GAMEDAY: Grand Final vs Western Bulldogs

Winners at last

11 minutes ago, layzie said:

Here, we, are. No more sleeps.

Speaking of which, did anyone get more than 5 hours sleep?

I combined three bourbans and binged on cheezals to get me some shut eye.

Woke at three with the worst indigestion.

• Haha 3

I more nervous than Bbos maid.

All the pundits hoping for a tough, close and suspenseful game.

Not us. A five goal lead after q1..to be increased by the same ammount each qrt.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

There's a lot of talk about targeting Max and ....... no doubt Beveridge will have a plan to curb his influence.

However, there's been little said about Jackson. I reckon he could be today's wildcard. The doggies ruck stocks aren't good enough to handle them both and concentrating on Max could backfire badly.

The young bloke is playing "at home" . He'll be fired up for a big one.

Yes agreed. Max pushing hard forward / back is going to cause major problems for Martin, then Jackson comes on. No respite. 
Go Dees! 

• Like 3

Here is an excellent article explaining when and how the GF can be watched.

Foxtel/Kayo replay available at 11:15

Game can be streamed from 7plus app but only on certain devices (why I have no idea)

You can stream the Grand Final live on the 7plus App, but only on selected TV’s or set-top-boxes. Importantly, you cannot watch the game through the 7 App on your mobile phone or tablet, as is the case for all AFL matches and the Brownlow Medal, which caught many people out on Sunday night (see below for info on how you can watch it on your mobile). This is due to broadcast restrictions put in place by the AFL. You can watch the game through the app on the following devices: Telstra TV, Samsung Tizen (2016 and later), Fetch TV, Apple TV, PlayStation 4 & 5, Android TV, Google TV, LG TV. You cannot use Chromecast or AirPlay to watch the Grand Final and you cannot watch a replay of the game on the app.

https://www.austadiums.com/news/1054/how-to-watch-the-2021-afl-grand-final-+-live-stream

Breaking news

you can watch it on a mobile through the AFL app

Some good news late Friday night by the AFL, with confirmation the AFL Grand Final will now be able to be streamed live on your mobile device through the AFL Live Official App

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

G' morning, fellow Demonlanders, welcome to IT! Congratulations to all those up just after midnight to start this thread. Was very close to also jumping onto the laptop and getting started then, but Billy Brownless' "little man in my head" spoke up, wisdom prevailed, and trundled to bed.  

Actually slept well. Having a late brekkie now with coffee in my Robbie Flower mug (reserved for VERY special occasions). Feeling OK until I realise I have to wait until 7 ($@%^&%$@$)  pm! So, activated my GF day emergency plan:

• Coodabeen champions at 10am
  • Water some plants
  • Watch the U19's WA v SA final at 1pm.
  • Then annoy the carp out my entire family, pacing and whinging with some Canadian Club until the game starts. 

GO YOU MIGHTY REDLEGS!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Except you’ve gotta wait 12 fggng hours before opening your presents. Worst. Christmas. EVER.

Never! Waited lfor 57 years, 12 extra hours is nothing!

• Like 4

I feel crook.

There is so much pressure on our captain due to his recent massive increase in form.

Hell handle it. I also think He may spend more time up fwd and ket Jackson run amok.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 1

I have promised myself not to open the drinks fridge until at least 4pm, don't know how I'll go with that :(

I know we are all nervous, excited, calm, confident, pessimistic and full of fear at the same time, will be a long day !

We will win though !

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Fellow Demonlanders … I know we’re all nervous today and there’s a lot at stake for us … but remember these occasions rarely come around for us long suffering demons, so try to soak it in , savour the moment and believe. Be willing to be vulnerable, I know that’s hard for us , but this is our time now !

I’m not scared about losing anymore , I’m excited and believe about the chance of winning!! 

Don’t have any regrets later on you didn’t enjoy the moment !

Go you mighty demons !!!! 🔴 🔵 

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Poor Max

I feel crook.

There is so much pressure on our captain due to his recent massive increase in form.

Hell handle it. I also think He may spend more time up fwd and ket Jackson run amok.

I read your first two lines and felt sick. I thought he was out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, layzie said:

Here, we, are. No more sleeps.

Speaking of which, did anyone get more than 5 hours sleep?

I think I might have just squeezed in 5hrs, woke up at 4:30 and barely slept after that. 

• Like 2

This thread matches my feelings and emotions perfectly.  One minute an air of confidence in the knowledge that at our best, we will win, and win well. The next minute the ‘what if’s’ and lingering doubts kick in, and erase the confidence of only moments earlier.  My nerves are like a bowl of spaghetti.  
I needed a sleeping pill to get me through last night, but if we win tonight, a short doze in my lounge chair will suffice.  If we lose, I might need two sleeping pills!

Go Dees!  We all love you to death, and we know you will be playing for each and every one of us!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Beers open, tunes on, game day is here. Haven’t given it a second thought during the week, been really busy at work, but has sunk in this morning. A chance to make history. Here we [censored] go. Carn the dees!

• Like 4