Intra-Club Game: Round 3

Demon trucker

3 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

max in the 'post-match' presser: "it just felt like a normal game only with no big screen...which is probably why christian played well cos normally he looks at the big screen" hahahaha

which chistian? i mean, i presume trac but...salem with his tints........

i can completely understand the team selection based upon watching that highlights package again having hannan, hunt, pickett and bennell in our forward line alongside t mac, fritsch as marking targets plus milkshake and avb bustling around COULD work

t mac is a big leading boy - his pass to fritsch for goal was clean, and he was involved in one other scoring chain

if bennell and pickett get going it's going to be FUN to watch

Melksham and VDB need to be our links across half forward. They are both marking targets that help with the "connection" between midfield and forwardline and we missed them both last year.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Are the umpires going to give Bennell special rules because he hasn't played since that rule came in? I was only highlighting Jetta because it looked like he had conceded the 50.

I don't care what type of game it is giving away 3 goals from 50's isn't good footy, hence why I was glad it wasn't the real stuff.

No, not at all.

I'm merely saying that of all the players to stuff up the protected zone rule, the one who did hasn't played at AFL level for 2.5 years (i.e. it's not that big of a deal).

3 hours ago, Older demon said:

I cringed at one blue goal when May supposedly the best kick in the team kicked it straight to the man on the mark who politely handball over Mays head for an easy goal. Only MFC can do that

Was it May? I thought it was lever but found it hard to tell.

Gawn: It was nice + hot. The umpires had to step in a few times to tell us it was just a practice match. We had normal umps + it was just like a normal game.”

So, which of our teams were they screwing?  Or both?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pulp Fritschon said:

Under the guise of keeping things in-house does anyone think they maybe didn’t show all the goals? Maybe Tommy and Weids both bagged 5.....

I agree. I’d be happy not to show any vision for the cats brains trust to use.  Sometimes it’s better to go quietly and not produce “PR” material.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Melksham and VDB need to be our links across half forward. They are both marking targets that help with the "connection" between midfield and forwardline and we missed them both last year.

Melksham playing near his best is  vital to our forward line and hard to match up,  can pull down a mark one on one regularly.. However we have missed the presence Vanders the hard nosed bull that would liven up things out there and lead by example. 

Right on Dr G missed Vanders in 2019 and remember like yesterday of 2018 finals how good he was playing with minimal games for the year..                                               

We are a better side with an injury free Vanders.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Where is the leadership of the club on this? It's all well and good for Max to give a couple of words after the scratch match but I think it's time we started hearing from Bartlett/Pert more than once every 3 months.

Of course they should. I am a little shocked and disappointed that we haven’t heard a word from either today. 

Like it or not Social Media is hot today and Supporters are not happy with how we are being treated....

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

But then we'd still be playing OMac and/or Frost so it's understandable why they did it. Not the right move long term but they obviously thought we were close to a flag after finishing top 4. We got Jackson the year after though so hopefully it all works out....

King looks like a star though (the gold coast one)

Throw the chequebook at Cameron. I don't know who else is available but we need someone.

Daniher

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

That l agree with  Wwsw a straight NO ! He has been out of the game for too long with injuries of soughts and then you have to hope that he strings games together let alone kick goals. NO NO NO.  for  Daniher.

Edited by nosoupforme
  • Like 1

I think the big question from this is, do SuperCoach points count? 

Amazing how most of us were hanging out for a bit of footage from yesterday. Shows how much we need a bit of footy to escape reality for a while. Watching an intra club video in the middle of winter, only at Melbourne FC hey...no fault of our own though. 

Bring on the Cats. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Of course they should. I am a little shocked and disappointed that we haven’t heard a word from either today. 

Like it or not Social Media is hot today and Supporters are not happy with how we are being treated....

Didn't you get the email from Pert, I did explained what was going to happen on the weekend

The normal small group of perpetual whiners are whinging

What are they supposed to say, I know you want Ricciuto or Eddie instead,  right?

There was a 'supporter' on Facebook actually hoping for injuries, pathetic

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ungarieboy said:

A music video doesn't make a movie.

A footy clip doesn't make a game!

You get about as much from both.

I can get a lot from a music clip at my age

Try Girls on Film, Duran Duran  late night version

Or

Put it on the Glass, Sir Mixalot

It was a practice game, 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Didn't you get the email from Pert, I did explained what was going to happen on the weekend

The normal small group of perpetual whiners are whinging

What are they supposed to say, I know you want Ricciuto or Eddie instead,  right?

There was a 'supporter' on Facebook actually hoping for injuries, pathetic

I think Members deserved more than a generic email

you don’t

No i don’t want Ricciuto or Eddie

i want The MFC President and CEO to stand up for our Club. 

Edited by Sir Why You Little
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

I'm really liking the look of young James Jordan.  A few people last season thought he was showing a bit, and right now it looks like they were right.  He's harder than you expect, a good ball-user and has that bit of poise where he manages to find time.  He could turn out to be  a very nice surprise packet. 

Jordan does impress - a thing of the very near future, I'd say - so let's hope he is one who is being properly developed and experienced for the bigger games to come.

11 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Ah..that was between two teams = 50 points per match and still zero from the key forwards.

It wasn't good

Still reckon that we are taking the tall timber forward key positions a little too seriously at the moment, These players are not producing and do not lead well, hit packs, bring the ball to ground, create tight avenues for our small talent and do not appear to be doing much to improve their kicking skills. We have plenty of class (as forwards) six inches (bugger metrics) down the scale and some are natural leads and space finders. Against Geelong, I could imagine Hunt, for example, could be very handy deep forward finding space at pace, with grace, kicking goals with less waste. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I think Members deserved more than a generic email

you don’t

No i don’t want Ricciuto or Eddie

i want The MFC President and CEO to stand up for our Club. 

And do or say what?

What do you want an Eddie McGuire is David Koch sideshow?

Throw the toys out of the pram like posters on here

Just wait and let the whole scenario play out

The club was disadvantaged by the incident, but got on with it and arranged,  from what I have been told and seen, a rather willing and extremely useful from a coaching point of view, practice match

Maybe if some of the perpetual whingers and whiners actually set an example of standing up for the Club, instead of bashing it at every opportunity.....well that would be a first

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Still reckon that we are taking the tall timber forward key positions a little too seriously at the moment, These players are not producing and do not lead well, hit packs, bring the ball to ground, create tight avenues for our small talent and do not appear to be doing much to improve their kicking skills. We have plenty of class (as forwards) six inches (bugger metrics) down the scale and some are natural leads and space finders. Against Geelong, I could imagine Hunt, for example, could be very handy deep forward finding space at pace, with grace, kicking goals with less waste. 

Totally agree on Hunt, unfortunately some of here are mired in the past

They want a gorilla who does nothing but lead out of the goal square, not the modern game