The Jack Watts in 2018 Thread

Ugottobekidding

18 minutes ago, TheoX said:

I hope he makes us pay bigtime for the ridiculous decision to trade him for near on nothing. He deserves success after the [censored] he put up with for a decade.

Or perhaps he should’ve kept his off field behaviour in better order!

• Like 2

The opposite of love isn't hate - its apathy - and I can see there is still so so soooo much love for Jack on this forum... keep kicking goals Jack, for you are the gift that keeps on giving!

And my own personal view is - 10 years into his career - Jack needed a change of team (environment, culture, coach, teammates) for him to give himself the opportunity to be more consistent. It was never to happen within the team of Melbourne - the factors that drive the inconsistent behaviours are well spoken about, from development and support, but its not MELBOURNE as an entity that did this, its a range of individuals over a decade, including Jack himself .

Edited by Danelska
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I loved JW playing for us and l bled when the FD did the dirty and moved  him on. Take it as you like.  l CAN GO ON AND ON. JW has moved on and we have to move together, support our club and stick fat.  It is over.  Lets hope that we have a good start Sunday and support the boys to a win. We have some excellent players and more depth than we ever had for as long as l can remember. Lets all enjoy the ride.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ProDee said:

A typical Watts game............... 

Two goals from left foot snaps, which is his bread and butter, and a goal from a free after he dropped a mark he should have taken

Re-writing reality?  An interesting summation of his 'skill set'.  I would have thought that he was better known for the accuracy of his set-shot goal-kicking with his preferred right foot and his ability to identify and find a target when under pressure.  Given that we have quite a few players who are unable to kick reliably with their preferred foot and are lucky to actually make contact with the ball off of their unpreferred, it's surely not constructive to try and create a false narrative.   This is as unhelpful as the 'Pedo is a spud' campaign and just casts doubt on your opinion.  Our individual biases are evidenced here but there's little point in trying to spin  the self-evident.

Edited by Jimcor2
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, nosoupforme said:

I loved JW playing for us and l bled when the FD did the dirty and moved  him on. Take it as you like.  l CAN GO ON AND ON. JW has moved on and we have to move together, support our club and stick fat.  It is over.  Lets hope that we have a good start Sunday and support the boys to a win. We have some excellent players and more depth than we ever had for as long as l can remember. Lets all enjoy the ride.

I agree.  My support will never change but that does not mean endorsing what I consider poor decisions by the Club (and there have certainly been a few over the 60 years I've been on board) or accepting the failure of the club to learn from their mistakes (again one or two).  Presidents, players, coaches, quacks come and go.  We don't.  In the meantime, I can't wait to watch the game tomorrow but I'm nervous!

Edited by Jimcor2
  • Like 1

A lot of people here are happy to see him do well. And honestly, I wish I was like that. 

I hope this is as good as it gets for Watts at Port. I want to see a few stinkers and pooncey attempts at tackles like we had to watch for us all those dark afternoons at the g.

• Like 2

Determining whether or not trading Watts was the right or wrong decision shouldn't be measured against the quality of his season at Port. I'm sure the MFC knew Watts was a talented player and that he was capable of very impressive games like today's... they just didn't see that talent fitting into our success unfortunately.

The decision to trade him will be justified by the quality of OUR season and whether or not we take that next significant step to success. 

Watts is going to have some amazing games because he's a great player, but if we see the improvement and success that this decision was expected to deliver, then letting Watts go might have been best (for both parties) after all.

• Like 4

Our club has made a descision I’m going to support the club and wish Jack all the best. 

So many of our supporters are suffering from MFCSS this is the bigger problem for the club than I thought. 

Go Dees

Edited by DaveyDee
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jumbo returns said:

No, he's not - just typical of so many that take cheap shots at him

I notice one 'poster' who was most vociferous in his criticism is nowhere to be found

Chickenshit

I was just out running some errands Jumbo.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Can’t divide a pack, can divide a forum. 

90% of us are optimistic about the future 10% of the community are pessimists and so far away from the thinking inside the club it’s not funny - it’s time to cut them loose

the 10% think football is a religion or a political party - no it’s just a game

Edited by DaveyDee

Serious question.

Do the Jack Watts soy boys think that those who wanted his sorry backside gone think that we never thought he'd play a decent game again ?  

Do you really think that ?

Thank you in advance.