GAMEDAY: Rd 18 vs Essendon

Whispering_Jack

3 minutes ago, forever demons said:

Promised the good lady a pearl neckless if we win today ,she got the jewellery web site up,good grief

I trust that you mean necklace forever dee.  The alternative would not be very pretty at all! ? 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

This reminds me of a similar story that had a happy ending OX. In 2005 on the last day of the season Celtic just had to win at Motherwell to win the title. We (Rangers) were also playing away against Hibernian in the capital. Celtic were a goal up with just a few minutes to go and we were also a goal up in Edinburgh. Enter stage left a certain Scott McDonald. He not only scored an equaliser but also the winner, deep into injury time. 

The day is known as Helicopter Sunday as the chopper that was on it's way with the SPL trophy down to Lanarkshire had to change course mid flight and head east to Edinburgh instead. What makes the day so perfect is that Scott McDonald is an Australian international footballer and he son of a Celtic daft scottish dad that emigrated here. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0-r4b6myvM

That’s prob a once in a life time opportunity and you had the good ending u lucki bugger.  

1 hour ago, CBDees said:

Hopefully the highlights today will include Melksham and Brown kicking a bag against their old Club and Hibberd, May and Lever stopping every entry into our back half! ?

God hasn’t melksham had a free ride this season. FMD he has been in putrid form all season and never dropped but promoted to captain temporarily.
Another awesome  decision by Goodwin. 

Edited by DemonOX

It would be so Melbourne to lose this.  So Melbourne in fact that I don't think anyone here would be surprised.

I'll be more surprised if we win, and even win well.

Let's see if we can flip the script for a change.

For what it's worth, I can't see the Dogs losing tomorrow, so today's outcome is almost a moot point, but it would be nice to be in the game for at least 24 hours longer.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

It would be so Melbourne to lose this.  So Melbourne in fact that I don't think anyone here would be surprised.

I'll be more surprised if we win, and even win well.

Let's see if we can flip the script for a change.

For what it's worth, I can't see the Dogs losing tomorrow, so today's outcome is almost a moot point, but it would be nice to be in the game for at least 24 hours longer.

If we win today, Freo can get it done.  They have have played good footy this year and are getting better. If we win Dogs will free more pressure to win and that "may" lead to more errors etc.  Anyway, we need tow in today first before thats become relevant. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, layzie said:

Yeah I can see us dogging it today but I can also see us getting it done because it's out of our hands now. Maybe it will be a draw 

No the draw will be tmrw evening.

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

Look we stuffed our final chances up when we lost those games earlier in the season and against freo and sydney but we do need to finish the season on a winning note even if the dogs knock us out tomorrow. 

Beating essendon today and sending them off with a miserable loss would be awesome. Just to make the essenscum supporters be put through more misery.

We should win today and win well. Well I hope so anyway. Losing the final game to them would leave a bad taste. 

• Like 1

Woke up in a great mood. Hoping to enjoy one last high-scoring win for the season and then maybe I can move on from my current coronavirus interrupted life. Probably won't watch tomorrow and just catch up with the news on Monday. If the Dogs win I'm unlikely to watch any finals for the first time in my life. Just put this [censored] season behind me and never think of it again. Go Dees! 

• Like 2

Not sure why people care. We got taught a football lesson by Fremantle and Sydney. We don't deserve to play finals. And I'm not all that motivated to play finals only for our lack of structure and defensive pressure to rear its ugly head again.

3 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Woke up in a great mood. Hoping to enjoy one last high-scoring win for the season and then maybe I can move on from my current coronavirus interrupted life. Probably won't watch tomorrow and just catch up with the news on Monday. If the Dogs win I'm unlikely to watch any finals for the first time in my life. Just put this [censored] season behind me and never think of it again. Go Dees! 

One game at a time Skuit  it might turn out to be a good weekend The pressure will be on the Dogs with a win today. 

Freo is a chance IMO. ×

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

No more excuses for Weideman. After showing improvement hes done nothing the last 3 weeks.

Time for Sam to grow up and be a man and take the game by the balls today.  Youre 23 Sam not 18!

Agree on that one. His final against geelong we all thought he has broken though and that will set himself up now but he does need to establish himself more and take those marks. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

Not sure why people care. We got taught a football lesson by Fremantle and Sydney. We don't deserve to play finals. And I'm not all that motivated to play finals only for our lack of structure and defensive pressure to rear its ugly head again.

You care.

And don't even try and deny it.

• Like 1