Jump to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Demonland

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

Nowhere does it state the plan is dead. Personally I think the money is the least of the clubs problems.

Edited by Roost it far

 
1 hour ago, Bates Mate said:

If premiership cups where given for best leakers of information in the league we'd win every year. But wouldn't have anywhere to display them unfortunately

i would presume most of the leaking is coming from john kanga, tbh

 
18 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

i would presume most of the leaking is coming from john kanga, tbh

He’s not ‘leaking’ it, he’s on his soapbox yelling in to a megaphone


As far as the eye can see, Chippindall is doing a great job as interim CEO and is relieved of media facing duties by having Green as the public face of the executive but having a CEO with a 6 month notice period has again set this project back.

The club were confident that funding had been all but secured prior to the recent election and there now seems to be a funding gap which means something has changed because they had told Johnson Controls that there services in raising commercial capital were no longer required.

As I understand, benefactors have been asked how much they’re willing to put in and it will take the club contribution above $30M.

Community funding favourability is far less for Glen Eira than Geelong, Footscray, Dingley etc.

Edited by Dannyz

21 minutes ago, Dannyz said:

Community funding favourability is far less for Glen Eira than Geelong, Footscray, Dingley etc.

Coming up to an election next year there's simply no votes in giving us money. In a time of gov't overspends everywhere it would be a negative if anything.

Timing and perception is what it's about.

Had we a "shovel ready" plan at the outbreak of covid they would have thrown money at us. Not now

I am surprised that in the glow of 2021 we didn't do some serious fund raising from the supporter base. It was pre the massive increase in interest rates and people were well disposed to "causes". Not much else to do during lockdown.

TBH like most I'm over this saga. With the club staring down another period of mediocrity combined with internal issues on nearly every front the enjoyment factor is fast disappearing. Used to love the simplicity of a VFL match but even that has gone with the stupid scheduling. (Saturday night in winter at Whitten oval was a nadir)

I'm thinking of restarting the Fishermans Bend Proposal.

Its a green field site which needs an attractive community, entertainment, retail, corporate centre to sustain a projected population growth area.

Guerra may have contacts in the financial and business area to unlock much of the speculative investment already there. He may also have networks that can overcome the apparent malaise in development.

There is a FB committee which is moving at glacial pace and needs some positive project progress. Obviously needs state and Federal government support and Guerra would need connections in those jurisdictions.

I have little influence and watch the continuing debacle as I do the onfield performance..

Always support the Dees despite that.

 
25 minutes ago, dpositive said:

I'm thinking of restarting the Fishermans Bend Proposal.

Its a green field site which needs an attractive community, entertainment, retail, corporate centre to sustain a projected population growth area.

Guerra may have contacts in the financial and business area to unlock much of the speculative investment already there. He may also have networks that can overcome the apparent malaise in development.

There is a FB committee which is moving at glacial pace and needs some positive project progress. Obviously needs state and Federal government support and Guerra would need connections in those jurisdictions.

I have little influence and watch the continuing debacle as I do the onfield performance..

Always support the Dees despite that.

Except the council isn’t interested in us using the site but knock yourself out.

57 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Coming up to an election next year there's simply no votes in giving us money. In a time of gov't overspends everywhere it would be a negative if anything.

Timing and perception is what it's about.

Had we a "shovel ready" plan at the outbreak of covid they would have thrown money at us. Not now

I am surprised that in the glow of 2021 we didn't do some serious fund raising from the supporter base. It was pre the massive increase in interest rates and people were well disposed to "causes". Not much else to do during lockdown.

TBH like most I'm over this saga. With the club staring down another period of mediocrity combined with internal issues on nearly every front the enjoyment factor is fast disappearing. Used to love the simplicity of a VFL match but even that has gone with the stupid scheduling. (Saturday night in winter at Whitten oval was a nadir)

Most of the money the club will raise will come from the wealthiest supporters, probably less than 35 people. They’ll want to see the plan. No one who’s serious is giving money to a club that is financially sound unless we’re ready to go at site. The money will come, the problem is securing the site.


So Pert's been kicked out (wasn't the whole Caufield plan his idea?) and we can't have Guerra looking at it until he officially starts in three months time and also the business case has been pushed back until at least the end of the year and we have no idea who is actually going to pay for the damn thing? Is that about it for recent developments?

