Who gets to go to Round 1?

Demonland

2 hours ago, roy11 said:

Reserved Seating for MCC means I will struggle to get back to my beloved Level 3 Balcony area.

I miss you so. 

Level 3 roy! You must have very good eye sight. Do they still supply under the seat oxygen up there?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, old dee said:

Level 3 roy! You must have very good eye sight. Do they still supply under the seat oxygen up there?

There's definitely oxygen in the Frank Grey Smith Bar

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Question: 

How would I go about redeeming my free membership ticket AND purchasing non-member tickets at the same time, to ensure we’re sat together (ie; my kids). 

Your kids should be members

59 minutes ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Question: 

How would I go about redeeming my free membership ticket AND purchasing non-member tickets at the same time, to ensure we’re sat together (ie; my kids). 

Have a similar issue trying to combine my new provisional MCC membership with my 2 kids junior memberships so we can sit in either the MCC or the general admission ... some how the melb vs freo game is classed a 2 by the MCC which means no visitors ... can I use my MCC membership to book in general admission with 2 junior MFC members? 

Edited by Demons1858
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Demons1858 said:

Have a similar issue trying to combine my new provisional MCC membership with my 2 kids junior memberships so we can sit in either the MCC or the general admission ... some how the melb vs freo game is classed a 2 by the MCC which means no visitors ... can I use my MCC membership to book in general admission with 2 junior MFC members? 

I rang the MCC and asked this same question and while the answer was yes you can, but you have to wait until the MFC member access window is open to use the MFC membership. This may cause a problem at a busy game as the MCC may sell out before the MFC window is open but shouldn't be a problem for Freo.

Or you can also use your MFC membership with the junior MFC memberships to sit together.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 1:32 PM, daisycutter said:

some questions on round 1 tickets

membership card or phone facsimile won't get us into games. must book on ticketek using a barcode number emailed to you by club. cost for ticketek is $0. Members can book on tues before game (i.e. next tue) followed on later days by general public.

1. will we get our paid for reserved seats? I doubt it for social distancing rules, so where will be allocated?

2. i will be getting a member ticket for myself and eldest grandson. Younger grandson (not member) wants to come too. I can't book his ticket on members day so will have to book later which means he will be seated on his onesome which is not acceptable (too young). Any ideas?

But him a Junior membership  ticket Grandpa and dont be so mean!!! They are cheap and he can go with you all season or whenever you want !!!

On 2/26/2021 at 6:42 AM, 58er said:

Good point we must live outside of footy for a balanced life. Beautiful spot.

Maybe a trip to Tamar Valley and a picnic at one if the wineries During the day.or a picnic at the Gorge and if possible a boat ride.

From  memory the WaterWheel complex is Up market with a fab Restaurant yo boot. 
Bizaarely there is a ghost tour of Launceston ( at least in 2010 there was,) for something really different  

When in doubt ask a Local!

Enjoy DW and Mrs DW.

Sorry but I've only just caught  up with this thread. Mrs Dw and I are still on our  way to Launie for our anniversary. Now I'm in a dilemma regarding accuracy re comments about attendance. How would I potentially  give our tickets to deserving supporters who can navigate the system.

2 minutes ago, dworship said:

Sorry but I've only just caught  up with this thread. Mrs Dw and I are still on our  way to Launie for our anniversary. Now I'm in a dilemma regarding accuracy re comments about attendance. How would I potentially  give our tickets to deserving supporters who can navigate the system.

Buy them and you can forward them on from your phone to theirs  ( I don't know how but any one under 30 can show you) 
Pretty sure that's fine as all that is scanned is the mobile ticket.

(If Covid breaks out they will come asking you still probably!) 

1 minute ago, 58er said:

Buy them and you can forward them on from your phone to theirs  ( I don't know how but any one under 30 can show you) 
Pretty sure that's fine as all that is scanned is the mobile ticket.

(If Covid breaks out they will come asking you still probably!) 

Oops, I hadn't thought about that part

1 hour ago, Grimes Times said:

I rang the MCC and asked this same question and while the answer was yes you can, but you have to wait until the MFC member access window is open to use the MFC membership. This may cause a problem at a busy game as the MCC may sell out before the MFC window is open but shouldn't be a problem for Freo.

Or you can also use your MFC membership with the junior MFC memberships to sit together.

Thanks Grimes. I rang the MFC membership department this morning also (40 min wait each time I have rung this week for an answer) and they said similar i.e. that you need to wait for the MFC membership window to open and it will depend on availability of MCC spots which could be an issue for some games ... I have an MFC/MCC Exclusive membership but that doesn't have general admission so the other alternative is to wait for tickets to go to the public and bundle 1 adult ticket with the 2 MFC junior memberships 

16 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

heard some talk today that mcg crowd expectation is, at this stage, as low as 25k - i.e. half the max capacity

interestingly, the tiggas v carlton game expectation is expected to be under 40k - i would be amazed if it wasn't much, much closer to 50k

Yeah I heard speculation that the crowds are going to be lower than expected. Perhaps a hangover from lockdown and people are gun shy from attending public events for the time being.

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Yeah I heard speculation that the crowds are going to be lower than expected. Perhaps a hangover from lockdown and people are gun shy from attending public events for the time being.

That's me BBP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

you'd think so

i imagine that the numbers for the pre-season competition were a bit of a surprise given that they expected them to be chockers; most that went was about 10,000, i think, of a max of 25,000

it's going to be interesting to see what happens on tuesday; i still can't believe that the afl is doing all reserve tix for afl / club at essentially the same time; ticketek / ticketmaster will definitely melt down

• Like 1