Angus Brayshaw to Fremantle Rumours

Lord Nev

1 hour ago, Lord Nev said:

Oh yeah, absolutely not saying either of them have anywhere near the potential Gus does, more just talking about our spread of depth and how we have a lot more depth in the ball-winning mid category than the outside runner category.

Reckon you might end up surprised by Sparrow. Just my opinion of course, but I rate him as a future player for us. Likely not our best player, but I can see him replacing Viney down the track and having similar strengths with contested work and burst speed like Jack used to have.

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I think Sparrow will become the bullocking half forward bit like Vanders was last year. Once henbuilds his tank up then i think he will have burst in the midfield at some stage.

Doesn't find enough of the ball for me to make it as a mid...good young mids rack up possessions in the 2's.

Think Harmes, ANB and Brayshaw when starting at Casey and they were all getting big numbers.

Jordon is a good example of our youngest kid who really gets involved when playing midfield and gets as fair bit of ball.

I would try Sparrow back, his strength on the ground, in the air and leg speed could be valuable there plus he may read the play better with the ball coming at him.

Could also be a tagger down the track, has the attributes.

Happy to be proven wrong about the mid thing, I like a lot of what the kid brings.

29 minutes ago, rjay said:

Doesn't find enough of the ball for me to make it as a mid...good young mids rack up possessions in the 2's.

Think Harmes, ANB and Brayshaw when starting at Casey and they were all getting big numbers.

Jordon is a good example of our youngest kid who really gets involved when playing midfield and gets as fair bit of ball.

I would try Sparrow back, his strength on the ground, in the air and leg speed could be valuable there plus he may read the play better with the ball coming at him.

Could also be a tagger down the track, has the attributes.

Happy to be proven wrong about the mid thing, I like a lot of what the kid brings.

It's his first year mate, and he's missed half of it with injury. Managed to crack a couple of senior games though.

Just gut feel, but I think the first few years Sparrow might play more of a half forward role and Jordon possibly half back. I think both can bring some good things eventually.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 10:24 PM, Mydee said:

I do appreciate explicit comments but can you elaborate please?

Did you have a vision or an itch that thunderbolt like led to this revelation

You can assign this a taxonomy I divine premonition . Much like when Jesus came to the lord in the Earth 2020 simulation and said assign the demons to the bottom of thy afl ladder

• 2 weeks later...

I follow Brad Green on twitter and he RT'd Ricky Nixon onto my timelime.

Ricky tweeted the following after the Freo Coach/CEO sacking;

"Imagine if you saved one of your best players from walking by offering his Dad the CEO role - hhhmmm I’m pretty Bray Shaw you get where I’m coming from #ChickenGoesBANG"

If this is the case I can imagine some serious sniffing for Angus coming up

1 hour ago, roy11 said:

I follow Brad Green on twitter and he RT'd Ricky Nixon onto my timelime.

Ricky tweeted the following after the Freo Coach/CEO sacking;

"Imagine if you saved one of your best players from walking by offering his Dad the CEO role - hhhmmm I’m pretty Bray Shaw you get where I’m coming from #ChickenGoesBANG"

If this is the case I can imagine some serious sniffing for Angus coming up

Except that Bell is the one likely to be CEO. He is pulling all the strings.

Also Gus is contracted for a couple of years.

However, if we were to consider letting him go to Freo, what would be the payment?

Could a deal be Langdon, plus what they get from Saints for Hill, we then on trade the best pick for another player, say a King from GC. Keep a pick for another player. therefore the deal could be Gus for Langdon, King and another player. Of course it won't happen.

Great time of year trade time, as the possibilities of deals are fascinating, far more so than this season has been.

3 minutes ago, Redleg said:

However, if we were to consider letting him go to Freo, what would be the payment?

Could a deal be Langdon, plus what they get from Saints for Hill, we then on trade the best pick for another player, say a King from GC. Keep a pick for another player. therefore the deal could be Gus for Langdon, King and another player. Of course it won't happen.

Great time of year trade time, as the possibilities of deals are fascinating, far more so than this season has been.

WIshful thinking. They'll want a Langdon for Brayshaw direct swap, we'll want what you said. We'll cave for Langdon and pick 25

3 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

WIshful thinking. They'll want a Langdon for Brayshaw direct swap, we'll want what you said. We'll cave for Langdon and pick 25

This time we have a player contracted for another 2 years, that we are happy to keep.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

Brayshaw will have toured the facilities by then and made a trade request. Ok, Bell will throw in a pick 44 to sweeten the deal.

Is that before or after, Bell says they have done a due diligence and changed their mind and don't want him?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Redleg said:

I think it was in the Langdon thread where I suggested a trade involving Brayshaw, Langdon and Fremantle’s first round pick was the suggestion. I’d happily retain Brayshaw however if he wanted to leave, I think that suggestion is fair for both parties. Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Is that before or after, Bell says they have done a due diligence and changed their mind and don't want him?

44/25 + Landon valued at pick 20 equals pick 5 in trade value. Valued at pick 15 = pick 4, I wouldn't be so shocked if we caved in for that because Brayshaw told us he wanted to go.

Edited by John Demonic

3 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I think it was in the Langdon thread where I suggested a trade involving Brayshaw, Langdon and Fremantle’s first round pick was the suggestion. I’d happily retain Brayshaw however if he wanted to leave, I think that suggestion is fair for both parties. Thoughts?

It sets up multiple possible trade scenarios,  if Gus seeks a trade to Freo.

It could involve the Saints with Hill, Langdon of course, maybe GC and King, who knows, but it would be a multiple club and player deal.

4 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

44/25 + Landon valued at pick 20 equals pick 5 in trade value. Valued at pick 15 = pick 4, I wouldn't be so shocked if we caved in for that because Brayshaw told us he wanted to go.

All premature at this stage as Gus might be very happy at Dees.

• Like 2

Whatever we do, we'll f*** up the trade and get peanuts back. Only have to look at Hogan and Lever deals to know the MFC have no understanding over negotiations. Well do Langdon and offer a pick + Brayshaw or something ridiculous. Hell let's offer Viney and Gus for Langdon now and well throw in our 2nd rounder. F*** off Mahoney 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Panamapapers said:

Whatever we do, we'll f*** up the trade and get peanuts back. Only have to look at Hogan and Lever deals to know the MFC have no understanding over negotiations. Well do Langdon and offer a pick + Brayshaw or something ridiculous. Hell let's offer Viney and Gus for Langdon now and well throw in our 2nd rounder. F*** off Mahoney 

You must be real fun at parties.....

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Panamapapers said:

Agree 100%.

2 hours ago, Panamapapers said:

You’re angry at Mahoney over a trade scenario that you made up in your head? That’s fantastic. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 4
  • Haha 9