GAMEDAY: Rd 04 vs Port Adelaide

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

This will be over at quarter time. 

Port are finished.

Ken will sacked by round 7

The Weed will do some wacking

I like that "weed wacking". 

On a serious note, are the bloody media going to beat up every one of our opponents for the next five rounds until its statistically impossible for the opponent to make the eight?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Annoyed at two interstate games in a row with another six day break.

The two interstate games in a row issue has no bearing on this match as the second of those games doesn't take place for another nine days after tonight.

1 hour ago, Lord Nev said:

Can't help think the judgment might have been different had Weid played poorly.

This is probably right, but fortunately he didn't.

In BBB's absence, we have had the opportunity over the last week to pump up Sam's tyres some more, get him involved in the Captains Run and bouncing off his team mates vs BBB who's been stuck at home. Another week off won't kill Ben, and the potential upside is we get another great game out of Sam which only strengthens our overall list and depth. If we don't get a great game from Sam, we revert to Plan A. I'd prefer an MFC scenario where Sam shoots the lights out. 

9 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

The two interstate games in a row issue has no bearing on this match as the second of those games doesn't take place for another nine days after tonight.

Thanks Ds

Forgot about the Don's game.

Another Senior  moment.

Enjoy tonight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Left Foot Snap said:

PF, is this in Klingon?

Sorry Demonlanders was done quickly on the road ( not driving, but pothole city)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Their back line's pretty tall, have they got anyone to go against Kossie, Spargs and ANB?

Ground ball in the forward line could be where we win it

3 hours ago, In Harmes Way said:

I can’t remember anything like our opening rounds fixtures where we played our first four games on a Wednesday night, Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night. I could get used to the perks of being good.

I love Thursday night games (one more day of footy) but not when we're involved. Much prefer to see us play on Friday night or the weekend.

Hopefully this is our last Thursday night game of the year unless we're at the G.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, loges said:

Burgess is at Adelaide

Hahaha, my bad! Well, Port have no excuse to be so exhausted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I love Thursday night games (one more day of footy) but not when we're involved. Much prefer to see us play on Friday night or the weekend.

Hopefully this is our last Thursday night game of the year unless we're at the G.

Bring on  Wed  nights too.

Edited by leave it to deever

Got well beaten in the clearances at times last week.

Cant see it happening again.

I'm sure we will get a good run from the umps with such a parochial crowd though.

No worry we have this one.

• Like 1

If Weideman continues to strive & fight for the front position (as he did against Essendon) he will make it and become a regular fixture in the seniors

He has all the other attributes, he's athletic, he can take a mark and he's a good kick

It won't bother me (or the MC I suspect) if he ends up running under the ball occasionally whilst playing in front.  But 2nd or 3rd in line for the mark doesn't work

I wish him all the best as we'd all like to see him succeed

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Agree with this. Love Thursday nights but not us!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Port going in with the one genuine ruckman is interesting...

Worth noting that one genuine ruckman is nowhere near the level of either of our 2 genuine ruckman. going to be a fun night of our mids having the upper hand.

5 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Both Weiderman and TMac know they have to play well, it is a great position for the Club to be in. 

Goal Assists are just as important as goals

Its a tough call though as Bbb seems to be the premier choice regardless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Its a tough call though as Bbb seems to be the premier choice regardless.

Yep as it should be, but both should be desperate. 
Let’s not forget Fritsch either 

he is due for a bag

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dwight Schrute said:

Worth noting that one genuine ruckman is nowhere near the level of either of our 2 genuine ruckman. going to be a fun night of our mids having the upper hand.

Teams have learnt to read Gawn’s taps. But Jackson is the one who is difficult to play against because he gets his own ball. 

I must be a pessimist because I’ve actually backed Port to win at the $3.50 mark. I don’t think we are playing good footy. I think Essendon are a legit VFL level side, and we struggled with them for much of last week. I also think we carried many passengers from the week before into that game. Also, it’s in Adelaide. The umpiring will be next level. How much longer can we keep wrestling against momentum in matches where umpiring dictates the flow of the game. At some point a team gets tired. We are constantly umpired out of games we somehow wrestle back momentum and win. Due for a loss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1