on uncompetitive. Common impartial sense tells me Premiership aspirants don’t give up 12 goals to 1 in a half of footy. Is it a complete aberration, or are there genuine premiership-killing problems ? We’ll find out, maybe even next week, but I can’t remember seeing a capitulation like that for a long time, and in my gut, it feels like there might be trouble ahead. I’m glad they don’t have to carry the unbeaten tag any more, but the way they shed it genuinely asks enormous questions. 

Spot on, I don't mind losing but the capitulation that occurred once Freo got in front was embarrassing

• Like 3