I'm not brimming with confidence about this.

57 minutes ago, Dannyz said:

As far as the eye can see, Chippindall is doing a great job as interim CEO and is relieved of media facing duties by having Green as the public face of the executive but having a CEO with a 6 month notice period has again set this project back.

The club were confident that funding had been all but secured prior to the recent election and there now seems to be a funding gap which means something has changed because they had told Johnson Controls that there services in raising commercial capital were no longer required.

As I understand, benefactors have been asked how much they’re willing to put in and it will take the club contribution above $30M.

Community funding favourability is far less for Glen Eira than Geelong, Footscray, Dingley etc.

So, with Pert gone (thankfully), the question needs to be asked, who is now the front man / woman managing this project? Who is overseeing the new design work? Who is attending project meetings? Who is managing the funding shortfall? Who is leading the feasibility study? Surely it all doesn't come to a stop till the new CEO comes on-board!

Given the leaks of the past few days, surely an email from our President explaining (as much as he can divulge) what is going on is warranted and required.

Imagetovideomakethewheelspinandtheseasmove-ezgif.com-optimize.gif

So we bring in a guy with significant government and industry contacts/experience to be our CEO, but don’t want him leveraging that until we say so?

I have to say I don’t understand why he couldn’t have preliminary discussions with these stakeholders, especially seeing as securing a home base is so far overdue

It also seems like the club’s expectations around securing funding/total cost of the project are way off initial expectations

It just reeks of more amateur hour decisions from this club

2 hours ago, Roost it far said:

Except the council isn’t interested in us using the site but knock yourself out.

Not sure what council and what site you are referring to.

Havent seen any proposal at Fishermans Bend put to any council, but you may have more insight than me into what approaches the MFC made during feasibility rounds. I could get little information from Pert or Roffey beyond " we examined FB and it was too expensive" No detail who they examined any site with.


Having been slightly involved when Elsternwick Golf Course was given back to Council for use as passive open space on 1 July 2018, I believe that all 3 tiers of government will not allow public space to be used exclusively by a sporting club. Although Id have preferred it to be dog friendly(off leash) the outcome was much better than a golf driving range owned by coucil but run as a sperate concern.

Then one half of the rest of the park was being pushed by one (not-so) local club into a having a fenced oval with training rooms, for the sudden creation of AFLW teams which would have impinged dog walkers as well. I watched this one with interest but didnt take a side. Again because it was seen as taking public space away the dog walkers won.

Ive met a few dog walkers who also walk inside caulfield track and they feel assured no sporting ground will be allowed in the middle of the park if it has a fenced oval. I believe they are right unfortunately. I hope they are wrong.

I am 62 now. I know I won’t see a Home Base for the MFC in my lifetime. Nobody wants to commit to anything

Gosch’s Paddock or Casey Redevelopments are the only way forward

Caulfield and Probably Scopus don’t want the MFC on that sight.

We had our chance in 2001 and knocked it back, and there lies the problem

“When You see a chance, Take it…”

S. Windwood

You really have to ask.... what the actual f was Melbourne, in particular personnel who were either there on a platform of project ability or latter specifically to oversee this development, doing ?

For how long and at what cost to only have the carpet laughingly pulled from under out feet.

Please explain

50 minutes ago, Damo said:

Having been slightly involved when Elsternwick Golf Course was given back to Council for use as passive open space on 1 July 2018, I believe that all 3 tiers of government will not allow public space to be used exclusively by a sporting club. Although Id have preferred it to be dog friendly(off leash) the outcome was much better than a golf driving range owned by coucil but run as a sperate concern.

Then one half of the rest of the park was being pushed by one (not-so) local club into a having a fenced oval with training rooms, for the sudden creation of AFLW teams which would have impinged dog walkers as well. I watched this one with interest but didnt take a side. Again because it was seen as taking public space away the dog walkers won.

Ive met a few dog walkers who also walk inside caulfield track and they feel assured no sporting ground will be allowed in the middle of the park if it has a fenced oval. I believe they are right unfortunately. I hope they are wrong.

