To be an arrogant fan?

BoBo

They’ll hate us soon and we will be ‘arrogant’ by default of reality.

Act how you want to act. 

Judging Dees fans for ‘overstepping’ is such a waste of energy.

We were a laughing stock, and now when we laugh, it is with the carcass of a foe splayed out in the rear view. 

You be you, Dees fans.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

I'm releasing a new after shave.

Demon Arrogance- Because we are simply better than you are.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'll be wearing my new Cologne with my old tweed ,some rank smelling cheese on a platter ,perhaps a rug over my knees at the Hawks game.

I hope we wipe them into the dirt so I can offer insincere remarks like "You guys are really good", " The new coach might take a while to get them going'', "You can build a backline around Sam Frost".

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 4

Some may think this is not in my nature but in those famous words of skipper; "just smile and wave boys, smile and wave"

Edited by dworship
Grammer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Wrecker46 said:

Let's be happy but not arrogant like Hawthorn supporters.

Those bogan yuppie types of the late 80s, early 90s were the worst.  Guaranteed to get around in one of those trendy leather jackets, beer in one hand and telling everyone in earshot what a great team the mighty Hawkers were.  These zealots and instant experts in footy would evaporate any time Hawthorn weren't in form and they almost went extinct in the early 2000s, before that 2008 revival bought them back in record numbers.  That Jeff Kennett was their president says it all.

Just thinking of these creatures is enough to supress any inner arrogance I might have.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, dworship said:

Some may think this is not in my nature but in those famous words of skipper; "just smile and wave boys, smile and wave"

At the risk of contradicting myself; a little smugness in the smile is ok isn't it?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Those bogan yuppie types of the late 80s, early 90s were the worst.  Guaranteed to get around in one of those trendy leather jackets, beer in one hand and telling everyone in earshot what a great team the mighty Hawkers were.  These zealots and instant experts in footy would evaporate any time Hawthorn weren't in form and they almost went extinct in the early 2000s, before that 2008 revival bought them back in record numbers.  That Jeff Kennett was their president says it all.

Just thinking of these creatures is enough to supress any inner arrogance I might have.

It’s where my user name comes from, the “Dermott Brereton riot squad “ threatened to kick the [censored] out of me at Waverley, I invited them to try, they didn’t 😂

• Love 4

Suggested small talk for different supporter groups 

blues/saints —> “you could be next. You remind me of us a couple of years ago”

hawks —> “sometimes a looong re-build is needed”

Tigers —> “I didn’t expect Dusty to be replaced as GOAT so quickly. Trac caught us all by surprise didn’t he?”

Bombers —> “we get it mate. Hang in there, it’s all worth it in the end” 

pies —> “it will be nice to pay you back with the lions share of the queens bday crowd” 

cats —> “rip the band-aid off and start the re-build. Setting yourselves up for too much pain otherwise 

Lions/Port —> “I guess it’s important to have the game plan to win the big finals isn’t it” 

Dogs —> “that Freed from desire song is a ripper. I will be listening to it all summer”

Swans —> “unfortunate that you couldn’t afford to keep your young players”

GWS. —> “Hopefully Toby has pulled his head in and resolved his discipline/madness issues?” 

WCE. —> “we love Optus stadium. Heard we have requested to play 2 games a year there” 

Suns  —> “now that we are a destination club, have heard that King is interested” 

Adel. —> “Burgo wouldn’t leak crows intel to his ex-premiership mates.....all be fine. He was genuinely keen to go to your re-building club”

Nth. —> “hang in there mate - fairytales can happen. It must be nice to watch BB.Brown succeeding in the meantime?” 

Freo —> “it’s great to share a home ground with you. We love Optus” 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 7

49 minutes ago, 1964_2 said:

Bombers —> “we get it mate. Hang in there, it’s all worth it in the end” 

It had been 24 years since we'd last played off in the big dance and 10 yo me though we were on the verge of being the premiers again or sometime in the next few years.  Bombers are up to 21, so maybe if they make a grand final sometime in the next few years, perhaps it could be a case of history repeating?

• Love 1

2 hours ago, bringbackthebiff said:

To annoying opposition fans, just politely nod your head and at the end of every sentence say “I remember when we used to be like that”

Actually I've been doing that a fair bit to my Carlton supporting co-worker lately.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BoBo said:

Not sure if it’s just a Dees thing considering we’ve been down for so long, but I always hated it when opposition fans became really arrogant and lose any semblance of being humble (not saying anyone of us are arrogant or anything!).

When I’ve seen it, I’ve thought to myself not carry on like that as in general I just don’t really like it I guess. You can be proud of your club sure, but the blind arrogance thing just irks me. 

I guess the people I know that are humble and just *know* they’re team is good, have much more weight when they do out the boots in to someone, rather than someone who’s constantly banging on about how good their team is and how [censored] others teams are.

Is it a right of passage to be arrogant if your team is successful? Or is there a good way to carry yourself? 

Genuinely want to know how people are reacting to the flag win?!

I’m not going to judge anyone. Me personally, I’ve been picking off opposition fans that gave me hell one by one as we started to turn the corner.

So I’ll just leave my masterpiece here.

• Love 2
  • Haha 3

I wasn’t going to be arrogant, but let’s just say that a lot of people I knew rubbed it in when their team won. So much, that they notified me every time that we lost. I say “do onto other as they would do onto you.”

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Doug Reemer said:

I’m not going to judge anyone. Me personally, I’ve been picking off opposition fans that gave me hell one by one as we started to turn the corner.

So I’ll just leave my masterpiece here.

🤣🤣🤣❤️💙🤣🤣🤣