Training - Wednesday, 17th April 2019

Marco

I was there for 1 hr. 

Very windy conditions. 

Pruess - not convinced he will play this week, trained away from main group and left track early, taking 1 handed chest marks as to not favour his crook shoulder. 

May, Lever, Bradkte, Maynard - trained away from main group. 

AVB, Hannan, KK - not sighted. 

Lewis, Lockhart, Jetta - all trained fully and are available for selection, Lewis looked good. 

Sparrow stood out to me in match simulation, was in everything... 

ANB was training hard also. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 9

I'd be very surprised to see Preuss play. 

Let him mend/rest.

Cheers for the updates.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

I'd be very surprised to see Preuss play. 

Let him mend/rest.

Cheers for the updates.

We'll need another fit tall to come in.   Keilty may get his go.    With this it also effects the smalls we choose.  Re the space we can create.

I'd bring in the hardworking hard-running  Lockhart against the Saints...  and keep Jeffy for the Tigers ANZAC Eve clash.

Not sure which game for Lewis.

Preuss sounds like he is very bruised/strained in that AC joint.    Foolish bump from that body position...  get him right.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DV8 said:

We'll need another fit tall to come in.   Keilty may get his go.    With this it also effects the smalls we choose.  Re the space we can create.

I'd bring in the hardworking hard-running  Lockhart against the Saints...  and keep Jeffy for the Tigers ANZAC Eve clash.

Not sure which game for Lewis.

Preuss sounds like he is very bruised/strained in that AC joint.    Foolish bump from that body position...  get him right.

Preuss only had the shoulder lightly strapped, had no difficulty or discomfort with the shoulder when I watched him

Obviously a lot of physio and a test on Friday, as per club website

• Like 1

I saw Hamnan, AVB and JKH in Edwins

I thought Chandler shone today in the drills

I thought the kicking  in the windy conditions was really good

One frightening bit was Petty, they were doing a defensive spoiling drill involving a couple of bags, McCartney shouted  'crash it' as Petty approached the second bag, he did, he spoiled but then did a complete 360 in the air over the bag, which collapsed underneath him

He landed face down but bounced straight up, I think the accompanying laughter from everyone was more nervous relief than anything

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I saw Hamnan, AVB and JKH in Edwins

I thought Chandler shone today in the drills

I thought the kicking  in the windy conditions was really good

One frightening bit was Petty, they were doing a defensive spoiling drill involving a couple of bags, McCartney shouted  'crash it' as Petty approached the second bag, he did, he spoiled but then did a complete 360 in the air over the bag, which collapsed underneath him

He landed face down but bounced straight up, I think the accompanying laughter from everyone was more nervous relief than anything

Thanks for the report, Saty.  Any thoughts on if they were managing players for the short break, or was it all available putting in?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vineytime said:

Pruess - not convinced he will play this week, trained away from main group and left track early, taking 1 handed chest marks as to not favour his crook shoulder. 

1 hour ago, Satyriconhome said:

Preuss only had the shoulder lightly strapped, had no difficulty or discomfort with the shoulder when I watched him.

I'm leaning toward exhibit A.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, one_demon said:

On the news, Preuss looked like he was training with one arm

26 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Goody seemed pretty confident in his presser.  He doesn’t usually play games when talking about injuries. 

???  maybe he was instructed to not raise his Right Arm during training ?   Until late in the week.  Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Demons11 said:

Goody seemed pretty confident in his presser.  He doesn’t usually play games when talking about injuries. 

Goodwin has played games before although there are examples of other coaches that do it more than him ... I don't read into anything he says on the injury front. Also don't read into training reports from those with rose coloured glasses or deliberately trying to misinform.

Doubt Preuss will play and suspect that they want to keep st.kilda guessing about our final team and whether they will need an extra tall in defence... all the smoke and mirrors is a waste of time and supporters get misinformed in the processes

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Demons1858 said:

Goodwin has played games before although there are examples of other coaches that do it more than him ... I don't read into anything he says on the injury front. Also don't read into training reports from those with rose coloured glasses or deliberately trying to misinform.

Doubt Preuss will play and suspect that they want to keep st.kilda guessing about our final team and whether they will need an extra tall in defence... all the smoke and mirrors is a waste of time and supporters get misinformed in the processes

Unless its genuinely for medical reasons, to keep him going at this stage...   don't use that arm all week, until gameday...  have the injection, then use it...  ice it,  and do the same again ? 

3 hours ago, Demons1858 said:

We haven’t played games or tried to trick the opposition for aslong as I can remember

• Like 2

7 hours ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

We haven’t played games or tried to trick the opposition for aslong as I can remember

In fact we seem to do the opposite.  Wasn't the public announcement that Nev wouldn't play made well in advance of final team deadline last week?  

1 hour ago, TRIGON said:

Whilst at times you come in for criticism relating to bias, no-one in their right mind can argue with this one ☝️ 

Are you trying to suggest that, maybe, Preussy & Saty have something in common -- they are both 'armless...??  LOL

• Shocked 1