POSTGAME: Rd 14 vs St. Kilda

Demonland

1 minute ago, bing181 said:

I posted something similar last week, and it's still true after a win - not getting enough out of the smaller forwards. Spargo, Hannan, VDB and Pickett, not a goal between them and only 1 goal assist. Not many possessions either.

And barely a stuck tackle between them

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

And a big thanks to fox footy or whoever was responsible for the lack of cameras to deem Tracs last goal a point.

That was so clearly a goal. The goal umpire saw it and I saw it from my lounge room ?It was only the field umpire wanting to get his face on TV. Perhaps his family was watching. Had to prove he wasn't entirely useless.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Deecisive said:

Sorry but l see we just barely beat stkilda. Not a team that l would call a serious threat. Yes they are in the top eight but this is a year where when and who you play really matters. The saints still have to face some top teams, we don’t. The saints out scored us over the final three quarters, their poor shooting for goal was the difference. We need to do a lot better if we are going to play finals football. 

We just can't win, can we.

FWIW, I don't agree.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Dame Gaga said:

That was so clearly a goal. The goal umpire saw it and I saw it from my lounge room ?It was only the field umpire wanting to get his face on TV. Perhaps his family was watching. Had to prove he wasn't entirely useless.

It made me nervous though.

Just thinking out loud...will we have to win the next 3 given easy games coming up 4 pies...dogs and giants?

Edited by leave it to deever

6 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

This is the Viney footage (apparently he's not visible in the team song either):

I similarly ran into the bathroom straight after that win..... I’m sure for the same reason. 

• Haha 6

Just now, SPC said:

Langdon keeps us in games as much as May.. his pressure and ground coverage is exceptional 

His work rate is through the roof. His efforts to help out our defender but to thrn be an extra option up field is phenomenal work rate.

• Like 6

I've read a lot of posts now saying how good the backline was, and yes, they were brilliant, but we play 18 man defence FFS. It was a team effort. We had stand out performances in May, Petracca and arguably Langdon too, but the team defended the ground and prevented constant slingshot most of the night.

Edited by A F
  • Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Re Viney you could see when they were heading off that he was pretty keen to get back to the rooms and just before they formed the circle he ducked though the door behind them.

Obvious [censored] break

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, binman said:

And barely a stuck tackle between them

vandenBerg, Hannan, Jones and Pickett laid 3 tackles between them.

I love vandenBerg's intent but if he's not tackling, I'm just not sure why he's playing.

I'd like to see the pressure act stat (does anyone know if it's available anywhere), as I'm sure the FD look at it, and it might be what keeps Pickett in the side.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Moonshadow said:

Big shout out to Wagner. Thought he did a very serviceable job, given it was first game in a while. Plaued hos role very well. Keeps his spot for sure. Harmes has his work cut out to get back in!

I thought his selection was a strange one, but happy to eat a little humble pie.  Did his job very well tonight.  Certainly holds his spot for the short term.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.