PREGAME: Rd 02 vs Geelong

Demonland

19 hours ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

You want another quick deck and the opposition to run all over us? 

Our frenetic game style is perfectly suited to a quick deck. That's exactly what we want.

It's the big grounds (like the MCG and Optus Stadium) that don't suit us if we don't work hard enough on the defensive spread.

The dimensions of Geelong suit us nicely, like Adelaide Oval's dimensions.

• Like 1

In: May, KK, Lockhart

Out: Hore, Spargo, Wagner

Not surprised.

Changes should give us a bit more run and a bit more aggro.

Not sure who is going to help Max in the ruck...

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Good Lord George said:

KK, May and Lockhart in. Wagner, Spargs and Hore out.

Frosty stays. Not too sure about this, especially if it's wet.  

agree.. i'd only keep one of frost or o-mac in the side.. shame about the boys dropped, but they'll be back

Was nervous this time last week when the sides were announced. Am so again this week, Frost lucky to keep his spot. Rushing KK in after 1 VFL practice match (sounds familiar) another debutant after getting a spot on the list 2 weeks ago ? Screams desperation

• Like 3

Knew Kolodjashnij was coming in, he is a good player. 

Great to see Lockharts dream come true.

Keilty emergency again, thought he was a chance this week but at least he is still in contention. If he keeps his good form cor a couple of VFL games, hopefully he gets a go sooner rather then later.

• Like 8

I hope Viney is fully fit and not taking the spot of someone who is.

Frost could be used on a wing or up forward is my guess 

11 minutes ago, Jaded said:

How Frost is still in the team is beyond me. He. Is. Awful. 

If he could at least offer us something in the ruck I would understand. But he only offers turnovers. 

Has the football IQ of a packet of twisties.

• Like 3

Just now, DeeZee said:

I hope Viney is fully fit and not taking the spot of someone who is.

Frost could be used on a wing or up forward is my guess 

Omg Frost on the wing turning it over. What a dream!

Thank god Hore is out. Frost and Oscar still in the team makes me worry. Interesting to see how they play Frost.

9 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Just glad Viney is playing.  Fingers crossed they aren't risking him and hes good to go.

I'm not filled with confidence... Unless he's improved his fitness drastically in 7 days

Edited by JV7
  • Like 2

On 3/27/2019 at 3:50 PM, Jones said:

Any chance for some positivity from Melbourne supporters?

How about getting behind the boys instead of acting like spoilt brats?

Yes Round 1 was disappointing but the last time we played Geelong we beat them in an Elimination final.

There is so much negativity going around atm from supporters it's quite ridiculous. 

It's round 2 FFS and we have a very important game coming up. Let's chuck the dummy out of the cot when it is Round 4 and we are 0-4.

Trouble is I have read this book before. Under neil D    one year good  next year shizen.   Hope history not repeating.   Worry that injuries ect preseason has left us  under done and in a few weeks  may come good but too late.  Would not want to be 0 -4

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Omg Frost on the wing turning it over. What a dream!

Frost doesn’t wear 30 on his jumper. 

Yes he had a bad one last week but he wasn’t alone. He played some good footy last year.

I agree with Wise he is probably there to pinch hit in the ruck and play a bit forward.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

Frost doesn’t wear 30 on his jumper. 

Yes he had a bad one last week but he wasn’t alone. He played some good footy last year.

I agree with Wise he is probably there to pinch hit in the ruck and play a bit forward.  

Honestly, as poor as his brain was last week, we need his speed... We were sooooo sloooooowwwww

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Honestly, as poor as his brain was last week, we need his speed... We were sooooo sloooooowwwww

Because he's speed was so damaging in that passage of play in the last qrt where he burst through the middle, had no idea what to do then got pinged holding the ball & stupidly booted it away & gave away 50

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Viney was never going to be dropped. 

I have a feeling Frost is in the side to pinch hit in the ruck and possibly play forward a bit. 

Agree on both

But is it really doing anyone any real favours by playing Jack if not properly fit/recovered ?

Just asking. 

• Angry 1

2 minutes ago, JV7 said:

Because he's speed was so damaging in that passage of play in the last qrt where he burst through the middle, had no idea what to do then got pinged holding the ball & stupidly booted it away & gave away 50

Or in the first quarter when he received the ball at full pace, decided to change direction at full pace and ended up laying on the ground, being tackled and caught holding the ball.

1 minute ago, beelzebub said:

Agree on both

But is it really doing anyone any real favours by playing Jack if not properly fit/recovered ?

Just asking. 

Maybe Viney is fit and just had a really poor game last week. Or maybe he received an early knock last week.

Agreed that we should not be carrying unfit players but gee we need his intensity...hopefully it is his usual intensity and not the Round 1 intensity.

Goody could be doing a Sheedy and bring Pruess in at the last minute for Frost.

• Like 1