All I took out of this is Melbourne councils are being held hostage by dog walkers. I think losing the equivalent of one oval and some space for admin offices is not too much to ask for especially in the Elsternwick Park area. There is an abundance of space there that is more than enough to cater for MFC. I know it is a pipe dream but still frustrates me nevertheless.

16 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Caulfield and Probably Scopus don’t want the MFC on that sight.

From the Horse’s mouth, excuse the pun, I can assure you Scopus are 100% behind the MFC being there with them.

They see it as exciting and beneficial to all parties.


8 minutes ago, Redleg said:

From the Horse’s mouth, excuse the pun, I can assure you Scopus are 100% behind the MFC being there with them.

They see it as exciting and beneficial to all parties.

Ok. I am suprised by that, but you are more connected than I

I am sure Scopus prefer the relocation to a different area…

37 minutes ago, Redleg said:

From the Horse’s mouth, excuse the pun, I can assure you Scopus are 100% behind the MFC being there with them.

They see it as exciting and beneficial to all parties.

from the horse's mouth if not from the mouth of the mrc chairman?

john kanga would seem to be a serious thorn in the mfc's side

4 hours ago, Neil Crompton said:

So, with Pert gone (thankfully), the question needs to be asked, who is now the front man / woman managing this project? Who is overseeing the new design work? Who is attending project meetings? Who is managing the funding shortfall? Who is leading the feasibility study? Surely it all doesn't come to a stop till the new CEO comes on-board!

Given the leaks of the past few days, surely an email from our President explaining (as much as he can divulge) what is going on is warranted and required.

Chippindall is managing the project on an interim basis.

 
35 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

from the horse's mouth if not from the mouth of the mrc chairman?

john kanga would seem to be a serious thorn in the mfc's side

I'm given to understand he more than a thorn and to more than just us.

I'm sure Red would know more, but understand if would rather not say.

5 hours ago, KozzyCan said:

So Pert's been kicked out (wasn't the whole Caufield plan his idea?) and we can't have Guerra looking at it until he officially starts in three months time and also the business case has been pushed back until at least the end of the year and we have no idea who is actually going to pay for the damn thing? Is that about it for recent developments?

I'm not brimming with confidence about this.

Yep, this thing needs to get moving soon otherwise we are cactus, and zero players will come to us.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

Featured Content

  • AFLW PREVIEW: Collingwood

    Narrm time isn’t a standard concept—it’s the time within the traditional lands of Narrm, the Woiwurrung name for Melbourne. Indigenous Round runs for rounds 3 and 4 and is a powerful platform to recognise the contributions of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in sport, community, and Australian culture. This week, suburban footy returns to the infamous Victoria Park as the mighty Narrm take on the Collingwood Magpies at 1:05pm Narrm time, Sunday 31 August. Come along if you can.

      • Thumb Down
      • Thanks
      • Like
    • 8 replies
  • AFLW REPORT: St. Kilda

    The Dees demolished the Saints in a comprehensive 74-pointshellacking.  We filled our boots with percentage — now a whopping 520.7% — and sit atop the AFLW ladder. Melbourne’s game plan is on fire, and the competition is officially on notice.

      • Clap
      • Thanks
      • Like
    • 4 replies
  • REPORT: Collingwood

    It was yet another disappointing outcome in a disappointing year, with Melbourne missing the finals for the second consecutive season. Indeed, it wasn’t even close, as the Demons' tally of seven wins was less than half the number required to rank among the top eight teams in the competition. When the dust of the game settled and supporters reflected on Melbourne's  six-point defeat at the hands of close game specialists Collingwood, Max Gawn's words about his team’s unfulfilled potential rang true … well, almost. 

      • Thanks
    • 1 reply
  • POSTGAME: Collingwood

    Thank god this season is over. Bring on 2026.

      • Clap
      • Like
    • 379 replies
  • PODCAST: Collingwood

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 25th August @ 8:00pm. Join Binman & I as we dissect the Dees disappointing loss to the Collingwood. Your questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. Thank you to every body that has contributed to the Podcast this year in the form of questions, comments and calls.

      • Thanks
    • 29 replies
  • VOTES: Collingwood

    Congratulations Max Gawn on taking out his 2nd consecutive and 4th overall Demonland Player of the Year Award. Your votes please. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 & 1.

      • Thanks
      • Like
    • 45 replies

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.