• Podcast:      

DemonOX

POSTGAME: Rd 22 vs Sydney

Hows the "Tending" going Goodwin?

[censored] fraud.

God almighty next week is going to be a slaughter. "Shinboner Spirit" v's whatever the hell the "Melbourne brand" is.

Just make it end........

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Docs Demons said:

What's the effort on the ground by so called AFL players got to do with Pert. Wake up to yourself. Goody and players at fault here. No one else.

Have you read any of my comments tonight?

2 minutes ago, Docs Demons said:

What's the effort on the ground by so called AFL players got to do with Pert. Wake up to yourself. Goody and players at fault here. No one else.

Perts last interview game the players a free get out of jail card when he blamed the season on the pre season injuries and surgery.

image.png.841f31dcd7caaa74e34bf266f42c83b7.png

'A young and energetic Sydney"

This inst a club vying for a finals berth. They had lost the last 5 games.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Age said:

The player divide reared up tonight. There will be quite an exodus at year end

Is that just an observation Age or???

I think we can all agree it was a stupid game plan to go in with the forward line that we had. As someone mentioned in the game day thread, if preuss was in that would have perhaps given the swans something to think on as he did play pretty well against them so would have been conscious of that.  may have given fritch as little more space. Our kicking what can you say about our kicking that has not been said 5,000 times already this year. so many more inside 50's yet our forwards are rarely in the contest. we had about 4 less shots at goal, 3 if you count that goal that was disallowed, but we lost by a S##tload.  i still think Preuss is part of our future and needs more game time so why do we play ANB instead of Preuss? Preuss could have taken the ruck and let Max go forward if needed.

I liked the idea of frost going forward, i would still prefer him on the wing, he runs hard and chases which is not something a lot of our players do.  Harmes, what can you say about his performance, did nothing much and what he did he often stuffed up. stop playing players who should not be there next year and play those that we are likely to keep even if they are not ready. and once more i will say i dont understand why we play a zoned defense, we are no good at it. the opposition passes it around our witches hat players until an opening come and then the waltz it down into their forward line with our players trotting after them, that is if they can be bothered trotting.

I would strongly recommend the coach make every player watch a replay of every game that we played this year at least twice before training starts. They should see the mistakes and hear the commentators views on their game or lack there of. they need to recognise what they are doing wrong before they can fix it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, monoccular said:

I find Leonard Cohen's final album, released just a week or so before he died, You Want it Darker, more suits my mood.

Try listening to None - Life has gone on long enough 🤣

4 minutes ago, monoccular said:

I find Leonard Cohen's final album, released just a week or so before he died, You Want it Darker, more suits my mood.

I prefer Lee Hazlewood to leonard

”Requiem to an Almost Woman” is an absolute Classic

Just now, Rusty Nails said:

I don’t want to be one of those who says I can’t say who told me but shall we say it’s from a player or two and an official from another club. 

Plus observation, stupidly I was there

1 minute ago, Win4theAges said:

What was the Crowd figure tonight?

23K.

Dismal.

50 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I won’t be buying a Membership early this year. 

The Club can ring me and Beg next year, i am sick of giving this Club Free Money, when they do not care or respect it. 

Enough is Enough....

F$&@ You

Same here, I currently buy three memberships and with another one due in October that’s four memberships that the club won’t get next season. They’re an absolute joke and no way will I give my money to such a heartless rabble. Those who think we’ll bounce back next season are kidding themselves. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Swooper1987 said:

He's injured.  Saw him grab his hammy (left from memory) earlyish in the second quarter. I think he's been carrying something for a couple of weeks.  I doubt he plays next week.  

I wasn’t having a go at him, he has been enormous this year but it was a very average game by his standards 

11 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

There is nothing redeeming about that ‘performance’ tonight.

We are supposed to be the clearance team - we got smashed

We are supposed to be the tackling team - we got smashed

We are supposed to be exciting and fluid - we were turgid

Was it the lack of talent?  The lack of cohesion?  The lack of heart?  The lack of skill?

There is no spin for this one.  I have always looked for the positives, but that was devoid of anything.  

I will be a member next year.  It is hard to be a supporter, and I am not a fair weather follower.

I can’t remember fair weather . We’ve been excreta for years and years besides last year . I tell you I feel it’s Goodwin who is the cancer along with several others 

2 minutes ago, Age said:

I don’t want to be one of those who says I can’t say who told me but shall we say it’s from a player or two and an official from another club. 

Is this a Viney/Jones thing? Just nod, if yes 😉

12 minutes ago, olisik said:

Is it me or does Goodwin constantly looks like his smirking? 

Nah that’s a look of “I have no idea what I am doing”. Seen it all season unfortunately. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Win4theAges said:

Bit better than the 15k-20k i predicted.

It was "bring a friend for free with every adult member" night.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Age said:

The player divide reared up tonight. There will be quite an exodus at year end

Twin Captains have anything to do with this madness?

2 Camps...?

• Like 1

For the connoisseurs of music in this thread, to fit the theme of our year...

Funeralopolis - Electric Wizard*

* If you don't know this song don't listen to it.

• Love 1

Just now, Age said:

Cheers... final question.  Any chance of a tiny morsel/hint re the cause of the alleged devide/disunity without naming names?

3 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

2 minutes ago, Age said:

I haven`t heard anything at all but what I saw from some of the players tonight and the continued lost in space look in Goodwin`s face has me in no doubt we have a problem behind the scenes.

Some of the most selfish play and horrible body language I`ve seen in an AFL match.

Lets hope we get some answers at seasons end, we have imploded.

• Like 2

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

Twin Captains have anything to do with this madness?

2 Camps...?

I have heard this, but not sure how reliable the source is.

• Thanks 1