WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - KYSAIAH KROPINYERI PICKETT

olisik

29 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

Forget about what I said about him. Great highlights package exactly what we need.

Now for the famous 22.

B: JETTA, MAY, LEVER

HB: SALEM, PETTY, HIBBERD

C  : LANGDON, OLIVER, TOMLINSON

HF: BENNELL, T.MCDONALD, PETRACCA

F: MELKSHAM, WEIDEMAN, FRITSCH

FOLL: GAWN, VINEY, BRAYSHAW

IC: HARMES, JONES, PICKETT, JACKSON

EMERG: BROWN, HUNT, HANNAN, VANDENBERG

CASEY

B: LOCKHART, HUTCHINS, J.WAGNER

HB: HORE, O.MCDONALD, KOLODJASHNIJ

C : MUTIMER, SPARROW, BAKER

HF: HANNAN, WHITE, NEAL-BULLEN

F: HUNT, BROWN, SMITH

FOLL: PREUSS, VANDENBERG, MUNRO

IC: SPARGO, C.WAGNER, JORDON, PICK 30

EMERG: DUNKLEY, CHANDLER, BEDFORD, BRADTKE, NEITSCHKE

Jordan a certain starter in Casey 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Win4theAges said:

Im on board with K.K.P exactly what the doctor ordered.

Being crying out for a quality small forward for years.

He's going to be a beauty.

Both Luke and Kozzie plus Harley will  all be fan favourites.

in love with LJ and Kozzie already so much C factor 

• Like 1

Haven’t changed my favourite players on here for a few years. Just did an addition.
I’m having visions of Cyril in attack and Byron in defence. Excuse me for a moment. I’ll be back in a little while. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

So I guess we can look at this two ways. 

If you go solely on the value of the pick and who we could have picked up then you have to be pretty annoyed that we overlooked a bunch of seriously talented players who will probably turn out to be a lot better. 

If you look at it as part of the whole draft/trade period and the package we have gotten as a whole then we've filled our need for running wingers, picked up a talented small forward to replace Garlett and a 2m forward/ruck to develop who will probably see game time next year.  Plus an option on Bennell and Brown if they look good in training.  You'd have to call that a good haul. 

I just hope we can all keep looking at it this way when Kemp is accepting his Brownlow... 

As Maxy holds the Cup aloft and Luke wins the Normie!!

• Love 2

2 hours ago, JakovichScissorKick said:

Wow, just gotta pinch myself again.   We now have an electrifying small indigenous forward in the mold of Jeff Farmer/Cyril Rioli.

Been waiting 20 years for this.

If he makes the grade he will bring the kind of excitement that the likes of Jurrah, Farmer and my namesake did.      So pumped.

Aaron Davey says hi..

so so we went after Jamie Elliot and ended up with Pickett. That's a great get IMO. And we save around $700k a year...

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, JakovichScissorKick said:

And heres Saty to ruin the positive vibes in his thread

It's Saty being realistic, the hyperbole about new players staggers me sometimes

And the short memories

We had an Indigenous small forward for the last couple of years, his name was Jeff Garlett, agreed his last year was poor, but previous to that he was a valued member of the forward line

And for somebody to say 20 years is laughable and also disrespectful to Aaron Davey

What you see is the highlights of a young guy playing, but not at AFL level, let's wait and see how he handles the step up before we start gushing about him

I am really pleased we drafted him but I ain't gonna put him on a pedestal before I even see him train

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

We had an Indigenous small forward for the last couple of years, his name was Jeff Garlett, agreed his last year was poor, but previous to that he was a valued member of the forward line

And for somebody to say 20 years is laughable and also disrespectful to Aaron Davey

It was me who said 20 years.  We havent had a great small forward since Farmer.

Davey was not a small forward except for his first few  seasons.....  played most of his career on the wing.

Welcome to the Dees Kozzie! Can’t wait to see him light up the G, an injection of excitement and x-factor is exactly what we need. We can argue the merits of picking him at 10 until the cows come home but ultimately we wanted him and I’m glad he’s pulling on the Red and Blue!

Edited by Pates
  • Like 4

Send him to live with Nev. Will not get a better education on how to be a top athlete/person anywhere else.

Reminds me a little bit of Aussie in his breakout year, but a few less turtles for dinner. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Has goal sense too it seems. You can't teach that and none of our forwards currently have that.

Sorry would have to disagree with that one Dr.  - IMHO all of Hannan, Fritta, Melksham, Trac, AVB (if he comes good) and possibly even I'd say T Mac have pretty decent goal sense.

That goal that Oliver snapped from the boundary was it last year or a few back shows that he has it too.

I do like the look of KKP though.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Send him to live with Nev. Will not get a better education on how to be a top athlete/person anywhere else.

Reminds me a little bit of Aussie in his breakout year, but a few less turtles for dinner. 

I may be wrong, but I believe he is related to Nev Jetta.  So he may end up living with him to begin with anyway.

Absolutely ripping pick, though.  He may take time to build his tank and find some consistency, but he will light up the G on a regular basis when he gets a run in the senior side.  I can't wait.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I’m sure this has been mentioned somewhere in the thread, but I haven’t seen it - apologies in advance.

The club has footage of his agility testing on the website.

Anyone know where he actually ranked in the agility testing: 1. relative to the other draft attendees this year, and 2. relative to the elite measures for draftees including compared with other small forwards such as Charlie Cameron?

2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I’m sure this has been mentioned somewhere in the thread, but I haven’t seen it - apologies in advance.

Anyone know where he actually ranked in the agility testing: 1. relative to the other draft attendees this year, and 2. relative to the elite measures for draftees including compared with other small forwards such as Charlie Cameron?

Agility testing or not, the highlight clips show all you need to see.

You see all the other attributes previously mentioned including agility. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I was looking that up yesterday, and Kozzie wasnt in the top 10 for agility.

And Luke Jackson wasn't in the top 10 for standing or running jump.

Those tests are irrelevant anyway.

Edited by JakovichScissorKick
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, JakovichScissorKick said:

I was looking that up yesterday, and Kozzie wasnt in the top 10 for agility.

And Luke Jackson wasn't in the top 10 for standing or running jump.

Those tests are irrelevant anyway.

Yeah we should definitely go after blokes like Sam Blease who had a fantastic burst of speed and measures well.

Unlike silly Hawthorn who took that Sam Mitchell guy who couldn't test well in anything and had to play VFL.

I get that for every 1 Sam Mitchell there is 100 that don't make it but it's not all about testing. There is 100's of examples of this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

Interesting hearing Brendan McCartney in his draft-related article today talking about things he looks for in players, wondered if this may potentially relate to how we see Pickett:

For different reasons, neither Bontempelli nor Oliver was talked up as a top pick midway through his draft year.
“Bonti” wasn’t always in the game, but when he was you just thought “wow”.

20 hours ago, BW511 said:

I think this is the logic recruiters use.

Someone like ANB springs to mind. He's always around the contest with his elite running, but is never doing anything WOW

Sadly I think I agree.
I recall holding great hope for ANB as his SA team won the champs and he was a consistent key component within that side, always performing well without dominating, but getting his side over the line.
I had hope he'd provide a similar non-spectacular influence on the success of our side, but that hope is fading.

• Sad 1