POSTGAME: GRAND FINAL vs Western Bulldogs

Demonland

5 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Anyone know which player had the most intercept marks on the ground? I can’t find the stat and I really need it to win our yearly grand final footy draw I do with my friends. There’s a lot of wine riding on it!

Gawn, Martin, Oliver, Salem, Cordy and May all tied with 2 intercept marks.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 9:36 AM, Premiers said:

What a wonderful post.  A moving tribute to so many.  A credit to you, 'Layzie'. 🥂

Thank you for the lovely words about myself:  @Premiers Please never ever change, I hope your name is the only thing you change come to think of it. I have so much respect for you on these boards and think you offer a hell of a lot. We love you, that's all I have to say right there. 

I will change my name back to 'Lucifer's Hero' but only allowed one change a month so 'Premiers' will have to stay a while.  Oh, and Jayden will be back as my avatar.

@Premiers if there was a 'You're welcome' reaction I would have done it :)

• Thanks 1

Probably been said a few times on here but...

One positive from not being able to go to the MCG and watch was being able to watch with the family at home.

Unlikely the Mrs would have come despite following Dees, and two boys too young to take to bigger crowd games and unlikely to score GF tks.

I was able to enjoy at home an intensely watched game with all of them - a rare event

My 5 year old knows all players names by number and recognition on TV. And get this, he has the gall to say just after the final siren "I've waited my whole life for this" 🤣

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 16

19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That goal he kicked off one step from 50 with 4 dogs players running at him from every corner of the compass 👏

He's a young bloke who has a fantastic rate of uptake to become the player he deserves to be for us all. Lethal, determined, skilled, productive, who knits beautifully into a team that has taken several years to grasp the concepts that are required to perform impressively. Onyer, Sparrow!

• Like 5

Did anyone go to Casey on Sunday? My ex did even though I told him it wouldn’t be wise after the outbreak. If anyone did, how was it?

1 hour ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

I [censored] you not...

In the 1st Qrt I was sitting off the front of the couch, nervously leaning forward

In the 2nd Qrt I sat back in the couch leaned back and enjoyed a beer in a bit more comfort, then thinhs started to get out of hand

In the 3rd Qrt I remained sitting back, until the 1st goal, then I noticed what I'd done, so resumed the forward leaning squat at the front of the couch. Brayshaw made a couple of crucial contests, we regained composure, and despite Bont's goal we looked steadier, and I felt more confident. The rest is history

.... you're welcome everyone ❤💙

The forward leaning squat is the best starting position for the Petracca Salutation (Leaping Double Fisted muscle pump flex 💪 )

It really opens up the red and blue heart chakra.

Edited by John Demonic
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Well i made it until tonight, then watched the first 10 minutes of AFL360 - completely disolved - wife was worried, never seen me cry before - emotional meltdown

• Like 8
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

The forward leaning squat is the best starting position for the Petracca Salutation (Leaping Double Fisted muscle pump flex 💪 )

It really opens up the red and blue heart chakra.

The Petracca goal got that Salute

The Sparrow goal I was catching my breath

Then the Oliver goal received a lap of the house!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Every time I watch the replay (5 times so far) only one question springs to mind… what did Max say to Fritta after he kicked his 6th goal? 

Am I the only one?

No, you’re not alone with that one. I am sooooo curious. It went on for quite a while and by the look on Fritta’s face it was like Maxy was saying something rather devilish. 😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

No, you’re not alone with that one. I am sooooo curious. It went on for quite a while and by the look on Fritta’s face it was like Maxy was saying something rather devilish. 😉

Yes, my thoughts exactly!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Well i made it until tonight, then watched the first 10 minutes of AFL360 - completely disolved - wife was worried, never seen me cry before - emotional meltdown

Was it the Petracca interview being interrupted by walky talkies at the back of the pub? 
So emotional. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

The Petracca goal got that Salute

The Sparrow goal I was catching my breath

Then the Oliver goal received a lap of the house!

I whipped some poor bloke sitting behind me in the face with my scarf after Clarrys goal. Lost the plot! Teared up. That was the moment. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Every time I watch the replay (5 times so far) only one question springs to mind… what did Max say to Fritta after he kicked his 6th goal? 

Am I the only one?

I saw that - I wanna know too!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, S_T said:

The Prez hinted that they might do a full replay at some stage. My preference would be as the curtain raiser at our first home game at the G next year just before they raise the flag. Including a lap of honour for Jonesy and Jetta (if he also retires). 

I disagree. The first game is the start of a new season. You can’t dwell on the previous season in March next year. Hopefully it gets up in December. I needs to be later this year, or save it for Family Day 2022