Farewell Luke Jackson

Lucifers Hero

When we do play Freo, it would be greatly appreciated if they could wheel our Peter Bell very once in a while so we can get our booing needs sorted on him, instead of Jackson.

I really, really don't hate Jackson. He's just a simple young guy who loves his mum.

Also possible he wanted to move back to the west so he could check to make sure the sun wasn't boiling all the water when it went down each day.

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

It has come to my attention today that Luke Jackson recently adopted a puppy who is both the same breed and has the exact same name as our dog. 
All is now forgiven 😂

your dog is called 'dogga'? neat.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

It has come to my attention today that Luke Jackson recently adopted a puppy who is both the same breed and has the exact same name as our dog. 
All is now forgiven 😂

if you get another dog please call it 'deefer'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

if you get another dog please call it 'deefer'

When we got the dog I wanted to call him Oliver but my husband said no, even though he’s a ginger dog. 
He is a real princess tho… the dog not Oliver

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

So now he's playing mind games with MFC supporters? He really is a piece of work, this guy.

• Haha 6

45 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

He had a good chat with Hunty after the game.

"I've seen you before. Do I know you?"

"Yeah Dogga, I used to play for the Dees."

"What? Nah mate. *I* used to play for the Dees."

"Yeah, so did I. Hunty. Remember?"

"Hun--  what did you call me? Youse fuggen ..."

"Never mind. Enjoy the win."

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

From today's Age . Interesting if true...........

There were even more fanciful suggestions around what ex-Demon Jackson might command in his move to Fremantle, with one report tipping a seven-year contract worth $10.5 million in totality. The seven seasons stuck throughout the trade period, with the speculated money dipping to about $900,000 per year.

However, a well-placed source confirmed to Money Talks that Jackson, who is enjoying a career-best season with averages of 15 disposals, 1.1 goals, 13 hit-outs and four tackles, accepted a five-year deal until the end of 2027.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/big-decision-looms-for-dogs-20230613-p5dg3p.html

• 2 months later...

There is much in this article that will rile D'landers. freak-of-nature-why-anything-is-possible-for-unique-fremantle-star-luke-jackson

The part that caught my eye was:  "...Jackson owns a Cavoodle named Bear..."

@Jaded No More  Did Jackson steal your pooch...your post from the 'Puppy' thread...

Bear also has his own Instagram… and he now follows your toy poodle

https://instagram.com/bears_fluffy_adventures?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

There is much in this article that will rile D'landers. freak-of-nature-why-anything-is-possible-for-unique-fremantle-star-luke-jackson

@Jaded No More  Did Jackson steal your pooch...your post from the 'Puppy' thread...

I was told by as strong a source as you can imagine that Jackson had told people at our club in early June 2022 that he was going to re-sign. This meeting at Crown must have been what changed everything. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Dannyz said:

I was told by as strong a source as you can imagine that Jackson had told people at our club in early June 2022 that he was going to re-sign. This meeting at Crown must have been what changed everything. 

It certainly reads that way. 

It helps explain why his efforts seemed half-hearted for the second half of the season.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Clap 1

10 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

It certainly reads that way. 

It helps explain why his efforts seemed half-hearted for the second half of the season.

It sure does.

This article makes it seem like Goody/coaches pigeonholed him and didn't have the belief that Longmuir did. He was made our primary ruck in the second half of a grand final over our captain and greatest ever ruckman (Sorry Jim). 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

He 100% copied me. Got a Cavoodle and named him Bear. 
My Bear is way cuter tho and a Melbourne supporter 😏

• Love 5
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dannyz said:

It sure does.

This article makes it seem like Goody/coaches pigeonholed him and didn't have the belief that Longmuir did. He was made our primary ruck in the second half of a grand final over our captain and greatest ever ruckman (Sorry Jim). 

Yeah, I didn't like how that was written.  He played all the roles Longmuir outlined for him when with us and tbh I've not seen much different in his time at Freo, except that he replaced Darcy for an extended time.

It plays down that he just wanted to go home.

Anyway he is gone.  We move on and with a bit of luck we will be this year's premiers and he won't be!!

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Yeah, I didn't like how that was written.  He played all the roles Longmuir outlined for him when with us and tbh I've not seen much different in his time at Freo, except that he replaced Darcy for an extended time.

It plays down that he just wanted to go home.

Anyway he is gone.  We move on and with a bit of luck we will be this year's premiers and he won't be!!

Just another afl player now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mauriesy said:

It's interesting though that so far we haven't missed a beat without him and they haven't improved with him.

watched the 2021,grand final replay again In retrospect he was a bit of a bit player No great loss