To Hell & Back Episode 3

Demonland

32 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Favorite episode yet. That was great. 

Very interesting that Gawn and Jetta came to Goodwin’s house for the new player induction but Viney didn’t. 

Hopefully it was overlapping with Viney taking some of the other boys away on that extra get away, Sparrow and co.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

No mate, they were talking about pick 2, not their 2nd option. Likely that meeting was before the announcement of the priority pick.

Posted leading up to the draft that the club considered Green as the best player in the draft. That was clear in the video with the comments about if we needed another inside mid, which was obviously the deciding factor in the end.

While this is far from solid evidence (and makes no difference now), the narrator states that they gathered in Rye a month prior to the national draft (after GC had received their concessions) and 'currently hold picks 3 and 8'. Coupled with the draft board above it seems probable that Rowell was one overall and Jackson moved ahead of Green into two at some stage. Curious is the phrase re. Green that they've had him at two 'at times', rather than 'previously' - suggesting there was other fluctuation. 

• Shocked 1

I don’t know about anybody else but I was blown away by a number of things. 

Firstly Burgess and Donahue should be employed by the PLA if they want to employ some torture techniques, wow the boys were absolutely put through some next level fitness stuff that was exhausting to watch!

Secondly it was significant looking at the body language when the boys were stuffed, that was a clear improvement on that first session when Darren told them not to fall to the ground with exhaustion, instead they stayed on their feet and got around those that looked to be struggling. The fitness levels are definitely improved at this stage as well.

Finally I challenge any dees fan to look and not smile at that part with Kozzie struggling and the boys helping him get through it, and then massively getting around him afterwards. There is a genuine connection between everyone. 

275B0E9E-A2B9-43DD-8D91-5E87E2FC9F17.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

By far the best thing the Club's every produced. I'm really loving getting to see this genuine behind the scenes footage we've never been shown before. Really interesting to see Bennell down at the new players induction session when there had been discussion from me and others about him being excluded from it. Great to see he was there given he's on the list now. 

I really hope this inspires people to leave behind 2019 and get back on board as members. We're about 3300 down on last season. Hope to see them back. Great proactive move by the powers to be to be so proactive at getting supporters engaged. 

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Supermercado said:

Watching that you can understand how footy players go off the rails when their career ends and they're suddenly not part of a group anymore.

Even not being part of such a regimented lifestyle would be so hard. 

I watched that training session and thought there is not enough money in the world that would get me to do that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've stayed away from Demonland and the official website for a bit and just caught up tonight. Watched the first three eps in a row. Not only are the production values excellent, the structure of the episodes are simple, but very well done. I could watch it for hours. 

Well done, MFC.

• Like 13

I am carefully collecting all the bits and i will have to edit it all together when i return from overseas duties 

The Wifi in my hotel is complete rubbish, glad the general vibe is good

It is not easy putting these thing together, as there is so many different ways it can be done, but it sounds like the club has done it right. 
Will be fascinated to see who the Director and Producer are. 
i doubt they are MFC People. This is a paid gig i am assuming 

• Like 1

Couldn’t get the grin off my face watching that. Man, I really hope Harley runs onto the ground in the red and blue this year. I almost don’t care what happens after that. It clearly means more to him than we could ever truly understand. 

And just watching them go so hard at it; I honestly don’t know what more a team can do. If success doesn’t come to the club this year, you cannot say that it was due to a lack of effort and commitment going into the season.

Even though they have no idea who I am and never will, I’m extremely proud of my boys after watching that. 

Tackle-coach-psycho-guy doesn’t mind saying [censored] and [censored] a lot.

Edited by Mel Bourne
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Skuit said:

While this is far from solid evidence (and makes no difference now), the narrator states that they gathered in Rye a month prior to the national draft (after GC had received their concessions) and 'currently hold picks 3 and 8'. Coupled with the draft board above it seems probable that Rowell was one overall and Jackson moved ahead of Green into two at some stage. Curious is the phrase re. Green that they've had him at two 'at times', rather than 'previously' - suggesting 

They are our overall rankings.

What I would like to know is if that is Deven Robertson's name at #5 then why didn't we take him, or even consider him, at pick 12 on draft night? Referring to the other video released by the club too.

4 minutes ago, No Plan B said:

What I would like to know is if that is Deven Robertson's name at #5 then why didn't we take him, or even consider him, at pick 12 on draft night? Referring to the other video released by the club too.

They explain it. Good small forwards are a very rare commodity and Pickett was a standout. Robertson is another inside mid. Think he will be the steal of this draft. We weren’t the only ones rating him as high as top 5 but didn’t go till 2nd round. Unbelievable gift to Lions. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, No Plan B said:

Did it sat Robertson or Anderson? All I could make out from that image was the 'son' part of the name. If it was Anderson, he was of course, gone already

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moonshadow said:

Did it sat Robertson or Anderson? All I could make out from that image was the 'son' part of the name. If it was Anderson, he was of course, gone already

His arm moves slightly right before the next shot. It very much looks like 'tson' which means it's Deven.

This series has been amazing access but nothing quite puts the recruiting team under the microscope like revealing their draft order. Even if only in part. Will be very interested to see if it comes up in the in media in a few years time.

12 hours ago, Supermercado said:

Watching that you can understand how footy players go off the rails when their career ends and they're suddenly not part of a group anymore.

12 hours ago, Jaded said:

Even not being part of such a regimented lifestyle would be so hard. 

I watched that training session and thought there is not enough money in the world that would get me to do that. 

I’ve heard it said that being a member of an  elite football club is like being in the army: a 24 hour a day job where you are told what to do and when to do it to such an extent  that on leaving one feels lost!  A big reason the club encourages players to study for a life after football.

And having just watched the video, I’m going to have a cup of tea a bex and a lie down!

Edited by Dee Dee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

I can make out 'TSON' and you can see that the heights of all the players are listed too. Looks like maybe 185 next to the #5 name, which is pretty close to Robertson's height (I found 184 on Google). It certainly isn't 191 which is Anderson's listed height.

I don't know about you guys, but I find it super interesting that we didn't rate Anderson in the Top 5. I literally spent months worrying if Gold Coast would pip us to the post with that selection and it turns out it didn't matter at all that whole time. Jackson was our man all along.

• Like 1

Here is my take on how good this episode was.
I am planning an event in my local area with a few others to raise money for a cause. Sometimes the progress isn't as smooth as one would like and frustration can bubble up on my behalf.
Watching that bit with Kozzie got me realizing that teams are about supporting each other. It got me personally to refocus on what is important, and make me try harder to support everyone I am working with on this project.

Now that says something about how good it was.