Low Attendance

rpfc

Attendance excuses/reasons?  

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Maybe the chanting has disappeared because of the inane music clip played after we score a goal. Why is the music even thought to be a good idea? It's a complete emotion killer.

But we don’t just chant after goals. In fact, that’s the one time we DON’T chant since we’re all too busy waving flags and giant heads and floggers. Our guys who lead the chants never rest. And they’re not just random. The guys time them perfectly with the play.

If ppl can’t hear us that’s a shame because we simply can’t do any more. As it is, most of us wake up the following morning totally hoarse. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

But we don’t just chant after goals. In fact, that’s the one time we DON’T chant since we’re all too busy waving flags and giant heads and floggers. Our guys who lead the chants never rest. And they’re not just random. The guys time them perfectly with the play.

If ppl can’t hear us that’s a shame because we simply can’t do any more. As it is, most of us wake up the following morning totally hoarse. 

Then your son must luv the peace and quiet for a change on the morning after, WCW. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Neil Crompton said:

Then your son must luv the peace and quiet for a change on the morning after, WCW. 

Spot on NC! But never fear, I more than make up for it once my voice is restored. 😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Interesting hearing your take on life in the cheer squad WCW

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On Saturday I sat in the bay next to the cheer squad and was going bananas most of the game. Had a great group of fans around me who were all in good spirits. Crowd noise was great in the first half but definitely dropped off after half time (when we were getting pantsed).

I can an assure you the cheer squad were in fine voice and are NOT to blame for the the lack on noise.

Think the fans of anyside who has 8 kicked against them in a quarter goes pretty quiet and the team kicking 8 goals gets pretty rowdy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, loges said:

Interesting hearing your take on life in the cheer squad WCW

Thank you Loges 💕

While I haven’t been a member of the DA for long I’m already pretty much firmly entrenched. Reason being, there’s nothing half-ar*sed about being part of the cheer squad. It’s 100% unwavering commitment or don’t even bother to join. It’s so cool to hang with people as crazy in love with the Dees as I am. 😁

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, —coach— said:

On Saturday I sat in the bay next to the cheer squad and was going bananas most of the game. Had a great group of fans around me who were all in good spirits. Crowd noise was great in the first half but definitely dropped off after half time (when we were getting pantsed).

I can an assure you the cheer squad were in fine voice and are NOT to blame for the the lack on noise.

Think the fans of anyside who has 8 kicked against them in a quarter goes pretty quiet and the team kicking 8 goals gets pretty rowdy.

Awesome to be acknowledged. Much appreciated, Coach!

As you said, fans of the team getting pantsed will naturally be somewhat quieter. Not so with the cheer squad. Saturday was our first loss since I joined and if anything we were even louder than when winning. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I'm not sure we've ever been a loud and delirious crowd. 

I was at last week's game against North and barely heard boo from us. North on the other hand were quiet loud but that was mainly due to the umpiring decisions going against them.

The atmosphere for thr Carlton and Collingwood game yesterday was nuts..

Couldn't disagree more.

We've always made noise far louder than our numbers. The 2018 finals is a great example, but it's always happened.

I did notice on Saturday that the Melbourne crowd overall was quieter, but I think a lot of it was shock. The crowd just wasn't prepared for us to fall apart and there wasn't enough for us to get around before it was too late.

6 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Maybe the chanting has disappeared because of the inane music clip played after we score a goal. Why is the music even thought to be a good idea? It's a complete emotion killer.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I couldn't agree more on it.

I've said it before, the single worst thing to happen to football is "fan activations". People who are wholly disconnected from football making decisions about what fans want, almost always tied to music/video/demonstrations, rather than the actual [censored] game itself.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I'm not sure we've ever been a loud and delirious crowd. 

Whereas I agree totally.
We're a far more reserved supporter base than most IMO.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fork 'em said:

Whereas I agree totally.

I guess we do get booed at the cricket when not engaging in that exotic wave…

• Haha 1

I commented after the Hawthorn game how annoying some Melbourne supporters had become at the ground. If it wasn’t ‘perfect’ they got upset.

On the weekend it was eerily quite after halftime because we really didn’t fire a shot. I honestly think if we kicked the first goal of the last quarter it would have brought the crowd into it. Instead there was nothing to cheer. We got smashed all over the ground, and nobody stood up and tried to change momentum. Had Viney or Pickett ruffled some feathers the crowd would have brought in. The players looked so flat - so the supporters became really quite.

I don’t think that will happen again this year. I think if a team is coming at us Jack, Koz and Harmesy will scrap. Plenty of learnings there. Bring the crowd into the game - especially at home.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Fork 'em said:

Whereas I agree totally.

True. You hear oppo fans practically issuing death threats especially to the umpires. In contrast, the closest I heard to threatening an umpire on Saturday was when one of our cheer squad members yelled out, “Who gave that man a whistle?!” 😂 That’s SO Melbourne. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

crikey wcw, who did you pizz off to wake up with a horse in your bed? 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

crikey wcw, who did you pizz off to wake up with a horse in your bed? 

I’m more concerned about how John Longmire got into my house in the first place! 🤔 

• Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

You can't hear the chanting of the MFC cheersquad and general crowd with all the 90's nightclub songs blasting over the speaker after each goal.

Not a great initiative that the club has brought into the home game entertainment package this year.

Coincidentally, I have literally just completed an online survey for the MCC which, amongst other things, asked for the one improvement of the match day experience I would like to see. I pleaded for a stop to the music being played after goals have been scored.  

• Like 13

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Coincidentally, I have literally just completed an online survey for the MCC which, amongst other things, asked for the one improvement of the match day experience I would like to see. I pleaded for a stop to the music being played after goals have been scored.  

Yeh and change up the music before they run out.... every team and their dog plays sandman before they run out.  BORING

• Thinking 1

33 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Yeh and change up the music before they run out.... every team and their dog plays sandman before they run out.  BORING

I thought it was Hells Bells. (Which I love). Has it changed?

Edited by Neil Crompton
  • Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 1:17 PM, WalkingCivilWar said:

True. You hear oppo fans practically issuing death threats especially to the umpires. In contrast, the closest I heard to threatening an umpire on Saturday was when one of our cheer squad members yelled out, “Who gave that man a whistle?!” 😂 That’s SO Melbourne. 

I can't imagine Dees' supporters referring to them as "snot goblins" ....

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

It used to be Hells Bells NC but pretty sure they changed it to Sandman .... Hells Bells obviously more fitting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

It has, Mrs DW asked the same question last week. I thought I had heard it being used by another side recently ( not sure).

It could be as simple as the "Royalties" becoming too expensive.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

It used to be Hells Bells NC but pretty sure they changed it to Sandman .... Hells Bells obviously more fitting

Minor correction, Enter Sandman is the name of the song and boy oh boy does it rock when played live! Saw Metallica play live at the tennis centre last time they were in Melbourne….. what an experience!!!! ❤️💙❤️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, —coach— said:

Minor correction, Enter Sandman is the name of the song and boy oh boy does it rock when played live! Saw Metallica play live at the tennis centre last time they were in Melbourne….. what an experience!!!! ❤️💙❤️

Yeh im just using a short version as pretty much every rock fan's aware of the enter part.

I have no gripe with the song or the group Coach.  It's a beauty.   But everyone's using it and our original intro song was Hell's Bells which was far more fitting.  Just my opinion.

• Like 1