The Suns will have a dip no doubt.

Stuie Dew is in the phase of his rebuild that Roosy was in in 2014. With him, he can't really drop players 4 at a time as they really have no one to replace them. That said they are building the habits this year that will hold them in good stead for years to come.

I think we should win by about 5 goals should things break our way. 18 points is the more likely winning margin.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert
Not Maxfield

I think we are 2 goals a quarter better.  That’s 48 point margin if we play 4 quarters.  Line by line we are a much better squad.  The only thing that will beat Melbourne today is...Melbourne.

• Like 4

We don't beat ourselves. That's not the Melbourne way. Well I don't. Can't speak for all of you.

2 hours ago, pineapple dee said:

Why isn't this game in Cairns ?? I'm in Port Douglas now and I would go to watch them in a heartbeat if it were in Cairns. As it is, I'll be watching it with FND at the Central Hotel in Port Douglas as the coconut palms sway in a gentle tropical zephyr. 

This is our day people !! 

Deeeelihghtful!

44 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

The Suns will have a dip no doubt.

Stuie Maxfield is in the phase of his rebuild that Roosy was in in 2014. With him, he can't really drop players 4 at a time as they really have no one to replace them. That said they are building the habits this year that will hold them in good stead for years to come.

I think we should win by about 5 goals should things break our way. 18 points is the more likely winning margin.

I know you know it’s unintentional but...

1 minute ago, McQueen said:

I know you know it’s unintentional but...

The perils of posting after you have just woken up.

2 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

Never post before your first coffee is fully absorbed. 

:p

7 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

That’s a fair sleep-in.

• Shocked 1

I'm out all day so I'll be keeping tabs on my phone.  As I can't discuss the game with all you wonderful* people, I'll leave you with these:

- A 5 goal win is fine.  In fact, ANY win on the road is fine.

- Dom Tyson is the best disposer of the football in the AFL and will hit target after target today.

- Don't [censored] your pants when Gold Coast kick the first and then refer to the lead up play as 'reminding you of the Mark Neeld days'

- ANB should be a long distance runner at the next Olympic Games.

- Dees to win... by 5 goals...

*Most of you are wonderful...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, pineapple dee said:

Why isn't this game in Cairns ?? I'm in Port Douglas now and I would go to watch them in a heartbeat if it were in Cairns. As it is, I'll be watching it with FND at the Central Hotel in Port Douglas as the coconut palms sway in a gentle tropical zephyr. 

This is our day people !! 

Damn! Does your beverage of choice have a little umbrella in it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProDee said:

This is a must win game.  I don't believe we play finals without beating a Gold Coast team without Tom Lynch.  Nor would an aspiring finals team deserve to be finalists with a loss today.

Most importantly, we'll be 4/4 with 14 rounds to go.  We'd need to win a minimum of 8 matches from the 14 (preferably 9) to play finals with two games against Adelaide scheduled, a game at Kardinia Park, games against Sydney and the Giants (the latter will have plenty of players back by round 23), and a game against West Coast in Perth, but this time with Naitanui and Kennedy.

There will basically be no wriggle room to make finals with a loss today.

I think we'll win and win well, but a loss will most likely mean 'season over'.

You mean 5/3  with 14 rounds to go ProDee?

6 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Damn! Does your beverage of choice have a little umbrella in it?

At least one of my drinks will have an umbrella in it for sure.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, McQueen said:

That’s a fair sleep-in.

I live overseas so I am one hour behind Oz.

I would have posted that around 9:30.

9 minutes ago, Caligula's cohort said:

You mean 5/3  with 14 rounds to go ProDee?

I was talking about the perils of a loss.  If we lose we'll be 4/4, which would make finals difficult.

I expect a comfortable win.

I was thinking of watching the match at the Sporting Globe in Richmond. Is that a good place to watch the match? Are any other Demonlanders going there? Is it too dorky to wear a Demons' scarf? Hello, is anyone still reading this?

1 minute ago, ProDee said:

I was talking about the perils of a loss.  If we lose we'll be 4/4, which would make finals difficult.

I expect a comfortable win.

I see that now after re-reading your post. Gold Coast should be at least a 30 point win today and we should have a 60 point win over Carlton next week which will be big percentage boosters for us. I reckon we'll be nearing top 4 after round 9. 

A must win, give the Suns a sniff and we’ll be in trouble, must get on top early and not let up, can’t afford to stop like we did against the Lions. Prodee is spot on, despite being still relatively early in the season, this is a critical game for us when it comes to finals.

25 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Konichiwa

10 minutes ago, small but forward said:

Kawasaki 

Go Dees?